Trench Wars Hop Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaa blaa blaa blaa...

There is no guaranteed bandwidth on the internet, it is all best effort. If you are experiencing problems because your connection to the server is routed through some network segment which is performing badly, you can basically only wait and hope. If the problem is within your internet service providers network, you can report a fault to them and hope that someone there cares enough to do something else than to drag the incident ticket to the trash bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor View Post
      Blaa blaa blaa blaa...

There is no guaranteed bandwidth on the internet, it is all best effort. If you are experiencing problems because your connection to the server is routed through some network segment which is performing badly, you can basically only wait and hope. If the problem is within your internet service providers network, you can report a fault to them and hope that someone there cares enough to do something else than to drag the incident ticket to the trash bin.
      ^^ thats all.

Comment

you keep saying we dont care cuz we still have good pings? are YOU stupid? we dont care cuz no one here can do ANYTHING for you, not the server owner, not the zone owners, not mods, NOBODY.so STFU BITCH FUCK YEA FUCK FUCK FUCK U

Comment

Originally posted by WingZero View Post
          I hate the fact that this problem is completely ignored by all those who are lucky enough to not be experiencing it. The fact of the matter is that its NOT just the complaining players' connections. Perhaps a portion of it, but if you stop being stupid and ignorant, you will realize that the majority of the Trench Wars population is experiencing the same lag problems... Oh, you say its only affecting people who live outside the US? WRONG. I live in the United States of America and guess what, I get shitty ping times quite frequently... "Get a new connection," you ignorantly state? I pay a premium price so that I have the best (cable [an aside: perhaps the issue is with cable subscribers... could also be irrelevant but i had to make mention...]) internet connection possible in my area. Don't you dare tell me to get a new connection because that is not the problem.

I apoligize for my tone in this post but it is very frustrating to be constantly put into spectator mode for lag that may or may not even actually exist (elaborated further later) AND THEN be told that you are a newbie with a lame connection that doesn't know what a ping vs a packet is and you are stupid for thinking there is a problem when the ignoramus is telling you there isn't [/runon]. It pisses me off.

If upper staff was smart, they would investigate the problem in every single way imagineable. The truth of the matter is that this extra lag is dampening our population. With all the hoopla about generating a larger player base, you'd think this might be a concern for those who want to expand the zone. But no, "you stupid newbie its your connection" is the only response given.

Just last night I ran into another wall of lag for a few hours (now its gone again today.. go figure). The strange thing about it was that I would be put into spec for either high latency or high packetloss and immediately afterwards , I would do a ?lag (and a *lag just for kicks) and find it to be somewhere around 280 ms 620 ms spike and then 0.1 0.0 and 0.0. Yes, I had a high ping, that did remain constant throughout the night, but its the packet loss that was acting abnormally. While playing javduel, the bot would tell me the packetloss percentage that caused me to go into spec. This percentage was different everytime, and drastically different I should add. First it was like 6.0 (limit is 5) then it would be 7 or something random, but close, and then BOOM 187.5% lag... I shit you not.

Like, WTF? I love Trench Wars and not being able to play it is like pulling a Jim Carrey Dumb n' Dumber super ninja death move on my heart (ripping it out putting it into a doggie bag). SOMEONE PLEASE BE SYMPATHETIC FFS! Here's an idea... new server? I mean, other zones give me pings of 20 ms SO LISTEN YOU STUPID PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO BECAUSE YOU ARE SELFISH AND STILL GETTING CONSISTENTLY GOOD PINGS, YOU ARE A MINORITY. I'd imagine the response to this suggestion will be somehow related to the fact the the one who pays for the server, is one of the hardest people to contact on the fact of the earth. But then maybe we should try and consider some alternatives so we can make Trench Wars the zone of zones again rather than the newbie lagfest that it is now.

I would have read over this post and editted it but I have not the time (class is in 4 minutes) but I hope I got my point across without offending anyone. If I did, then sorry, but understand my situation please, thank you.

[POST EDITED: I fixed it up a bit since I had time finally. Hopefully I will have made those who aren't aware of the lag situation more understanding as that was my goal despite my intense aproach. Also, for the record, in contrast to my pings of 200~600ms last night, here are my pings today PING Current:90 ms Average:90 ms Low:90 ms High:130 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.0% S2CWeapons: 0.0%]
          I SEE YOU PLAY AT SCHOOL OR ON A SCHOOL CONNECTION OR MAYBE EVEN WIRELESS, THAT COULD BE ITf

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
            I SEE YOU PLAY AT SCHOOL OR ON A SCHOOL CONNECTION OR MAYBE EVEN WIRELESS, THAT COULD BE ITf
            Please notice that the Caps Lock key, denoted by an A with a square around it, is located to the left and middle of the keyboard. If you press it again, it should allow you to use the shift key to vary the capital letters thus giving your words more emphasis in the right places.

