Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster Dueling Arena/Potential League

Would be nice to see.

Staff could start simply by hosting some 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5 Team Lanc duels in a LD arena.

If the event was popular enough, could evolve it into having an arena/unique map of its own like wbduel & javduel.

Something I have thought of in years past, Imzakor's post inspired it. Next step would be making it a TWD league. Not sure if Trenchers would be interested enough in it, may languish like spider league, definitely worth trying out though.

- Rule

"I Am a Lancaster.

Hello all, I am Imzakhor, and this is my first post. I think.

I have enjoyed all ships at one point or another, except the shark - ew - but have settled on the lancaster. The multshot, different fire traits, and strategies to defeat different ships are very fascinating to me. Coupled with the xradar, which i love, and it's just simply the ship for me. I have been playing as a Lanc for years.

Is there any kind of basing, etc., on a trackable level, that includes lancasters? or elim arenas, things like that? It's my favorite ship, but it just seems like Lancasters get overlooked for some ofthe more intriguing play of TW.

Anyway, I would really like to do some offical basing/squadding/elim/etc. at the helm of my lancaster.

I wonder how a line of 5 lancers shooting 4 bullets will be...

Comment

this actually sounds like tons of fun
      -Dave

Comment

TWDev should create a map where it contains walls.

Be able to pick up greens like thor, brick and bouncing bullets.

Start off with 1 repel.

Be able to attach to your team to get straight into the battle.

Also have a set death limit for each player, rather than twsd, where it is a race to 50.

vys
        Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

i would try it =)

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Kim hosted a test 5 vs 5 duel a few minutes ago. I thought it was fun, I wanted to play another round hah. A number of people who played had some good suggestions on how to improve it. I think this event could work as a hosted event/Lancduel arena. I would like to see two competitive squads play it head to head - As teamwork really comes into play with this ship, if it became a popular event for squads to play it could find its way into TWD. Something new and different. Currently Lancaster does not have a place in Spider dominated base games, and there are a lot of players like Imzakor who enjoy playing Lanc. Would like to see this tested as a hosted event. Recommend trying it out (ask staff), and dropping your thoughts.

Regards

Rule
            Last edited by Rule; 12-13-2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I think lanc dueling should borrow the TWLD arena framework, but everything inside should change. The warbird arena is dated, it does not appeal the new generation. Upon discussion with Rule, we believe that any lancaster league will appeal more to the newer players, since it is quite commonly used in Public arenas, but is never used in anywhere else.

As for the arena, we should have a map that replaces all the stale 1x1 dimension rocks in there with some well thoughtout geometric structures that players can hide behind for a quick regrouping. I'm not sure whether or not these walls should have holes or not, that's still up for discussion.

I'm all for attaching of players, you can attach in pub, why not here. Let's gear this league as much as possible to the newer dueling generation. I'm not sure about the greening of thors and what not, I don't really support that. The only thing I want to discuss is the use of multishot. I think all players should start out in default as 2 bullets. Then the use of multishot greens placed in strategic places on the map where players can grab should be considered. I guess there is some strategy here: Teams can camp these areas, and if you are attached to another player, then one green can green 2 players.

I have other ideas that I will post later.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

Lans are quite manuverable.
                With a quick boost, you can rush and dodge like a warbird (Or perhaps even better).

Is a good idea to incorporate a pub-ship into TWD-ish games.
                It's definitely worth a try! Should start by hosting a few games to see how the players react.
                AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Even though lancs are fun, it's dueling league will turn out a failure like TWSD.
                  1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                  1:Cower> Sword
                  1:Kthx> ok
                  1:Cower> Axe
                  1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                  1:Cower> ?
                  1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Excellent idea, let's do it =)

Comment

I think we should first try to fix twsd until we try a lance league.
                      What ever happend to that flagging spider map rii (I think?) made that diso and mambo tested out not long ago. It was really fun and with a much better gameplay than the current twsd.
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

great idea

because this worked so well with spiders!

Comment

We did a bit more testing with it recently almost got the flag bug fixed and found some things for Riistar to look into like the flag claim and so on. but it is coming along sweetly as for the lanc it should be tried in a few different arenas to test for the best game play like open space or walls or turf and so on.
                          ?find dads revenge

Comment

make twl what it used to be

all ships. remove the wb-only restriction on twdd/twld.
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

good news dads, hope he can fix it soon
                              Originally posted by Tyson
                              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                              Originally posted by HeavenSent
                              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X