twlb should be like pub basing games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twlb should be like pub basing games

I wonder why the pub basing games are so different from the twlb games..

if holding flag for 3 minutes is the best basing it should be played in twlb too

if not, pub should be a race to 10/15mins too..

forget the picking, forget the restrictions, just think about the racing for minutes at pub

i brought this up many times before, and now again since my lag is high and can only play pub and notice how boring it is to me

it seems the only one who got some say in this is mootland farmer, is this true?
    Only the loyal count.

why is it boring? changing the time wouldn't change much

Comment

because pub's always been different than twlb games. sounds to me like you're just trying to start shit with mooters.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Dumb idea. I don't see any reasons why you would want this.

Comment

Newsflash, if you are going to play in pub you don't want to wait 20 minutes for the current game to finish before you can enter the game. Therefore the basing in pub is a watered down accessible version of the TWLB basing action.
          This is done so people can come and go as they please and you still have a (somewhat) balanced game going on.
          If you want to base without a squad, .?go base. If you can't due to lag reasons you will have to be patient until it is fixed I'm afraid.
          "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

This is why, people like you Sumpson, shouldn't dictate how Publics are run. Public and ?go base/League basing is different. The latter two are far more controlled in terms of restrictions and gameplay. The freedom of Publics largely determines the length of time to become victorious in winning a round in Pure Publics. If we had 15 minute games in Publics, the round would last forever as player's interest and team numbers become varied continuously. The opposite is shown in ?go base/Leagues where the teams are the same and player's interest is held for < 30 minutes.

Despite what you say, I am very open to suggestions. I am a very reasonable person when it comes to big decisions in Publics. I try to look at every angle when making a decision, but it's clear to me you haven't in your latest idea.
            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager
            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Moot put it his way, but I'll put it in forum speak for everyone.

</forum>Dumb idea.</forum>

A public is meant for quick games with random pubbers TKing eachother. That's why the 3 minute match works. It won't fit the mold of 8v8 teams.
              DELETED

Comment

actually this is not my latest idea, I brought it up before, with allot of arguments, and was agreed on by all upper staff except for moot and so it hasn't gotten into pub..

I can turn all these arguments brought up against the idea down very easily. It just doesn't seem worth it with you moot you didnt seem reasonable at all last time.

If you want bring me up all the points why its clear I haven't looked from each angle at this idea.

as you should know I explained the idea here very easily, I've thougt about it well before and will probably have already told the solutions to the problems which you will bring up but I'm willing to explain again.
                Only the loyal count.

Comment

IMHO whenever i play pubs i dont give a shit about the game ijust see whos in the bas e and kill whoevers there then if i win i win gg LOL

Comment

Can you change the mvp system so that if you enter a few minutes after the game starts its still possible to get mvp/team leader if you kill enough stuff/grab flag a buncha times?
                    Dice
                    TWLB Champions Season 8
                    TWLJ Champions Season 8
                    TWLB Champions Season 10
                    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

who cares about pub rly...

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson View Post
                        actually this is not my latest idea, I brought it up before, with allot of arguments, and was agreed on by all upper staff except for moot and so it hasn't gotten into pub..

I can turn all these arguments brought up against the idea down very easily. It just doesn't seem worth it with you moot you didnt seem reasonable at all last time.

If you want bring me up all the points why its clear I haven't looked from each angle at this idea.

as you should know I explained the idea here very easily, I've thougt about it well before and will probably have already told the solutions to the problems which you will bring up but I'm willing to explain again.
                        You clearly know how to explain things.

Comment

pub was more fun with leviathans and infinate cloak weasels.
                          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                            pub was more fun with leviathans and infinate cloak weasels.
                            I actually understand this.

If there are certain subtle imbalances in the gameplay, people will go "Grrr I am SO gonna KILL THAT PLAYER!" and they'll play the game for longer just to hunt people, until someone else does something...That's how I remember my first time in TW, I used to get killed a lot by spiders so I hunted them...

Of course, setting the wrong type of imbalances just gets people plain and simply annoyed, so much that they just uninstall Continuum..

Infinite cloak weasels and powerful levs made way for stuff like that, I think there's a BIT too much control put over pubs, let it be free, if you took the time to think like a new player, maybe you'd understand what they want and why, and you'll have a more successful zone.

That's my take anyway.
                            (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                            5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                            1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                            1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Pub is fine now.

Comment

Working...
                              X