No announcement yet.

Distension Beta Suggestions/Bugfix thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do believe so -- that is, if ETC is the proper committee/subcommittee/council/whathaveyou, though I think you mentioned this in the past, SG. Let's work something out, fairly soon if possible for both our schedules. I should have some time tomorrow (Wed) if you're around then.

Comment

• Is it time for another bi-monthly update?

I've been hearing a lot of rumors on the distensionbeta chat...
      .fffffffff_____
      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
      .fffffff\______/
      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
      .fffff\________/
      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
      .fff\__________/

Comment

• Hmm

Seeing as i've missed the entirety of this development and thread would someone care to summarise and explain this for me?

As much detail as possible?

Or link me somewhere with an about on this? :wub:
        STARKITTY
        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• Originally posted by StarKitty View Post
          Hmm

Seeing as i've missed the entirety of this development and thread would someone care to summarise and explain this for me?

As much detail as possible?

Or link me somewhere with an about on this? :wub:
          okay...

distension is in its essence a basing match with two bases. where you have to hold both for a set time (not sure whats it is at now it kept changing maybe one minute?). this is where its starts changing. you start playing with access to only TWO BASIC (I mean really basic they move like snails) ships (the terr and warbird I belive) you then go about trying to gain RP (rank points). to gain rank points you kill other people the amount depends on their level compared to yours, or you win the basing match which gives an RP bonus (quite big of a bonus too) now since the terr can't kill very well it gets double RP bonus for a round win and gets something called profit sharing which is where he gets a set % of RP that the whole team made in that time (profit sharing is an ability that that the terr can upgrade which I'm getting to).

okay once you have gained enough RP you rank up. this unlocks some UPs (upgrade points) that you can use to upgrade your ship. there is I belive a total of 16 upgrade slots per ship. 1-3 are the same for every ship. 1-3 being thrusters, top speed, and rotation. 6-16 are ship special abilities (like terrs profit sharing which is basic, or warbirds thor which is a high level ability, or sharks which can get more repels) no I didn't forget 4-5 thats later.

this is the basics I think though there is maybe one more thing you should know. there is also a mode of play between basing matchs where it is a soccer (football) game with the nets and where scoring gives RPs

In the advance area there was recently designed "ship types" which is where you chose what you are trying to get your ship to play like. Eg. "warship" which has high energy slow recharge and low UPs (so you have good energy and can tank shots better but can't buy as many special abilities) "science vessel" (which is the only ship that gets to set its own energy and recharge settings which is in upgrade slot 4-5 so its gets a high # of UPs but has to spend some on energy and recharge) there is a different combos along these lines. changing energy, recharge and UPs gains.

this is I belive it if I have missed something its cause I haven't been able to get in a test recently

if you wish to see the map and read the F1 which explains it from the developers view its up at ?go distension

hope this helps

2kill

Comment

• in short:

TW + RPG = DISTENSION
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

• Just in case Continuum mangled my PM:

I see a couple of problems with my victory award message.
              It says %% at the end of the participation percentage.
              Right at the end of the message there is a %245 or something similar that doesn't make much sense.

Also some of the other messages are confusing:

Even when full there is a message saying that only the top base will be used that is usually immediately followed by another message saying both bases will be used. Shouldn't the top base message only appear if there are too few to play both bases?

Sometimes when you are waiting to get in to the game after being disconnected or being kicked out to make room for another player it will message you that there is an open slot and then immediately message you again to kick you out to make room for another player.

I would also like to see some sort of 'waiting' graphic similar to the rearm one so impatient people like me will be less likely to spam the bot to check it hasn't forgotten them.

We also seem to be reshuffling armies every game. Have we given up on the idea of semi-permanent teams or do we need controls in place to prevent hosters from doing casual shuffles?

Comment

Working...
              X