An OFFICIAL TW NEWSLETTER?... CHECK IT OUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An OFFICIAL TW NEWSLETTER?... CHECK IT OUT

I spent some time this evening putting together a newsletter of sorts.

It can be sent out over email, but I decided to make it a single page website (with *hopefully* eventual plans for additional pages that access archived dates).

I REALLY am trying to put my best foot forward and bring some people back to Trenchwars, maybe attract some new people and provide a page we can all enjoy dropping by for a few minutes to see whats up with TW.

ANY suggestions are welcome. Bear in mind, I made the website from work and I realize the code might be a little shifty (used Composer) but regardless, I think the page looks good. If I get a positive reaction here I will put my dreamweaver and paintshop to work at home to pretty it up.

The link is:

http://www.tw-newsletter.org/

Again, you could view this as a practice run. I like the setup I have now, I don't want a bloated website, only a single page to read that covers the highlights of the TW community. But if you think of something better, let me know.. don't be shy!

ANY and ALL comments are welcome...
    truth about vets vs noobs [clickable]
    "...can we pretend I lag and you eat my burst?"
    Guy: What does that SS mean on your car?
    Me: Oh, it's the Subspace model. You know, bigger engine, level 3 bombs...

Some ideas I had that I will start probably in the next newsletter (time constraints):

-Start little factoids, like a profile for each ship, it's capabilities, common uses in basing, etc...

-Strategy tips/tricks

-Different arenas and how to play them

... stuff like that. I think my first will be a ship profile for the Spider.

I kind of want to put it in this one to fill out the newsletter some.. but I'm feeling lazy... we'll see!

Comment

Be careful or one day your big brother is gonna catch you on his forum name and kick your ass.

?find dads revenge

Comment

omg im popular in tah internat!!!

">greatest. flame. ever. Listen to Jeenyus' rant on evul fly!"

and ppl created two threads with my name in title!!

oh yea!
        2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
        2:renzi> lol no
        2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

Good stuff, nice to see such initiative!

I suggest also having the option of real newsletter by mail so you can get it delivered right to your inbox if you are making a new one. I like the current one so far

Maybe you can talk to Kolar, the Public Relations staffer, so you can get the inside scoops
          Maverick
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
          Subspace Statistics Administrator
          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Thanks Maverick. Excellent idea... especially since I didn't know we had one of those for TW!

Dads, I'm not following your comment? But at least your avatar rocks..

Comment

And now, adding domain into automatically-deleted-spam folder..
              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Read the news letter, liked some of it thought some of it was a bit weak, but a great idea. Heres what id like to see as a player.

-Bannings : whos banned and why.
                -Unbannings : whos just got unbanned?

Squad news : unusual recruitings/funny ones. Axings. Dissolving. Good squad runs. etc etc

Player writen articles by people who care. Id happily write a flame on why dice is shit and why pandora is now fucked due to .40

Make it relevant to the game.
                Makelele> whos camping
                Sumpson> mitch
                KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
                Lemar> mitch
                Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Originally posted by End View Post
                  Read the news letter, liked some of it thought some of it was a bit weak, but a great idea. Heres what id like to see as a player.

Squad news : unusual recruitings/funny ones. Axings. Dissolving. Good squad runs. etc etc

Player writen articles by people who care. Id happily write a flame on why dice is shit and why pandora is now fucked due to .40

I agree wholeheartedly.. I was merely trying to step up and put the basic newsletter together. I'd love to have people submit some articles they want on it...

I should put together a way for people to submit stuff on the page.. until then, feel free to leave me a message on here or email me at a21ozcoldcup@gmail.com ...

I'll gladly include it in the next (and more refined) newsletter.

Comment

who the fuk is end rofl and why he talkin like he worth a shit
                    1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

Yea man great job on the news letter. I to would like to see more of the bans, mod hiring firing, and maybe for the sake of it funny little quotes of the week. Ill even start it off with an old one....Screamo> I like my cum
                      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

i luv that king leo pic at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by End View Post

-Bannings : whos banned and why. >> that is straight madness..ban info is not relased to, or discussed with the general public. Nice try.:busted:
                          sigpic

Comment

I could offer some stuff in terms of staff but I think you're going to need a lot more people contributing. Rudy does not want ban information released to the public, we've discussed it before. I'm not sure but I think he's still not willing to release that kind of information. I've also discussed the publishing of Moderator names to the forum list, which PL and Kim did not feel was necessary as Moderators should be undercover. I try to update the forum list several times a month but it's getting harder to do it every time. A content manager would probably have done better then multiple forum threads.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 09-10-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

do interviews with ppl.
                              ie with kthx or izor about who's gonna win twld
                              TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                              X