new idea for leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melon View Post
    Why decrease the number of teams? Should just make a smaller roster cap.. That is ALSO in effect for twd. Squads with anywhere over 35 players on twd roster could lose a few. Limit the rosters and people will get more chances to play and will "have" to be active or axed.
    Smaller roster cap doesn't magically make all the inactive players into active players.. At most they'll just dissapear from the game completely. I wouldn't mind cutting 15 people of our TWL roster, but it doesn't change a thing for TW, since we've had maximally 20 people playing in TWL this season anyhow, and we're even a three league squad.. Same goes for limiting TWD rosters, I don't think any of the better TWL squads actually have rosters with over 20 active TWL/TWD players.. So you're easy solution wouldn't change a thing for the amount of active/dedicated squads..

So yes we need to decrease the amount of teams in TWL. Right now TWL doesn't feel like the highest level of competition at all. Basically every squad that was active in TWD has made it to TWL at least a few games this season. More squads dropped out than in all other seasons combined. Real problem is that there's just too few squads with responsible captains + a loyal dedicated core, who'll stick together even in tough times. The rest are just pos squads who'll drop out/dissolve instantly whenever they get a few losses in a row, mostly because they've bad/egoistical leaders and members who are nothing but squadhopping newbies who think too much of themselves.. Which is why we can't get to more than 8 competitive squads for TWL.

I see more problems with TWD. It needs something extra. Like I wouldn't mind seeing a TWD-cup like every 2 months. The top 8 or 16 squads (depends on how active TWD would get) qualify for a playoffs, then it's 3 or 4 round to get to a winner.. Could be done in one weekend easily. Announce/record the winner on Trenchwars/TWD-site, so squads get a bit more recognition for winning it and actually play for 'something'.. Right now the problem with TWD is that it's just a practise league, nothing more..

Comment

Good idea, the new lanc can own a warbird if the right person is using it Plus 5 lancs firing multi once.... byebye warberdehs

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
        TWDD + bouncing bullets + shorter bulletalivetime = whole new era of wb dueling

TWJD + rocket + emp level 2 bombs = whole new era of dueling

TWBD + new map = recover the entire league from its grave
        i bolded the one that makes sense

the other two just turn wb and jav dueling into one of the many circuses we call our hosted events

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
        X