No announcement yet.

In Game Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Type ?usage, think about what could have been, ESC Q, uninstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
      Type ?usage, think about what could have been, ESC Q, uninstall.
      ROFL classic.

Comment

read epi's guide on the tw.org page and you're good to go

oh and how to get good in jav: get good in wb
        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
          oh and how to get good in jav: get good in wb
          lies

im a good wb, and im sure as hell am not a good jav

and as far as ive learned, playing a jav like a wb works probably .0001% of the time... the ship is too slow movement wise, doesnt respond as well to motion change, the bullets and bombs shoot much slower, oh and they bounce, go figure, oh yeah and there are walls, oh and no rocks, oh and you can tk, o yeah the ship is yellow, oh and you cant win 1v4 very much in a jav like you can wb, much harder to make people miss/dodge when your facing sprays of bullets, oh yeah and the energy recovers slower, and more stuff that i cant think of right now

but pretty much besides all that, yeah its exactly like wb
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
            lies

im a good wb, and im sure as hell am not a good jav

and as far as ive learned, playing a jav like a wb works probably .0001% of the time... the ship is too slow movement wise, doesnt respond as well to motion change, the bullets and bombs shoot much slower, oh and they bounce, go figure, oh yeah and there are walls, oh and no rocks, oh and you can tk, o yeah the ship is yellow, oh and you cant win 1v4 very much in a jav like you can wb, much harder to make people miss/dodge when your facing sprays of bullets, oh yeah and the energy recovers slower, and more stuff that i cant think of right now

but pretty much besides all that, yeah its exactly like wb
            of course you need your 2 hour experience on how the ship works first )
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
              Tip

Any Ship: People think that by bouncing off a rock or any other object and shooting at the same time, you can increase bullet speed, but it is not true.
              If you factor in lag and the way the client works, it sure as hell makes such a bullet a lot harder to dodge. If you haven't found this out yet I suggest you try playing the game a couple of times.
              "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
                If you factor in lag and the way the client works, it sure as hell makes such a bullet a lot harder to dodge. If you haven't found this out yet I suggest you try playing the game a couple of times.
                Well, it doesn't. The good part about rock shots, however, is the fact that your direction is changed once you hit them (away from opponent if you're doing it right).

Comment

Another quick note about rock maneuvers is that it can be used to shake off chasing blue guys. If you time your thrust right, you can close to instantly change your direction to the opposite without slowing down. Good players knows this, and can predict you moving towards a rock to bounce back, so try to do it as sudden and unpredictable as possible.

Also worth knowing if you are chasing someone, and you see they are obviously moving towards a rock.
                  Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                    Well, it doesn't. The good part about rock shots, however, is the fact that your direction is changed once you hit them (away from opponent if you're doing it right).
                    It might not go faster maybe, but it is more unpredictable than a regular shot. The fact that I've played warbird for 5 years and found that rockshots are more likely to kill people that haven't aligned perfectly with you and the rock, and the fact I die more often from rockshots suggest that from a human point of view you are wrong. I'm sure that in ?go base where you hang all the time rockshots are pretty pointless though.
                    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Go straight with jav. Use shift to gain speed and turn left (still sliding straight) and tap down+up at the same time while holding in shift. Not really useful but it looks cool!

Comment

While holding Emahos balls, do not laugh at their puny size. This tends to offend him.
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

In terr, save your portal until you really need to use it until then don't be a prick and go into danger purposely the same dodging rules still apply, the portal is a last resort that is until you get another portal.

Comment

When people do those stupid rock shots, i aim at the rock before they get there, it's so obvious.. Rock shots are a HUGE no no no no against experienced Veterans.

Tips from Me:
                            When playing the warbird, do not rush in a straight line when doing a rush. Rush at a slight angle giving the ability to do a quick side swipe.

When an enemy shoots and is thrusting into a corner, you can turn your ship around and keep chasing him. It gives you the ability to quick turn at the last second and kill him when he decides to stop or try to move past you.

You can thrust 2 seconds, then shoot, count it in your head. Very hard to dodge.

When with a team, tend to keep your allies on radar, and make sure they aern't getting strayed from any particular angle. Move in open space so when you do get shot at, you haven't lined up your enemy

Better to move forward instead of backwards, but do mix it up. When people back pedal, they have a tendency with crossing with teamates therefore increasing the ability to get strayed or luck shot.

Do not let Vitja play against you, simple hacks are unbeatable. Brazillian Lag conquers all and staff acknowledges cheats which in turn gets you further in TWL.

! Javs !

Single and Multi bullets could be the way to get out of a sticky situation, do use multi on the run away, but use single on the trap and close up situation (single bullets are much faster).

thats it for now.. zz
                            I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

If you get a rusher chasing you, you can set up a pick with a teammate who can get the guy when he's focused on you.
                              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules View Post
                                You can thrust 2 seconds, then shoot, count it in your head. Very hard to dodge.
                                actually its 3 seconds, and trust me that last second is what matters
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X