!=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSCU Trench Wars

Let's be serious for a minute, shall we? I am typing with capitals so I must be serious. Several members of the Trench Wars population are distraught and have spent a great deal of time remonstrating about not only our zone, but the game in general. So I ask, what happened? Some of you may be quick to reply, "Well, I will tell you Jeem what happened here is what happens with everything. We get bored. You said before how this game is like a wife that used to stir your cauldron but now the witch just isn't so great at twinkling her pursed lips. And that was true, people grow older and realize maybe 2d spaceship games aren't as fun as when they were younger or that life's responsibilites prevent them from playing. Even you left, silly." And I would congratulate you for putting it exactly the way I would have. But now, if this were the case, wouldn't the population remain static, as this constant player departure would have been true 9 years ago (a year into the game). You may then posit, "Why Jeem, of course that is true, but what you're not understanding is SubSpace doesn't sleep like Randy Moss in a hyperbolic bed. The world exists outside, and many advances have been made in the way of video games. Graphics are life-like and it's hard to imagine someone so immersed in those worlds could return to 2d, you know?" Yes, I understand. But how do you explain the fact that the release of this game coincided with the advent of 3d gaming, e.g. Sony PlayStation et al? Or that the greatest peak in population occurred only maybe 4-5 years ago, right around when the next generation of consoles (PS2, Xbox, etc.) came to fruition? The problem, therefore, does not rest with the graphics. A sudden increase in real-life responsibilites must not be the case, either, since this has always been a threat.

So to what do we account, hold responsible, even, for the Lack that permeates TW Culture (lolz)? Some have said the players' skill levels are different than those of players past. There is no way to prove this in any way possible so I will just go ahead and dismiss this arguement as extraneous (not to mention the fact that video games are much more popular ipso facto their motor skills, on average, are also better). Some say the public map is to blame and have offered innumerable "fixes" to tweak it to something they like better. While I have not been around for all of them, I know many more players (old and new) flocked to pure pubs after their implementation, which some would say attested to and proved their earlier recommendations. Some say newer games took away players from older ones and that if we are to return to the Golden Age (ahem, not Epi's) then we must eliminate these new fads. I can imagine this being said at the time elim, baseelim, and base were all implemented and that is cause for me to believe this is another foolish arguement. Players having fun playing games they enjoy is hurting the zone? These objections I see no rationality in but some people have raised objections I do feel pertinent:

The settings, the staff, and the bots. This is the milk, meat and potatoes, folks (in that order, haha). Lots have had lots to speak about this great trio and, for the most part, they have danced around these issues. The real problem, bros and hos, is the fun is missing. Oú est la jouissance? All of these issues, this whining and complaining that defines these forums (SSCU Trench Wars forum in particular), are really one general Complaint about the lack of fun. Maybe I am off kilter here, yes I admit I am a bit unhinged, and everyone really does enjoy themselves. But really, all of these "tweaks" have been attempts to cure the symptoms rather than the disease. And those of you who don't think there is a disease, if you even managed to get this far, you are in denial. All of these small fixes have been the s&m whips and roleplay of a loveless marriage.

John goes to McDonalds everyday and he get one of three things each time: a Big Mac, a chicken sandwich, or chicken nuggets. Sometimes he get fries, sometimes he gets a drink. He thinks it is the best. After a while, though, he grow tired of this food and start to wonder why he even liked it in the first place. Then he never goes back. Never. That is until, three years later, they begin to offer a wide variety of food, so much that he actually has to look at the menu each visit to determine what will tickle his fancy because there are so many thing that look appetizing. Now he goes much more often and, with the onset of nutritional proseltyzing, he enjoys himself a fine meal each and every time (barring human error).

Okay okay, so what's really the point? The point is there is no point. It's dull. Disoblige can use all the special ships we/they want, but it's still the same old. What really happened was Trench Wars tried to be something that it was not (SVS) and forgot what it was in the first place. This is a place where I can score a goal in strikeball, kill a terr in an 8v8 basing match, multi-freq with my (future !=) squaddies to get the flag, jav on the roof (everything is best on the roof) in a public arena, get killed by Blood in elim, participate in all the thousands of events that make Trench Wars what it is. Trench Wars is not Trench Wars Leagues. Pjotter winning TWLM (even all three leagues) is completely meaningless. Stop acting like it's a big deal to press some buttons. It's really not a big deal, at all. The point is there is no point. It's dull. If you quit being so serious about it, it will cease to be serious. What will it be, then? Fun.

