X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idea for draft league

why dont we make twdt this way:

1. everyone subscribe to play.

2. staff put few key/known players on separate teams and random rest.

3. everyone from the team vote for 2 captains.

4. captains from teams exchange players.

I think this way would be better because voted caps would probably be nice guys that everyone likes to deal with and stuff.
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

when is this twdt thing happening i never tried it and i am very interested :wub:
    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Simple fact number 1 as to why draft leagues never, ever work: People want to play with there friends. As a former captain i had to trade one of the best pics in the league (a 3 league guy, merce, when he was at his best) for triceratops (a 1 league guy) because merce refused to play unless 'he was on a2m+'s team'. You see, you'd think people who sign up would be willing to play for whoever, but there not. There retards who jump into something without realising they may end up on a team with someone they hate, and then they either boycott (in which case you wasted a top pick, possibly even your first rounder - aka your team is now weaker than everybody else) OR they play and actively suck, which may be even worse.

The fact is unless theres a punishment for this behaviour (and there isn't) then it'll never work. Put it in the rules that if you fuck with the league your banned for life from all trench wars related leagues (TWL, TWD, TWDT or whatever) and people will listen, but that won't happen.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Can the space detective play bad space detective and beat up the no compliers?

Comment

nvm

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
            Can the space detective play bad space detective and beat up the no compliers?
            There are no bad space detectives, only bad people.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

how about you make lots of teams, and if a player doesn't play well fuck them, play someone else, don't trade them, let them sit out the season and complain that they cant participate, simple as that
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

except that, what if thats your first draft pick? you're just screwed? Now that may not be as bad in say dueling if you just lose one guy, but lets say you took him as a three league guy, and he's your terr for Basing. You just lost your most important and hardest to replace ship, as well as perhaps an all star in two other leagues. I get what you saying Exalt and thats what I would do, but it does screw you over.

Comment

what about this scenerio:

have whoever choose the captains again.

then have whoever wants to play go submit their non-aliased name to the player database for the draft league. now, give that list to all the captains. let teh captains order the first 25 or 30 people on teh list theyd liek to choose. that all depends on how many teams there are. more teams = longer list. then, randomize the order that the captains get to choose and voila. now the twdt ops have a list from each captain and the order. all thast left to do is go down the list and contact the player that each captain chose. if the player agrees to play on that team, then add them. if they dont, remove them from teh league altogether then go to the next highest player on that captains list. it would probably take forever to do this, but this would assure youd only get players willing to play for any team, and remove the dickheads who wouldnt from the draft league.

the list shoudl be just long enough so you could select some of teh key players on your team. say thats the top 5 picks and you have 5 teams, the list would be 25 people long. then maybe a few more for the dropouts.

the top 5 picks is probably too many. that would take too long. 2 or 3 maybe? just to make sure your first couple picks arent a bust.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by xquisite View Post
                    nvm
                    I like your avatar.
                    (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                    5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                    1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                    1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
                      Simple fact number 1 as to why draft leagues never, ever work: People want to play with there friends. As a former captain i had to trade one of the best pics in the league (a 3 league guy, merce, when he was at his best) for triceratops (a 1 league guy) because merce refused to play unless 'he was on a2m+'s team'. You see, you'd think people who sign up would be willing to play for whoever, but there not. There retards who jump into something without realising they may end up on a team with someone they hate, and then they either boycott (in which case you wasted a top pick, possibly even your first rounder - aka your team is now weaker than everybody else) OR they play and actively suck, which may be even worse.

The fact is unless theres a punishment for this behaviour (and there isn't) then it'll never work. Put it in the rules that if you fuck with the league your banned for life from all trench wars related leagues (TWL, TWD, TWDT or whatever) and people will listen, but that won't happen.
                      pay us, salaries = solution

Comment

EG has run a sucessful draft flagging league for quite a few seasons. Prehaps we should look how there league is designed.

The problem with the last draft in TW as I saw it was that teams dropped out, though no-shows, or not enough players, whist there were alot of players not even picked who wanted to play. I would have been happy to play for any of the teams.

We would do well to take some inspiration from there rules for TWL as well imo, they are extremly well written, clear and concise. http://www.egdl.egleagues.com/rules.htm

you could recreate the league purely by reading the rules. With TWL this is not possible.... In fact quite a few things that happen in TWL are not even written down, they are "convention" rather than rules. For example, nowhere in TWL rules does it say the final is 3 rounds.
                        Last edited by Doc Flabby; 02-19-2008, 06:59 AM.
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                          EG has run a sucessful draft flagging league for quite a few seasons. Prehaps we should look how there league is designed.

The problem with the last draft in TW as I saw it was that teams dropped out, though no-shows, or not enough players, whist there were alot of players not even picked who wanted to play. I would have been happy to play for any of the teams.

We would do well to take some inspiration from there rules for TWL as well imo, they are extremly well written, clear and concise. http://www.egdl.egleagues.com/rules.htm

you could recreate the league purely by reading the rules. With TWL this is not possible.... In fact quite a few things that happen in TWL are not even written down, they are "convention" rather than rules. For example, nowhere in TWL rules does it say the final is 3 rounds.
                          In that case, thunder still lost. LOLOL

Comment

I would really like to see TWDT up and running. Lets get some dates/captains for this so it can be real and get started.

Comment

Working...
                            X