You prefer Trivia or the Acronym game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemeziz
    The questions is pretty gay since its all about UK...
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Da1andonly
      Blast is correct! I am from Finland and I already admitted to suck in trivia. :]
      Question: is Da1 male or female, from the pic in the gallery all I know is this, They think they look cool standing in circle jerk fashion smoking.... cigarettes..

On another note, Staff members shouldn't be allowed to play trivia since STAFF has connections with whom the questions are made.
      You laugh at me because I am different, and I am laughing at you because you're all the SAME.

Comment

what the fuck are you talking about? the questions were written by dsylexic children with autism.
        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
          Nothing wrong with that.
          UK FOr life.
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

dim dim dimmy.It isnt fair to the rest of the world ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Oen
              On another note, Staff members shouldn't be allowed to play trivia since STAFF has connections with whom the questions are made.
              So what if you have a 'connection'? When a particular question comes up, how do you know who submitted it? And if you do know, are you gonna type out the question to them in a pm and wait for an answer? They're not going to have a question-answer list at the ready either as there are too many. So if you did have a 'connection', how would you use this to cheat?

Comment

Re: Re: You prefer Trivia or the Acronym game?

Originally posted by Oen

Acronym was fun the first few games, then you realise people just use it to make rude and crude sentences and use a _ or - to put words in that don't match up to a letters given.

EX:P S R G , then a sentence would look like this "Power_Mad Staff_Fucking Ruin_the Game"
                Agreed. Actually there is nothing wrong with those sentences.. as long as they don't win in the voting section. How about deeming any acronyms with the underscore '_' as illegal?

I know of an online game that may still exist called 'acrophobia' that the acrobot game is based on. It has extra rules such as:
                1. If you vote for the acronym that ends up winning the round, you get a few bonus points
                2. If you create an acronym in the fastest time that gets a single vote, you get a few bonus points

Rule 1 prevents the problem where nobody votes at all as people will vote for GOOD (winning) acronyms to try and snatch some points. Rule 1 should also prevent the problem of acronyms_like_this winning since most voters would go for ones that are good (winners). As long as not everybody is immature it should work out, but thats a big assumption.
                Rule 2 is just for fun (dispensable) but it's not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                  So what if you have a 'connection'? When a particular question comes up, how do you know who submitted it? And if you do know, are you gonna type out the question to them in a pm and wait for an answer? They're not going to have a question-answer list at the ready either as there are too many. So if you did have a 'connection', how would you use this to cheat?

You think people can't make a cheat sheet for it?
                  Last edited by Oen; 03-19-2003, 01:26 PM.
                  You laugh at me because I am different, and I am laughing at you because you're all the SAME.

Comment

Trivia is a good idea as game, but like Da1 said there are only questions about US.
                    - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Originally posted by Oen
                      You think people can't make a cheat sheet for it?
                      Too many questions, like I said - there are too many IMO. I don't think anyone is sad enough to print 50+ pages of question/answer pairs in size 8 font. Maybe someone will bother to memorize half of them but I doubt it.

Also, scouring through several 100s of questions everytime you look for an answer isn't my idea of fun. By that time, someone probably has answered it in 2.049 seconds.

Comment

Trivia...

Trivia is the best.

I rarely see people using macro answers. I see about 1 in every 500 (and this tends to be Qyll).
                        There may be quite a few USA questions but there are also questions which Americans have no chance of anwering such as football (soccer to you damned Yanks) ones and world capital (come on, Americans are too dumb to get these ones (no offence)) ones. The Americans need a "handicap" with questions which only they should know so they don't look too dumb compared with the rest of the world.

Acronymia was fun and original at the start, but got boring and repetitive. Also, people "discovered" you could vote more than once for a certain acronym, meaning if they saw their name, they would spam the bot with that one, so that when the winner had their name they would "look cool" (Pff yea right...)

So, our conclusion of the day
                        Trivia rules, acronymia is a "has-been"

~Ewan

PS Yes, I am English
                        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                        ---A few minutes later---
                        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                        9:Kim> UM
                        9:Kim> i didn't
                        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

i own world capitals and religions/mythology
                          jigga wha
                          plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

thank you for your stereotypes of americans.
                            maybe you should go to the dentist and get your yellow teeth fixed?
                            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by Oen
                              Question: is Da1 male or female, from the pic in the gallery all I know is this, They think they look cool standing in circle jerk fashion smoking.... cigarettes..
                              Uh, If I am at a party, and I go out with a bunch of friends for a smoke, I usually talk to my friends. The best way is to stand in a circle.

I mean, what do you do when you go for a smoke? (If you smoke)
                              Run 3 miles away so that no one can see you?
                              And for the record, smoking sucks.

You look like a goddamn ugly hippie born in 1968 that has no friends, but, that's just my opinion.
                              Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                              You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                              There wont be another election for president.
                              Obama is the Omega President.
                              http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

scrabble > trivia (or any other shitty word game for that matter, except maybe bookworm)

kthxbyecyalateralligator
                                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X