Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much power does your upper staff have?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zingy View Post
    Well not quite blatant... it's a bit more extreme than it probably deserves to be, but I think some form of punishment is deserved.

As for you saying Rudy cheated by banfree'ing Aorta. Cheating means breaking the rules, and i'm not really sure we know the list of rules that BanG ops must abide by, so therefore we can't really judge his actions.

His "cheat" was letting your brother "off the hook" early -- is it really worth fighting about something that was beneficial to him? I think a stronger argument would have been to just leave Aorta out and bring your issue to light (being banned for 4 months without any hardcore "crime").
    umm wrong again

being as he found out who aorta was shortly after banfreeing him it was his staffed job obligation to solve that problem of ban evading being permitted by the banfree that was given...now if rudy decides to say this is not true, and that he never knew aorta was who i say he is, than his 4 month ban that was just giving is unjust under the same understanding of the "double jeapordy" laws the US uses, not saying we follow same things, but they are morally correct....but that is another battle

and on top of that, i didn't start this thread, aorta did, i just jumped in.

and yes, i understand i can probably fight my ban because you can not ban people for allowing them to squad captain your squad then they dissolve it and break your trust, but arguing for aorta does not hurt me in any way being as that my point of view of that incident does not directly affect what has happened to me

edit: didn't see the part about zones
    - at the time he was young enough to not care enough about staff to be entangled with their crazy spider webs and thought "if i dont cheat in TW i can be banned in it" kind of like "if i kill a fool and get to mexico im safe" as bad as it sounds it is true
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
      umm wrong again

being as he found out who aorta was shortly after banfreeing him it was his staffed job obligation to solve that problem of ban evading being permitted by the banfree that was given...now if rudy decides to say this is not true, and that he never knew aorta was who i say he is, than his 4 month ban that was just giving is unjust under the same understanding of the "double jeapordy" laws the US uses, not saying we follow same things, but they are morally correct....but that is another battle

and on top of that, i didn't start this thread, aorta did, i just jumped in.

and yes, i understand i can probably fight my ban because you can not ban people for allowing them to squad captain your squad then they dissolve it and break your trust, but arguing for aorta does not hurt me in any way being as that my point of view of that incident does not directly affect what has happened to me

edit: didn't see the part about zones
      - at the time he was young enough to not care enough about staff to be entangled with their crazy spider webs and thought "if i dont cheat in TW i can be banned in it" kind of like "if i kill a fool and get to mexico im safe" as bad as it sounds it is true
      You keep saying i'm wrong about particular things, but that's simply due to the posts on the first page which were too jumbled up to make sense, but overall now I think we are understanding each other better. :wub:

So according to you, Rudy found out who he was, but did not remove the banfree, which you say was his responsibility. But this is the "mercy" thing that I was referring too -- would you have been better off if he had removed your brother from the banfree and let him serve out the term of his netban? Probably not, since you lied to get him out of the netban in the first place.

You also mention his "staffed job obligation," but like I said -- how are we supposed to know what is within his obligation or not? Either way Aorta is going to end up serving less of his ban even with the extension, than he would have otherwise -- isn't this considered a good thing? :greedy:

I think one of the reasons for the confusion was that one of the arguments you guys were making against Rudy was that he was too lenient with Aorta in the first place (you say he should have removed him from banfree). If you felt so strongly about the fact that your brother was being given a shortened ban, why didn't you bring it up then? You waited until the original 1 year netban was up and once you saw the extension, then u decided it was worth talking about since his actions were no longer in your favor?
      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

Originally posted by Zingy View Post
        You keep saying i'm wrong about particular things, but that's simply due to the posts on the first page which were too jumbled up to make sense, but overall now I think we are understanding each other better. :wub:

So according to you, Rudy found out who he was, but did not remove the banfree, which you say was his responsibility. But this is the "mercy" thing that I was referring too -- would you have been better off if he had removed your brother from the banfree and let him serve out the term of his netban? Probably not, since you lied to get him out of the netban in the first place.

