In Game Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Game Tips

I don't know if this has been done before but i was thinking there should be a thread that could allow vets to share some tips with newer players. This could allow new players to expand their game play and try new tactics in SS. You could put the ship you are talking about followed by the tip as a general rule

For example
    Any Ship: By bouncing of a rock or any other object and shooting at the same time, you can increase bullet speed

If the player still doesn't get how to do it, then have that player private message the person who submitted the tip in-game and that person could show them. This could help the problem of newer players not sticking around for long and increase population.
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis

Shoot at enemy players to kill them.
    f

Comment

Tip

Any Ship: People think that by bouncing off a rock or any other object and shooting at the same time, you can increase bullet speed, but it is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        Tip

Any Ship: People think that by bouncing off a rock or any other object and shooting at the same time, you can increase bullet speed, but it is not true.
        you can make jav bombs go faster by holding boost i swear to god!!!!!!!

Comment

protip: you can't kill vitja. just run the other way when you see him.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

stop suiciding and thinking its rushing in warbird

thrusting straight at someone with full energy isnt a rush, kick your bad habit
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Leviathan (ship #4)

Lay portal (shift+insert) almost instantly as you spawn, then rocket (F3) away from newb spawners (people who love to reap ez kills), then press insert as they turn to chase you,then simply fire cannon (tab) and laugh about the 2-5 fer (2 to 5 enemies you smoked) that you just have gotten, now that your bounty is 27 in one shot attach (F7) to a terrier and then reak more havok with tab button and ctrl button for close enimies.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                Tip

But will change your direction instantly for a hasty escape.
                DELETED

Comment

here's some technical tips I use for the Warbird (but apply to other ships as well):

Go to: http://www.subspacedownloads.com/ind...=file&fid=1108
                  download it and install the AimShips but nothing else from it (adds a red dot in front of your ship.) Turn off rolling ship (on the main continuum screen, go to view, options then the graphics tab) for this to work.

Make your bullets bigger than the original. Go to your continuum folder, then your graphics folder, then edit the bullets file. I use this: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7686/bulletstf3.png
                  Just right click on it, hit save as, then rename it to bullets.bm2 and save it in your continuum graphics folder.

Use 1280x1024 resolution, if you're monitor isn't big enough, buy a bigger one (craigslist is a good place to find cheap/free monitors.) If your monitor is big enough, but the resolution isn't showing, on the main screen go to view then advanced options, then click the "show default resolutions tab." This should make 1280x1024 show in the resolutions tab (but it won't work if your monitor doesn't support it.)

On the main continuum screen, click options and check the "transparent stats box" box. On the graphics tab, UNCHECK "show backgrounds" and "rolling ship" and "show stars." Check "show bullets/shrap trails" and "

On the radar tab, check "Transparent radar", "Transparent map" and "show radar grid."

On the chat tab check "transparent messages."
                  Last edited by Static Burn; 03-24-2009, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Make sure you can play with the highest screen resolution.

If you dont have the highest ?go base

Comment

When chasing, try to shift in straight lines to where the enemy is going, and not following him directly. It saves energy.
                      -Bubbles
                      Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
                      Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

...u DO know it IS possible for zone staff to change the text...

press esc+f6 in some zones for a demonstration.

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA, I SUGGEST THAT TW HAVE CUSTOM TIPS.

for staff: im sure it would reduce the number of help calls, too ;D
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Static Burn View Post
                          I'm just a newbie but here's some technical tips I use for the Warbird (but apply to other ships as well):

Go to: http://www.subspacedownloads.com/ind...=file&fid=1108
                          download it and install the screen overlay and the AimShips (adds a red dot in front of your ship.) Turn off rolling ship (on the main continuum screen, go to view, options then the graphics tab) for this to work.

Make your bullets bigger than the original. Go to your continuum folder, then your graphics folder, then edit the bullets file. I use this: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7686/bulletstf3.png
                          Just right click on it, hit save as, then rename it to bullets.bm2 and save it in your continuum graphics folder.

Use 1280x1024 resolution, if you're monitor isn't big enough, buy a bigger one (craigslist is a good place to find cheap/free monitors.) If your monitor is big enough, but the resolution isn't showing, on the main screen go to view then advanced options, then click the "show default resolutions tab." This should make 1280x1024 show in the resolutions tab (but it won't work if your monitor doesn't support it.)

On the main continuum screen, click options and check the "transparent stats box" box. On the graphics tab, UNCHECK "show backgrounds" "show stars" and "rolling ship." Check "show bullets/shrap trails."

On the radar tab, check "Transparent radar", "Transparent map" and "show radar grid."

On the chat tab check "transparent messages."
                          That overlay is trippy as hell but these are the kinda tips i'm talking about. Thanks for the insight static burn. Maybe if we can get enough tips, this could be a sticky so new players can find it easily.
                          Leave the gun, take the cannolis

Comment

Tip: Meet yourself a sugar daddy/mama (daddy). Meet him/her (him) on subspace. She might be a dude/chick (dude). He/She (let's be real, going to be a he) might be mad heinous, son. But then you won't have to fuck with Ray-Ray/Nay-Nay's (seriously, going to have a penis "to wong-foo thanks for everything julie newmar" style) broke ass no mo'.
                            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Conserve energy as a spider, never shoot more than aimed bursts of bullets.
                              Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
                              X