• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you could use the WW3 arena

Comment

k

Originally posted by Galaxy Turbo View Post
      It's really not that bad is it? At least say why, then I can make something of your argument(s) =P
      k, i'll make it simple:

a good player is one who doesn't die out
      a good team is a team that takes out enemies on high deaths
      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

a good player is somebody that plays the game well, be it a normal game, or the game idea he is putting forward.

could be an intersting twist on jds and dds.

Comment

dsadaabsd edit

Comment

This just seems like a diluted, dumbed down version of regular TWD matches. Unlimited deaths? Smaller map? Yeah, the action will be faster, but people will be less careful and I don't think I'd like the tactics this type of game would encourage.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyWuzzyBear View Post
              This just seems like a diluted, dumbed down version of regular TWD matches. Unlimited deaths? Smaller map? Yeah, the action will be faster, but people will be less careful and I don't think I'd like the tactics this type of game would encourage.
              I would say yeah it's just a variation from the current regular matches, however I think people will be still careful knowing that there are points and rankings at stake, and if you mean tactics such as spawning, we get that enough already. Why? Because people want to secure their wins.

There is also the fact that since it's dependent on time, people that keep getting killed will develop this "Ahh I don't care anymore" kind of attitude and stop trying, get killed some more. Okay, they can, they'll only just get subbed or dealt with by the squad they're in.
              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
              5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
              1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
              1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

I kinda see the rounds as half time. After round 1 if you lose, the 5 mins before round 2 starts is your chance (as a squad captain) to fix things, rearrange the team, change tactics and make a comeback.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Galaxy Turbo View Post
                  It is indeed a little bit less organised than the current system, but it could be a change that's as simple as challenging teams with !tchallenge (Timed Challenge) instead of the regular !challenge. If the other team accepts then it goes under way, right?
                  Again, not saying that it should be a replacement to the current system, it's just an idea, it's not going to exactly happen. =)
                  Well what if some squads would only play (Timed Games) then when league starts there will be huge shit storm cause they didnt get Timed games in TWL. Just what I think
                  (Paradise)>dj sage
                  (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
                  1: Dynasty> LOL
                  1:vue> LOL
                  1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Originally posted by thesearcher View Post
                    a good player is somebody that plays the game well, be it a normal game, or the game idea he is putting forward.

could be an intersting twist on jds and dds.
                    what you don't see is that it's a team-based-game. if someone dies out you will (as epi put it and is 100% correct) leave your team at a HUGE disadvantage.
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                      what you don't see is that it's a team-based-game. if someone dies out you will (as epi put it and is 100% correct) leave your team at a HUGE disadvantage.
                      The idea is to eliminate that factor and have the "losing" team have a fighting chance. For all you know one squad that's sucking could have a huge turnaround in game and totally kick ass because there's still 4 players. There's every chance of that happening, and that's what he means by the fact that it could be an interesting twist in DD/JD.
                      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

Comment

GT you know i love you, but your attempting to turn TWDD into TWSD

having a set amount of lives is what drives skill into people. ousting 9s is one of the crucial things you must do as a team else you allow some one to stray you.
                        (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                        (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                        (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                        (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                        (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                          all i was saying is that a good player isnt just a player whos good at the traditional games, if a player who is bad at usual jds turns out to be good at this new idea, then he is a good player, just at a different kind of game.

for example i play call of duty 2 alot, and i am pretty good at SD (search and destroy), which is for arguments sake, the equivalent of normal jd or dd, have to work as a team, requires a bit more skill at different things such as stealth and conserving your life, I am the best in my clan (squad) at SD, but im not the best at CTF or TDM, which is basically the kind of game GT is putting forward, these games are alot more hectic, and fast pased, and can be alot of fun, players who are usually not so great at sd, turn out to be good at these games.

all im saying is a "good player" is somebody that is good at what game type they play, if you understand what im getting at.

anyway it would be nice to have a different kind of game as an option, to breath some life and bring some different to TW.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroin Bob View Post
                            GT you know i love you, but your attempting to turn TWDD into TWSD

having a set amount of lives is what drives skill into people. ousting 9s is one of the crucial things you must do as a team else you allow some one to stray you.
                            I'm really not, like I say it's just a thought =)

I guess it does render some teaming efforts useless, but couldn't you say there's motivation in knowing that if you don't get a high enough score you lose? That could be enough to drive skill into people also.

There are a few bad points that are discouraging but I'm still trying to get you to see the light of it and kind of "counter" those bad points into something that could make the idea sound more positive, that's pretty much the point in me posting my replies.

You know I love you too HB =P
                            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)

Comment

Normaly the first team in twdd to lose a player loses the game. not always but normally. The perfect twdd game is where everyone on your team gets 10 kills and a similar number of deaths. That means you have teamed to perfection.

The only thing i don't like in twdd at the moment is full charge greens and energy depletions both are evil and need to be destroyed.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                                Normaly the first team in twdd to lose a player loses the game. not always but normally. The perfect twdd game is where everyone on your team gets 10 kills and a similar number of deaths. That means you have teamed to perfection.

The only thing i don't like in twdd at the moment is <b>full charge greens and energy depletions</b> both are evil and need to be destroyed.

i effing hate those
                                (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                                (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                                (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                                (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                                (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                                X