This is what we're all about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what we're all about

Why are we aiming to make Public arenas consistent?

Encourage teamwork;

“The ultimate goal of Trench Wars is the development and maintenance of an on-line community that fosters teamwork.”
    A segment of The Mission Statement of TrenchWars.

And;

“We acknowledge that we are, first and foremost, a gaming community that should represent the highest level of play for an online game. Teamwork is a primarily consideration for our community since we believe that there is nothing we can do as individuals that we cannot do better as a team.” Trench Wars Values.

Promote basing, as well as other aspects of play;

“To maintain the game play focus of this zone; Basing, and to promote it to newer players and establish it within the community (Publics), while not neglecting other aspects of Trench Wars, such as the dueling aspect of Trench Wars.”
    Trench War's Objective.

Increase competition;

“To maintain the competitiveness within the zone, by introducing new players to TWD and TWL respectively.” Trench Wars Objective.

In a nutshell, we are creating a focus of basing in ALL Public arenas, which will still allow other types of game play, which will increase the competitiveness in Publics, and in Leagues.

How do we achieve this though?

I have received many ideas and opinions from a lot of players about what we should do to 'fix' Publics. But, we should fix them in accordance with our Zone Objectives, to ensure we are on track with our changes.

This won't be an easy change, and part of my role is help you, the Public, understand what we are doing. The proposed idea that we make ALL Public arenas consistent, will not be a simple one setting change either.

I hope this sheds some light into what we are doing. Feel free to leave feedback and ideas/opinions here. Thanks.

Mootland Farmer,
    Head of Public Development
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

isn't this the same thing as every other thread about publics seeing as how you have provided no idea as to what changes your making?
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

There are endless ideas, which is why we are testing some, for example new Leviathan settings.
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
        There are endless ideas, which is why we are testing some, for example new Leviathan settings.
        awsome, how about a cute conformed list of the settings / changes your making, so this thread is a bit more informative? <3
        (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
        (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
        (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
        (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

wait...there is/was a problem with pubs?

Comment

Sure,

For example;

Teamwork - People have to earn the right to use Private Frequencies.
            Basing - Lessen the effect of LTs on Basing.
            Promotion of Basing - Guides, basing information etc.
            Competition - Have timed games in all Publics.

Each idea has to be carefully dissected before we implement it, because of the implications it would have on the rest of the Publics and players. Hence why we are testing stuff, and not fully disclosed a one-way path to changing Publics in alignment with our Zone Objectives.
            Last edited by Mootland Farmer; 11-09-2006, 08:26 PM. Reason: Added in 'Promotion of Basing'
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager

Comment

phew its was behind the subwoofeer for the pc :/ man

Warning for triple posting. This falls under the category for spam. -Kim
              Last edited by Kim; 11-10-2006, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Money
                dude, i just lost a half a pound of wee, its no where, ive looooke everywhere and no ones been in my apt.....am i too high or what wtf
                thank you for that money. very insightful and on topic.

Anyways...something on topic!

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                The proposed idea that we make ALL Public arenas consistent, will not be a simple one setting change either.
                This proposal suggests that you want to make all public arenas the same. If anything I think you should go in the entirely oposite direction by adding diversity to the public arenas. Giving players more options.

But with all honesty I think that the public arenas arent where we should be focused. The Sub-Arenas of trench wars and its diverse collection of events and leagues is what makes it the most popular zone. Publics are fine if you ask me.

But of course there is no harm in experimenting with different settings.

Comment

This is where you are wrong. While diversity is good, it is killing Trench Wars. Up to this date and right now, there is no direction. We simply implement whatever idea pops into peoples minds. Thus we have a spread of player base and competition. For instance, there are so many Javelin dueling arenas baseelim, javs, javduel, tourney, that there are a few people in each, or some in one and no people in the rest. I'm pretty sure that is killing our competition. Anyway..

If I was a new player and I entered Trench Wars and every time there was a different arena, how the hell am I able to determine what the hell I'm supposed to do in every arena. New players have no idea what the goal of Public is because it is different in every arena, and thus get turned off. Our entrance zone message is a travesty;

"Welcome to Trench Wars! We got fun stuff happening at ?go base, ?go wbduel, ?go javduel, ?go tourny and way too many to list. Http://www.trenchwars.org"

This just shows we have spread ourselves way too far for our population.

Giving players more and more options will kill Trench Wars off for good.
                  • Shark
                  • Dicer
                  • Sager

Comment

!!!

Talk is cheap.
                    Show me the numbers!

http://stats.trenchwars.org/
                    Last edited by AnImoL; 11-11-2006, 08:02 AM. Reason: Found some
                    1:anImoL> 1:Tigerex> rofl (^=.=^) (^=.=) (^=.) (^=) (^) (^ ^) (^) (=^) (.=^) (=.=^) (^=.=^) SPIN KITTY
                    1:Mega Newbie> ROFL 8=D 8==D 8===D 8====D 8=====D PINTO EM ERECAO

Comment

is it possible for us to see a list of who are on the public committee?
                      1 + 1 = 1

Comment

if pub had a similar mvp system as base, i'm sure many people would play it
                        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

WBpub1 and WBpub2 have a pubbot and robodude or chick in each for duelers bots can run automated games with evening teams at start of each people get 10 deaths and away you gogogogogogogo. bot can list mvp and people can enter at the beginning of each round on whatever freq they get on as the bot will even it this should make things stay fair enough and give the duelers their own style of pub to play in as well as basers having their pub. {btw I am no dueler by a long shot} but I remember playing in the spawn for hours at a time dueling.
                          ?find dads revenge

Comment

Sounds good Moot. Vision and direction are needed.

You go and do that hokey pokey and you shake it all about.

(That's what we're all about.)

Comment

I would like to see a list of players on the public committee as well. I didn't know we had one. Is this made of staff only? I would assume it has players and staff since its a public committee.

I agree with what has been said above, you have not said how you are going to do the things you have suggested. What exactly is going to be tested? If you have them give numbers. I clicked a link that said a committee has decided something from the tw home page and I got to a thread that gives general ideas and no specifics of what is to happen. How are we going to limit the effect of LTs and is the right to get on a private freq going to be point based or what?

I like the effort. Good work

Comment

Working...
                              X