You also mention his "staffed job obligation," but like I said -- how are we supposed to know what is within his obligation or not? Either way Aorta is going to end up serving less of his ban even with the extension, than he would have otherwise -- isn't this considered a good thing? :greedy:

I think one of the reasons for the confusion was that one of the arguments you guys were making against Rudy was that he was too lenient with Aorta in the first place (you say he should have removed him from banfree). If you felt so strongly about the fact that your brother was being given a shortened ban, why didn't you bring it up then? You waited until the original 1 year netban was up and once you saw the extension, then u decided it was worth talking about since his actions were no longer in your favor?
        answer to the end paragraph : i waited to see rudy get in a bind where his nuts are trapped between two forms of cheating, and yes i do find it enjoyable because i do believe he is not fit for BanG Op. hence all the recent talk of him stepping down, which i dont think will happen. no i dont know the guy well but his avg judge of charactor from the circles i travel at least (both pub and TWD) are not good, so i form the opinion as thus: rudy = not fit for bang op, and has been proven so on indecision to ban known ban evaders only to reban them after said ban time was up, regardless of if this is nice, i doubt his job is to be nice.
        (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
        (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

I wonder what her comments would be regarding this matter :wub:

Have my efforts to distract you all so we can calm down succeeded?
          CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

I thought the thread would end soon, but then I scrolled down and saw like 50 lines of text yet..

Hint to everyone: If you want to test CE (which I gotta say no because you might get addicted to its coolness), do it at least in your own zone.

Heroin Bob, you've gone pretty low lately. I never knew Aorta well. He seemed nice when he was the host of Paladen radio, but seriously, cheating, in any zone.. That's just lame..

Suffer guys.
            3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
            3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
            3:i.d.> da fk is that?
            3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
            3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
            3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
            3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
            3:Shadowmere> LOL
            3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
            Shadowmere> Rofl
            Up in ya !> With his feet
            Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
            Up in ya !> l44t feet
            Deft> l44t f44t*
            Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
            Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
              I thought the thread would end soon, but then I scrolled down and saw like 50 lines of text yet..

Hint to everyone: If you want to test CE (which I gotta say no because you might get addicted to its coolness), do it at least in your own zone.

Heroin Bob, you've gone pretty low lately. I never knew Aorta well. He seemed nice when he was the host of Paladen radio, but seriously, cheating, in any zone.. That's just lame..

Suffer guys.
              when i saw sertifi posted in this thread i thought "oh another suck up moment"

read the first bit, which made me think "wow he isn't brown nosing"

read the part about me being low latley....

my question...When the fuck did you ever know me to be high?

and also to follow it up, you have no opinion of any other zone because you only want staff in trenchwars, not that i blame you or make fun of you for it, so please, go post in another thread and leave your sucking up elsewhere, thanks cutie pie! afk bed time ill check this tomorrow prolly after it is closed from rudy getting pwnt

Comment

I admit it. I made a couple of mistakes.
                First off. I should have been a merciless cunt and rebanned you both the moment I found out the truth about your brother. I'm sorry I let you be here for so long, I just figured that since you spent half a year dodging a ban, you might as well follow it through.

Secondly, I should never again take into account that someone's brother or sister was the one hacking and make any allowances for the rest of the family. It just causes problems making sure the ban sticks to the right person and stresses me out worrying about it. I won't be doing that again. People have to start taking responsibility for their siblings' actions as well as their own. If you don't trust them not to get you banned, don't let them play anywhere near you. Bans aren't specific to the person sitting at the PC, so they will not be treated as such henceforth. This new strategy will make my work a lot more easier. I shall call it the "Stiff shit, fuck off" approach.

I apologise to everyone in the Trench community for this. I promise, it won't happen again.
                What I don't apologise for is heading the charge to get rid of the hackers and cheaters that abuse this client. What you have in this thread is a pair of desperados who have attempted to mark me as an abuser of my position. I take offence to that.
                We don't have fancy anti-cheating software at our disposal like some other games. What we have is a banning system that is not documented, not explained. It sometimes doesn't work and sometimes when it does, it works too well. I work hard on a daily basis interrogating the shit out of this system to find matches of one name against another and recording every piece of data that is generated on my screen. I don't do this because it gets me chicks, I don't do this because I have a self-esteem issue and banning people boosts my ego. I do this because I like playing detective. That's all. All everyone really is, is a series of numbers and I find the logical explanations for why those numbers are linked. If ever that stops being fun for me, I'll quit that same day. You'll never see or hear from me again. Then what will you do? You'll have to have someone else appointed to my position who will have to learn the system from scratch. You'll have someone without that same drive I have to get the job done and be just as efficient. I wish you all the best when that day arrives. Until then: Stiff shit, fuck off.

P.S Even though I bought this upon myself; enough spam. These forums are not to discuss in-game bans. Thread is closed.
                Obligatory E-mail link

P.P.S Don't repost this guys or the zone won't be the only place you'll be kicked out of. You wouldn't want that.
                Last edited by Rudy; 12-03-2006, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X