complaint tw FORCED teleport setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• complaint tw FORCED teleport setting

There has been added a setting that forces the entire bloody freq into safe zone then BACK into the flag area.

Leave the main TW arena alone. It took years to get lev baned from the arena. This forced tp just screws with people's concentration. And as far as i can find was NEVER brough up for discussion.

The only reason for your complaint you say is that it breaks your concentration.
    lol... what?!

I say it's a very good modification, gets the entire team into basing more and adds to the competition at the start of each round.
    I have yet to hear any valid reason why it shouldn't be on.
    Maverick
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
    Subspace Statistics Administrator
    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

i <3 the new setting.

Comment

Makes it more like ?go base $
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

did moot sanction this? other than him, pretty much everyone can kiss my ass because no one on staff is qualified to comment on or change pub. it's a bad move. i don't mind the warp to safes, but perhaps you could just leave it at that. the ear warp does nothing but bring on a giant clusterfuck. all of a sudden you're crammed into a small space with jav bombs (both friendly and unfriendly) raining down upon you like a plague of locusts.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

not that i play anymore but i loved casual basing in pubs. dont force it

Comment

I don't even know how this happened but my whole team died on a shark mine.
              f

Comment

all i can say is...if u dont wanna base or be forced to base then go to a DIFFERENT PUB.

Comment

It's a little less chaotic then both teams warping all over the flag room. Maybe make it opt-in using the !warp command and see if it makes things better.

Comment

that screenshot shows a staff member, acidbomber, exploiting the very system staff imposed. that's awesome.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

nm
                      Last edited by Barton; 06-11-2007, 01:38 AM.
                      SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                      SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                      Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                      Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                      1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                      1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Yeah, Acidbomber did it before I could. But, yeah. The Ear warp is cool for teams of people who are there to base and are not a group of pub newbies with 20 javelins. Warp to the Safe: Keeper, Warp to the Ear: Trasher
                        DELETED

Comment

The warp to safe is to prevent mines being placed by a player to blow everyone up when people are warped into an ear.
                          Maverick
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                          Subspace Statistics Administrator
                          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

You just beat me to it, warping a freq to a safe would efficently clear every mine/bomb/bullet on the map.

I think this is working fine, but maybe it's time to consider the map size.

There will always be an issue with warp/no warp, but overall it makes things more balanced if one freq has alot of players that doesn't know that the best way to help your freq is going into the FR.
                            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              that screenshot shows a staff member, acidbomber, exploiting the very system staff imposed. that's awesome.
                              I honestly don't see the big deal that Acid did this. Its a glitch, and he's bringing attention to it---this actually will help the situation get resolved sooner, because now everyone sees the results.

And calling it an exploit? Why the heck so dramatic? You're acting like he was using CE or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X