This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Opinion Re: Treatment of Newbs

Feel the need to vent. Take my opinion for what it's worth.
    I am pissed at the way (some) so-called veterans treat new players or whomever they consider to be new (no finger pointing). I realize this is not a new issue and that there is likely no solution. Be that as it may, the abuse of "newer" players is unbelievable, and I have no patience left.
    Elim is ridiculous - the remarks are insulting due to sheer ignorance. I personally do not appreciate pm's from ppl who cannot lose without some excuse and cannot comprehend the meaning of sportsmanship.
    I also do not feel it necessary to defend myself when I contend I am not new, it shouldn't matter - the same respect should be shown to anyone playing to have fun, regardless of how long they've been playing.
    It may be expected that truly new players will go around spouting "Newb! Laggot! Die Die!", for a reaction, for attention, whatever their motives. It is quite a different matter for someone who has played for years to spam their assertion that EVERY FRIKKEN OTHER PLAYER IS NEW, NOT AS GOOD AS THEM, THEY ARE GOD... SHUT UP
    I have a point, bear with me.
    I figure "veterans" have a role to play. They provide an example to which ppl joining ss will adhere - set a poor example of newbie bashing, and the cycle will never end. Staff does a great job of supporting everyone, why can't most players be supportive or positive (or quiet)?
    I am too tired to relate a coherent thought, hopefully y'all get the gist - frankly, there is no justification for more experienced, talented, intelligent, whatever players to treat others like shit.
    Most ppl play to have fun - stats, usage, ping, they really don't matter - IT'S JUST A GAME.
    Act like it.
    Thx for your attn.

People bug me too and by all accounts I'm a vet. It goes everywhere. People on the internet are just asses. Some are asses because they can get away with it, some are because they're 14, and some are just genuinely asses.

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Hi. ?nopubchat
      O.O
      Originally posted by Diakka
      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

I agree with you RG...

I wish people would just be quiet instead of venting their spleen on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
          , some are because they're 14,
          -Epi
          I find this has been growing of late
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

I have to agree with RG as well.

Elim is definetly a problem, some players really do make life difficult for others in there.

Maybe 1 member of staff is needed in there at all times to stop the abuse?
            Warpath

Comment

Good opinion!

I liked what u have written man and there is an issue here...
              But i doubt that there is much to do with it, hopefully the ppl that get good does allso get bored of calling newbs newbs

Only person that call me newb is DEA, GG!
              Don't U just love the way your fingers smell after a real good ass digging?

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph
                Maybe 1 member of staff is needed in there at all times to stop the abuse?
                That'd be fun, seeing as they're (or at least, certain members of staff) just as bad when it comes to throwing in the "newb" and alike comments. However it seems the new players copy this attitude, so it's a vicious circle with new players thinking the elite way to act in elim is to cuss anyone who kills them.

In the meantime the sad truth is the only solution is ?nopubchat
                gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Trashtalking is what makes subspace fun

Comment

There's trashtalking .. then theres pointless crap spammed in elim.

And besides .. trashtalking is fun if it's quality trash talking.
                    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Roxy
                      Trashtalking is what makes subspace fun
                      there have been lots of trash talking on this forum.. and i can tell you, it's not fun at all. If you think about it, what post made by a non-veteran have never been flamed before? This forum is a place where veterans don't welcome the new people, rather they are snobbish and flame them... (at least most vets)

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                        There's trashtalking .. then theres pointless crap spammed in elim.

And besides .. trashtalking is fun if it's quality trash talking.

I wonder if anybody here has played Monkey Island?
                        Now there was a creative way to duel. =)
                        Quite true, too bad elim kiddies are limited to "stfu", "newb", "stfu newb" and "newb stfu" variations.
                        Being a dumb whiner is SO elite.

That, counting that those sobs with fragile egos are probably not older than a month or a pair. I even made a macro to ?ignore but it still takes time to choose such idiot, which is bad.
                        Hey, i think they should make a dynamically updated ignore.txt file and an option to auto-download it, so the heroes of the whine front like anime, th@@@@, dea, and the future similar wankers would never be heard.

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                        1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                        1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                        1:Zloy> Why
                        1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Yah dude I know how you feel.
                          I'm a fairly new player too and I always get picked on and flamed by these so-called snobby vets, they are so annoying, I mean everyone has to start somewhere!.. I mean I'm sure they didn't get good overnight, so let me practice and I can do without all the newbie bashing when I get 2-10 in elim and such .. with enough practice I'll become pretty good!

Really!! I really can! Everyone says I'm a fast learner!

(EDIT: LOL sorry I had to remove my sig. )
                          :fear:

TWLD Season 11 Champion ~ Stray
                          TWLD Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
                          TWLJ Season 7 Champion ~ Syndicate
                          TWLJ Season 5 Champion ~ Elusive
                          TWL Season 4 Champion ~ Siege
                          TWL Season 3 Champion ~ Siege

TWEL Season 1 Winner
                          TWD Season 1 Winner ~ Elusive

Comment

You sucked three years ago.
                            You suck now.