So, CUT dissolved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, CUT dissolved...

Now, did we all see this coming? Probably, and most of us knew that this would happen, sooner or later. Although they seemed strong, and were doing quite well, its all about the classic break-down of squads. One member leaves, then another, then some more, then what do you know, DISSOLVED.

NOW, I may be imagining this, but I have yet to see a "new" squad last through TWD. There could be and I may be missing it (if you know any please list).

REASON for all these new squads dissolving and why they don't last? I would most likely say, the leadership. The most important thing in a squad, is a STRONG LEADER. Take example Cut. I'm not pointing fingers, but look. A few members left and it died. There were still members joined and if the leader kept it together, he wouldn't care how many members left because in squads, members come and go. You go through one bad phase and you dissolve the squad. (NOTE TO CUT: if this is completely wrong, sorry BUT anyway, this is the common patter of squad-break downs)

I really hope to see some new squads last. It becomes a bit routine for a squad to be created, get the latest new skilled players and dissolve within weeks. Then those members go join another new squad and the pattern repeats itself.

Just observing what I see...
    MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TOO SEXY TO PLAY, PLEASE UNF THE NEAREST EVENT REF FOR SELF GRATIFICATION :D -Mr. 420 <ER>

MODERATOR WARNING: You have been violating female players with sexual slurs! This is against TW rules, Refrain or you will be silenced -Tigerex

MODERATOR WARNING: Do Not Spam -Dimboy <ER>

RB started in the middle of TWD, and is still going, though I haven't been on SS this past week, my members haven't left or let up hope.

TWDD squads are much different though, they are much easier to create, and even easier to dissolve. I think if Supremecy can bring back some of its old members and the leaders stay strong they'll last, even with the harsh losses they seem to have.

Rampage has a strong lineup, but I'm not sure about the internal structure of it. As you said, skill has nothing to do with it.

For some reason, I couldn't see Cut in TWL no matter how good they were, they just didn't seem to fit? Whatever it was, it wasn't meant to be. Good run guys, I hope one squad out there can change the stereotypes of TWDD squads.

Comment

This is why we let long-time squads stay in TWL and don't just let any new squad enter.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

pure luck cant stay together. sorry tiny <3
        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
          This is why we let long-time squads stay in TWL and don't just let any new squad enter.

-Epi
          what about long-time squads that wanna make twlb?
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

A strong leader might be good, but without devoted members, your squad isn't going anywhere.
            "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

agreed. And besides that... bringing back old squads everytime just before twl starts is a bit... not fair ? Its just a bit strange to me, without saying if they deserve to get in or not.
              .: ExquisiteHosting.com
              .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
              zzz

Comment

Titty was a great new squad with no signs of ever breaking up.... until Elusive and Rampage decided to ruin that. nice job.
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Re: So, CUT dissolved...

Originally posted by Demolish
                  I really hope to see some new squads last. It becomes a bit routine for a squad to be created, get the latest new skilled players and dissolve within weeks. Then those members go join another new squad and the pattern repeats itself.
                  Mambo, Camisade ( tho they arent really new ) Dekai, Spastic
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

shriek (kinda) :x
                    Dice
                    TWLB Champions Season 8
                    TWLJ Champions Season 8
                    TWLB Champions Season 10
                    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

basically if you want a stable squad join a basing squad, otherwise you will be squadhopping from duel squad to duel squad, few ever last more than 3 months.
                      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

yes it died..

but in defence 4 these squads I gotta say that all the players get alot needed experience from it....

I've become alot better since I started on these from-new-to-new squad pattern. New squads duel alot, much more than older squads. Look at how often Onix duel, not much these days. And I'd rather be on a new, active squad than a big, inactive one. I ended up in Sk8 which is alot better than I could think of b4 I started the new-to-new hopping. I support ppl who do this, as they only seek to improve their skills. Also this gives the capts more exp so they might keep the squad alive next time.

This is my opinion and I don't think ppl in established squads has any rights to make fun of new squads.

GG Cut

Oooooh. I forgot, the constant change of squads gives you the chance to learn from many different players. Since TWD started I've shared squad with 50+ players. And they have all shared their knowledge with me.
                        Last edited by b0nez; 03-22-2003, 03:03 PM.
                        Discussing on internet is like paralympics.
                        Even if you win you're still retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine

-Epi
                          You need to make an exception for Basing squads here. 4 new devoted basing squads have been created and are still going at this moment because of the evolution of basing.

EDIT: Didn't read the whole topic and note that Randedl already pointed this out.

Comment

Basically, if a squad relies too much on its captain it doesnt last. You have to have a core of 3 or 4 players that are always online and are friendly so squad chat doesnt turn into a slagging match. Not that I'm trying to solve an age old problem in one forum post.
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by b0nez
                              yes it died..

but in defence 4 these squads I gotta say that all the players get alot needed experience from it....

I've become alot better since I started on these from-new-to-new squad pattern. New squads duel alot, much more than older squads. Look at how often Onix duel, not much these days. And I'd rather be on a new, active squad than a big, inactive one. I ended up in Sk8 which is alot better than I could think of b4 I started the new-to-new hopping. I support ppl who do this, as they only seek to improve their skills. Also this gives the capts more exp so they might keep the squad alive next time.

This is my opinion and I don't think ppl in established squads has any rights to make fun of new squads.

GG Cut

Oooooh. I forgot, the constant change of squads gives you the chance to learn from many different players. Since TWD started I've shared squad with 50+ players. And they have all shared their knowledge with me.

i completely agree. while there are always the few ppl who just hop on because it's a trend, these squads do give alot of experience and learning possibilities.

heck, i spent a twd season leading lag jedis with anon, now we're doin melee, step up i think, but jedis definately helped and i'm glad i did it.
                              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                              Philos> there is something about you
                              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Working...
                              X