We at !=, I repeat, are here to remember why this game was fun in the first place. We wish to see the implementation of strikeball as soon as possible (we are not sure this is possible in current, hairy hands of Left_Eye but would like to see the administration, man hands or not, show some fucking balls and get this shit together, honestly). We would like to see more squads in public zones attempting to take the flag on private frequencies instead of complaining about no new players coming to the game. We hope that underground (as in, private arena) skill-teaching will be the goal of every experienced player who pretends to care about this game. We loathe the current roster cap (or lack thereof in TWD) and wish that players would branch out instead of inculcating themselves into their chats and old friends. We understand you enjoy playing with your friends but can you really call it playing with them when either they or you are sitting on the bench? We are all for distension, despite it being an awful, awful game, because it is at least a step in the right direction. We (and Reaver) think that if the game actually embraced its diversity of gameplay and sought to enrich it by offering *GASP* DIFFERENT WAYS TO PLAY THE GAME, older players may come back to see what all the fuss is about. We support changing the levi to something more competitive because, wouldn't you know, it's possible the developers didn't get it right the first time (think of all the subtle and drastic changes that games similar to this, e.g. Super Smash Brothers, must go through before every character can be competitive), and no we are not LT haters, we just want something new. We try to tell those with power that changing the TWLJ or TWLB maps would bring more players back (THINK: NO MORE CRAMMING), or that more attention to a spider league could foster interesting results. We don't dislike TWL or competition, we just want something new (and distension showed that any changes whatsoever completely changes gameplay AND THIS IS A GOOD THING). The point is there is no point. It's dull. Finally, we at != are looking for players who feel similarly and wish that the last time they really had a great time in SubSpace didn't involve the words "Pallies" or "Annux."

Just think about it.

Comment

I love you Jeem.
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Levi...if anything bring back the old settings one the lev..where you could have a port, up to 3 rockets, 4 reps, and the white stronger ctrl gun bullets.
        sigpic

Comment

I quit.

Comment

solid.
            Originally posted by turmio
            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
            Originally posted by grand
            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Third :turned:.

Comment

Well shit, I agree.
                SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

First practice is tonight. BE THERE.

Comment

Originally posted by castromarx View Post
                    First practice is tonight. BE THERE.
                    you were so not there

Comment

I went to go see enchanted.

Comment

Originally posted by jeem View Post
                        Let's be serious for a minute, shall we? I am typing with capitals so I must be serious. Several members of the Trench Wars population are distraught and have spent a great deal of time remonstrating about not only our zone, but the game in general. So I ask, what happened? Some of you may be quick to reply, "Well, I will tell you Jeem what happened here is what happens with everything. We get bored. You said before how this game is like a wife that used to stir your cauldron but now the witch just isn't so great at twinkling her pursed lips. And that was true, people grow older and realize maybe 2d spaceship games aren't as fun as when they were younger or that life's responsibilites prevent them from playing. Even you left, silly." And I would congratulate you for putting it exactly the way I would have. But now, if this were the case, wouldn't the population remain static, as this constant player departure would have been true 9 years ago (a year into the game). You may then posit, "Why Jeem, of course that is true, but what you're not understanding is SubSpace doesn't sleep like Randy Moss in a hyperbolic bed. The world exists outside, and many advances have been made in the way of video games. Graphics are life-like and it's hard to imagine someone so immersed in those worlds could return to 2d, you know?" Yes, I understand. But how do you explain the fact that the release of this game coincided with the advent of 3d gaming, e.g. Sony PlayStation et al? Or that the greatest peak in population occurred only maybe 4-5 years ago, right around when the next generation of consoles (PS2, Xbox, etc.) came to fruition? The problem, therefore, does not rest with the graphics. A sudden increase in real-life responsibilites must not be the case, either, since this has always been a threat.

