base change/ship change. VOTE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• base change/ship change. VOTE!

the current and constant changes made to trench wars is getting old imho.

the lack of respect when asking questions or suggesting improvements is shocking.

i suggested a vote and was told "in the end it doesn't matter the public does not decide"

when i asked if they completely changed tw (like the current changes do) if they would allow a new arena run by someone else to carry on....i got "would you like fries with that hahahaha!"

I think we need a vote.

a very simple vote.

old school(the one that got handed over from europe)

new skoolz(drastic ship changes and maps)

i know that there are good ideas out there for improving the game but for now...i think we need a baseline.

so please only vote "new skoolz" or "old school".

i will create another thread for improvements/ideas.

*i am obviously old school. don't let that influence your voting.

what in the world are you talking about?

first of all, what is "europe tw"?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Memeselfi, first off...the public does indeed influence the changes in pub. For example, there were enough people who complained about the weasel settings to have changed them a few times. So whoever told you that "in the end it doesn't matter the public does not decide" is either incorrect, or maybe that quote you mentioned is taken out of context. Also, you didn't mention who told you that info, either. So for all I know, it could be a squadmate of yours.

However, in this situation, we are going to move forward with the testing. I don't think a few days of testing the settings is too much to ask---especially since Mootland has given a ton of notice both in the Zone, the front page of Trenchwars.org, and in several posts---one of which has been stickied at the top of this subforum. However, after the testing period, please feel free to make your comments and they will definitely be considered.

All I ask in return is that you first read the Zone Objectives (basically, they are a Mission Statement for the zone) for the public arenas (here: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=25755), and that you just keep an open mind. The integrated settings aren't created just to piss people off, but they are there to work toward a solution to an overall problem.

Comment

OLD SKOOL!

This map sucks giant coxorz
        F_You> Id say not just lisa, but she might read this

F_You> my ass is an exit only, Ladies can knock at the door, but they cant come in.

Comment

This guy is a retard but what a terrible map.

Comment

There's no distinction between a European or American map. The server was moved to the United States a few years back but at the time no map changes occurred, it was to save on server costs.

Memeselfi I suggest you speak to Mootland Farmer or me about your ideas. A forum "vote" is not likely to produce anything worth considering and debate/discussion on this topic needs a lot more original and insightful content and opinion on the issue then you're providing to make it relevant.
            Last edited by Kolar; 02-02-2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

I've said this before, but a reminder would help:

The "classic" TW map wasn't made overnight and was itself a product of testing a tweaking. To expect a new map to be perfect right from the start is naive. If there's something wrong with it, then please, let people know what needs fixing. Don't just dismiss it because it's not perfect. You're basically comparing the original product in its final stage to a new product still in beta.

A lot of the negative comments I hear are mostly either of two varieties: "it sucks" or "it's too levi-unfriendly". Well, for the levi aspect, that was the point. The old map was TOO levi friendly. As for the "it sucks" comments, tell us why it sucks, and give a better reason than "because it's not the old map". You want to give suggestions, go ahead. But if your suggestion is to make no changes, then you're opting for a status quo that is in decline.

Comment

Working...
              X