No announcement yet.

Elimination arenas back together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove tourny and go javs. Change the belim map back to the original. The streak idea in belim and elim would be kind of a cool idea. Guaranteed to make the population and leetness of belim return
    Indulgence

Comment

I do think that introducing automated tourny was a bad idea. Not only did it take away from the specialness of hosted tournaments, it also took many away from baseelim.

I don't think ?go javs should be removed because put it this way... We want our population to be happy no? They obviously prefer playing in ?go javs than baseelim so let them.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

i like ?go tourny, but i hate it how JAVERS vote for jav all the fucking time. but back on topic, no, dont merge them together cause it will be the same fucking problem.. even though there are alot more wbers then javers.

well thats my two cents

i LIKE you're idea webcrawler! (spider)
        TWLD Champion 2014
        TWDTB Champion 2013
        TWDTB Champion 2016
        TWDTB Champion 2017
        TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
        -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
          i like ?go tourny, but i hate it how JAVERS vote for jav all the fucking time. but back on topic, no, dont merge them together cause it will be the same fucking problem.. even though there are alot more wbers then javers.

well thats my two cents

thats exactly what will happen in elim, why make another ?go tourny out of ?go elim, just doesnt make sense

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post

well thats my two cents

exactly what i already said, javers ruined their arenas themselves, and they ruin other arenas for the wbs by driving out all the wbs and voting javs constantly, thats their agenda, fine, but stop crying that your arenas are dead because you do it to yourselves javvers
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

tbh the reason belim doesnt get played is because the map is pretty crappy...the ?go javs map is much better, maybe to solve this someone should create a new belim map? then i might play it B)
              TWL-J Season 11 Champion
              TWL-J Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 21 Champion
              TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
              TWDT-D 2017 Champion
              TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

So, how about if the voting system was to be changed and there would be
                an equal amount of WB and JAV elims? Would you want to have different types
                of elims aswell? Like 2v2, 3v3, maybe an elim where you have to get a kill
                before the time runs out or you are eliminated? Etc new elim events?

What maps should there be for each WB and Jav eliminations? Totally new map?
                These maps could be separated, and the arena settings or a bot could allow
                warping WBs on their own map and Javs on their own map. These elimination
                games could be hosted at the same time, that's not impossible either, but it
                would take a bit of hard work by our beloved TWDev team to accomplish.

Elimination issue is actually quite important and on the surface right now.
                Ara / AraGee / Death
                SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                ----------------------------------------------

Comment

?go elim works. Its popular 24/7. no need to change it :wub:

I think what baseelim is lacking is barwarp and streakbot. Remove all bots from ?go javs and stick them in ?go baseelim. I hate it when they have the streak bot in there u get spawned all the time.

streakbot would be cool for ?go elim too..

I remember a time you could play in ?go javs and the players there wouldnt spawn you and you could gracefully travell up to base.
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

absolutely not. i want to play my warbirds whenever i want. i would hate to see a few javvers take over the arena with the vote count. i still don't know why no javs decide to go in baseelim anymore. take off the usage cap, do something.
                    RaCka> how can i get you here
                    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Like many Warbird players have stated, you're better off separating the two arenas. Elim and Javs are the two main dueling arenas now, so do something to Javs to make it more competitive.
                      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                      • Shark
                      • Dicer
                      • Sager
                      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

No, just because no-one plays baseelim doesn't mean you have to conglomerate it into elim. There are tournys and .?go javs for those who like to jav. Tourny's already constitute around 80% javs as opposed to 20% of the rest. So please leave elim be, and don't make any changes
                        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                        1:Cower> Sword
                        1:Kthx> ok
                        1:Cower> Axe
                        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                        1:Cower> ?
                        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          1. Merge elim and baseelim.
                          2. Make the usage limit to play in the arena something higher, like 250 hours or even 500 to avoid aliasing.
                          3. Have the top elim rankers on the TW.Org main page.
                          4. Have a more complicated ranking system, that counts wins into averages, so people can't go 5-0 and spec, and still be highly ranked.
                          5. Don't make a second tourny arena, we already have too many automated things.
                          6. Have squad-averages as a category you can lookup on the roboref, such as !rank quicksand, and it will give the average of all the QS's players elim recs together. Have this posted on TW.Org also.
                          7. Lock ?go javs except on weekends.
                          8. Have a death limit based on players, for instance if two people are in and the death gets voted to 10, have it auto-change to five because, watching two newbies duel to 10 while you wait to get in sucks.
                          9. Make it so one ship can't be picked more then three times in a row, so if Javs get voted three times, then warbirds would come next, and vice versa.
                          10. Redesign the elim map, get rid of the stupid crap like spacetrees, and replace them with something that looks better, or makes more sense.
                          11. Have squads that have been around for X weeks send in Elim style maps, and if they have the highest average elim rank, then we use their map for elim until they are replaced by another squad.
                          only points i disagree with are 2 and 7 because if you have 250 hours/500 hours usage, newbs don't all want to play pub so keep .?go javs open. Keeping go javs open will help bad javs get better without it "hurting" their squads ranking

Edit: NO LEVS IN ELIM
                          Last edited by Refund!; 01-22-2007, 06:22 PM.
                          (Everett)>TOASTY had been promoted from rookie to decent player. Salary increased (+ $1.1 Million US/Year)
                          (TOASTY)>Everett has been promoted from immigrant to bad English speaker. Salary increased (+ Minimum Wage US/Year)

2:Refund> whatup ev
                          2:Everett> good

Comment

please god no. jav isnt that fun elim wise.
                            A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Refund! View Post
                              Edit: NO LEVS IN ELIM
                              KEEP LEVI ELIM

Its the only one i can win :wub:

Why not add the baseelim bot to ?go javs and see what happens.

the problem with the baseelim map is it is too big.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post

hell yes
                                but fix the cloakerrace.
                                some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                                1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                                1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Working...
                                X