Thank you for proving my point about the idiocy of ignorant asses such as yourself. I can see you read my post quite thouroughly seeing as I mentioned very explicitly how I pay too much money for the best possible connection available in my area. It is cable, which I don't think is as good as DSL, but the company that does DSL is located too far away and won't reach us until 2010. That being said, it is obvious that I am not on a school network because then it would be free. I do however connect through a wireless router (not wirelessly though, the wireless aspect is for my laptop).

My connection should not be in question. Seeing as my machine is perfectly capable of 20ms ping times in every other zone. And what makes you think nothing can be done about this? The problem may not necessarily be fixable, but at this point no one even knows what the problem actually is. So how can we even know if we can fix it or not? Clearly, the first step is contacting the one who pays for the server and investigating ways of acquiring a better conection for the majority of the playerbase. Maybe we should talk to other zone sysops and see how they are getting their servers hosted. Other zones don't seem to have a problem like this so the only logical deduction that can be made is that it is being caused by our server's current configuration (virtual or geographical).

Its all okay though. I realize that nothing is going to be done. No one in power is experiencing the problems like most of the players are apparently so they feel no urge to make an attempt to fix it. I couldn't sit by and at least not make an attempt to inform as many as possible in an effort to motivate those who have the power to do something. We can just let Trench Wars die, who cares about it anyway. Hopefully it won't cause all of SS to die with it, I'd hate to not have a good 2dimensional spaceship game to play. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Please notice that the Caps Lock key, denoted by an A with a square around it, is located to the left and middle of the keyboard. If you press it again, it should allow you to use the shift key to vary the capital letters thus giving your words more emphasis in the right places.

Thank you for proving my point about the idiocy of ignorant asses such as yourself. I can see you read my post quite thouroughly seeing as I mentioned very explicitly how I pay too much money for the best possible connection available in my area. It is cable, which I don't think is as good as DSL, but the company that does DSL is located too far away and won't reach us until 2010. That being said, it is obvious that I am not on a school network because then it would be free. I do however connect through a wireless router (not wirelessly though, the wireless aspect is for my laptop).

My connection should not be in question. Seeing as my machine is perfectly capable of 20ms ping times in every other zone. And what makes you think nothing can be done about this? The problem may not necessarily be fixable, but at this point no one even knows what the problem actually is. So how can we even know if we can fix it or not? Clearly, the first step is contacting the one who pays for the server and investigating ways of acquiring a better conection for the majority of the playerbase. Maybe we should talk to other zone sysops and see how they are getting their servers hosted. Other zones don't seem to have a problem like this so the only logical deduction that can be made is that it is being caused by our server's current configuration (virtual or geographical).

Its all okay though. I realize that nothing is going to be done. No one in power is experiencing the problems like most of the players are apparently so they feel no urge to make an attempt to fix it. I couldn't sit by and at least not make an attempt to inform as many as possible in an effort to motivate those who have the power to do something. We can just let Trench Wars die, who cares about it anyway. Hopefully it won't cause all of SS to die with it, I'd hate to not have a good 2dimensional spaceship game to play. [/sarcasm]
              being a sarcastic asshole will get you no where in life...

so again, to prove your idiocy nothing can be done here seeing how trenchwars does not own every server betweeen u and the game server, as u like to think thats what your faggot ass is crying about, THEREFORE, nothing can be done, either u deal with it until it fixes itself, like it ALWAYS does, OR you can continue to be like an ignorant peice of shit who claims to know things, which you obviously dont, u claim to make me look like an idiot, but who is the one complaining here about something no one here has ANY control over? the internet lags, seems like you would know this by know seeing how u registered to these forums in 2002, but i guess i was wrong, so like i said, either u find a new game, u learn to play with lag or u just go fuck yourself... point is, no one cares, son dont waste your time posting here if you dont want to listen to our answers, its quite simple.
              Last edited by Money; 10-20-2007, 08:08 PM.

Comment

[/sarcasm]

one question, Are you really that stupid?

hey look i got a core 2 duo with 8 mb of ram hey look at me i got dual sli 8800gtx but wtf? my ping is 800ms!

bitch i got 1/8 that of that computer and i get a ping of 30ms to tw on dsl and 70ms on cable....
                so dont come saying "my computer can handle bla bla bla"

cuz truth is.. is got a 386 with cable internet and is 3x fastter than your POS, but hey im the idiot.. point is, wether its a C2D or a celeron internet is internet and processor type has no affect on your internet speed, so with that said, you're a sad a fuck stop acting and believeing that u know something cuz everything uve done ive had to correct, so yea i correct your fuck ups, im the boss gg
                wether or not you think your computer is bad ass, mine is better. always will be always has been oh btw, good luck crying about your lag here, like i said b4, NOTHING CAN BE DONE.

but hey, i know nothing..

lol contacting the one who pays for the server? for one newb who has a shitty ISP? yea sounds good to..no one..either stop being a bitch or just quit playing, while were at it, why dont we contact him and tell him to move the server to australia JUST so our aussies can play with a ping under 200ms!

im sure that will do the zone good, anyways my point for al this is, the rest of us in the USA besides maybe...3 ppl have had lag problems...and this is either due to their PC is full of spyware and slowed down or they just plain forgot to put the piece on..or that and sometime s you lag for no reason, there is no explanation, only time can fix it, if you dont have time to wait for this game, then you should seriously get a life. seems like u pheen for this game i actually feel sad for you ive given your poor ass my bus pass twice
                u poor faggot
                if u ever ask me again im gonna beat your ass and make you ass miss the bus
                continue attempting to make US look like idiots and we will show the true dumb fucks to Maria
                and lets see who has a job afterwards.
                Last edited by Money; 10-20-2007, 08:23 PM.