So to what do we account, hold responsible, even, for the Lack that permeates TW Culture (lolz)? Some have said the players' skill levels are different than those of players past. There is no way to prove this in any way possible so I will just go ahead and dismiss this arguement as extraneous (not to mention the fact that video games are much more popular ipso facto their motor skills, on average, are also better). Some say the public map is to blame and have offered innumerable "fixes" to tweak it to something they like better. While I have not been around for all of them, I know many more players (old and new) flocked to pure pubs after their implementation, which some would say attested to and proved their earlier recommendations. Some say newer games took away players from older ones and that if we are to return to the Golden Age (ahem, not Epi's) then we must eliminate these new fads. I can imagine this being said at the time elim, baseelim, and base were all implemented and that is cause for me to believe this is another foolish arguement. Players having fun playing games they enjoy is hurting the zone? These objections I see no rationality in but some people have raised objections I do feel pertinent:

The settings, the staff, and the bots. This is the milk, meat and potatoes, folks (in that order, haha). Lots have had lots to speak about this great trio and, for the most part, they have danced around these issues. The real problem, bros and hos, is the fun is missing. Oú est la jouissance? All of these issues, this whining and complaining that defines these forums (SSCU Trench Wars forum in particular), are really one general Complaint about the lack of fun. Maybe I am off kilter here, yes I admit I am a bit unhinged, and everyone really does enjoy themselves. But really, all of these "tweaks" have been attempts to cure the symptoms rather than the disease. And those of you who don't think there is a disease, if you even managed to get this far, you are in denial. All of these small fixes have been the s&m whips and roleplay of a loveless marriage.

John goes to McDonalds everyday and he get one of three things each time: a Big Mac, a chicken sandwich, or chicken nuggets. Sometimes he get fries, sometimes he gets a drink. He thinks it is the best. After a while, though, he grow tired of this food and start to wonder why he even liked it in the first place. Then he never goes back. Never. That is until, three years later, they begin to offer a wide variety of food, so much that he actually has to look at the menu each visit to determine what will tickle his fancy because there are so many thing that look appetizing. Now he goes much more often and, with the onset of nutritional proseltyzing, he enjoys himself a fine meal each and every time (barring human error).

Okay okay, so what's really the point? The point is there is no point. It's dull. Disoblige can use all the special ships we/they want, but it's still the same old. What really happened was Trench Wars tried to be something that it was not (SVS) and forgot what it was in the first place. This is a place where I can score a goal in strikeball, kill a terr in an 8v8 basing match, multi-freq with my (future !=) squaddies to get the flag, jav on the roof (everything is best on the roof) in a public arena, get killed by Blood in elim, participate in all the thousands of events that make Trench Wars what it is. Trench Wars is not Trench Wars Leagues. Pjotter winning TWLM (even all three leagues) is completely meaningless. Stop acting like it's a big deal to press some buttons. It's really not a big deal, at all. The point is there is no point. It's dull. If you quit being so serious about it, it will cease to be serious. What will it be, then? Fun.

We at !=, I repeat, are here to remember why this game was fun in the first place. We wish to see the implementation of strikeball as soon as possible (we are not sure this is possible in current, hairy hands of Left_Eye but would like to see the administration, man hands or not, show some fucking balls and get this shit together, honestly). We would like to see more squads in public zones attempting to take the flag on private frequencies instead of complaining about no new players coming to the game. We hope that underground (as in, private arena) skill-teaching will be the goal of every experienced player who pretends to care about this game. We loathe the current roster cap (or lack thereof in TWD) and wish that players would branch out instead of inculcating themselves into their chats and old friends. We understand you enjoy playing with your friends but can you really call it playing with them when either they or you are sitting on the bench? We are all for distension, despite it being an awful, awful game, because it is at least a step in the right direction. We (and Reaver) think that if the game actually embraced its diversity of gameplay and sought to enrich it by offering *GASP* DIFFERENT WAYS TO PLAY THE GAME, older players may come back to see what all the fuss is about. We support changing the levi to something more competitive because, wouldn't you know, it's possible the developers didn't get it right the first time (think of all the subtle and drastic changes that games similar to this, e.g. Super Smash Brothers, must go through before every character can be competitive), and no we are not LT haters, we just want something new. We try to tell those with power that changing the TWLJ or TWLB maps would bring more players back (THINK: NO MORE CRAMMING), or that more attention to a spider league could foster interesting results. We don't dislike TWL or competition, we just want something new (and distension showed that any changes whatsoever completely changes gameplay AND THIS IS A GOOD THING). The point is there is no point. It's dull. Finally, we at != are looking for players who feel similarly and wish that the last time they really had a great time in SubSpace didn't involve the words "Pallies" or "Annux."

Just think about it.

Amen Brutha.
                        1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                        1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

my squad history:

C H E E Z (jan 15 2000-today)

gg.
                          me > u
                          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

holy fuk man i gave up after reading half of jeem's post... lol
                            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Working...
                            X