Comment

DRUNK POST'S FTW f
                  Last edited by Money; 10-20-2007, 08:26 PM. Reason: posts*

Comment

EG are suffering as bad as we are

http://www.extreme-games.net/forum/v...p?f=39&t=17864
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

The source of the problem originates from one of Hopone's seven routers. I can only speculate as to what the problem with the router is is, but it is clear that this particular router used by their Seattle data centre is responsible for the increased latency and packetloss.
                      Traces gathered from a sample of the populace last night revealed the affected areas are mainly NorthEast Europe; particularly Netherlands, UK, Sweden and probably Norway. Though I have seen outlying samples of the problem exist in Ontario Canada, and Arizona U.S. There are quite likely another half a dozen locations unaccounted for, but that's the situation in a nutshell.

There is nothing that Continuum staff at any level can do about this problem. The popular theory is that if you set up a proxy, you can bypass the affected router, however if you do not know how to do so, don't bother. As working through proxies suffer from it's own natural latency problem, and they are a bitch to set up (so I'm told).
                      Your course of action is to bring rations dig in for the long haul. Could be another week, could be only a matter of days. I'm only speculating. It all depends on the competancy of Hopone's contracted technicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        one question, Are you really that stupid?

hey look i got a core 2 duo with 8 mb of ram hey look at me i got dual sli 8800gtx but wtf? my ping is 800ms!

bitch i got 1/8 that of that computer and i get a ping of 30ms to tw on dsl and 70ms on cable....
                        so dont come saying "my computer can handle bla bla bla"

cuz truth is.. is got a 386 with cable internet and is 3x fastter than your POS, but hey im the idiot.. point is, wether its a C2D or a celeron internet is internet and processor type has no affect on your internet speed, so with that said, you're a sad a fuck stop acting and believeing that u know something cuz everything uve done ive had to correct, so yea i correct your fuck ups, im the boss gg
                        wether or not you think your computer is bad ass, mine is better. always will be always has been oh btw, good luck crying about your lag here, like i said b4, NOTHING CAN BE DONE.

but hey, i know nothing..

lol contacting the one who pays for the server? for one newb who has a shitty ISP? yea sounds good to..no one..either stop being a bitch or just quit playing, while were at it, why dont we contact him and tell him to move the server to australia JUST so our aussies can play with a ping under 200ms!

im sure that will do the zone good, anyways my point for al this is, the rest of us in the USA besides maybe...3 ppl have had lag problems...and this is either due to their PC is full of spyware and slowed down or they just plain forgot to put the piece on..or that and sometime s you lag for no reason, there is no explanation, only time can fix it, if you dont have time to wait for this game, then you should seriously get a life. seems like u pheen for this game i actually feel sad for you ive given your poor ass my bus pass twice
                        u poor faggot
                        if u ever ask me again im gonna beat your ass and make you ass miss the bus
                        continue attempting to make US look like idiots and we will show the true dumb fucks to Maria
                        and lets see who has a job afterwards.

People like money are more of a threat to the health, wellbeing, and continuation of this zone than lag issues ever could be.
                        3:Maurauth> lets all be rastafarian
                        3:Screamo> As long as you supply the weed for our "religious ceremonies"
                        3:Emery> im a rastafarian muslim atheist
                        3:Maurauth> so you get high whilst blowing shit up
                        3:Maurauth> but not because gods tell you to?

Comment

hey Mr. WhitePower, grab a cock burger lately?

Comment

Sigh, just for the record, I never said anything that even came close to saying people of a different race than me were inferior in anyway.
                            3:Maurauth> lets all be rastafarian
                            3:Screamo> As long as you supply the weed for our "religious ceremonies"
                            3:Emery> im a rastafarian muslim atheist
                            3:Maurauth> so you get high whilst blowing shit up
                            3:Maurauth> but not because gods tell you to?

Comment

ok, so i take it you have had a few cockburgers then

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
                                The source of the problem originates from one of Hopone's seven routers. I can only speculate as to what the problem with the router is is, but it is clear that this particular router used by their Seattle data centre is responsible for the increased latency and packetloss.
                                Traces gathered from a sample of the populace last night revealed the affected areas are mainly NorthEast Europe; particularly Netherlands, UK, Sweden and probably Norway. Though I have seen outlying samples of the problem exist in Ontario Canada, and Arizona U.S. There are quite likely another half a dozen locations unaccounted for, but that's the situation in a nutshell.
                                It would be nice to post these traces too, that you are talking about...

Comment

Working...
                                X