Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Izor For Smod

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
    I think it's what you do that matters more Kahlan. Obviously showing us that you do not have a bad attitude or have a bad history in the community is a start, that involves interacting with people in the community. People who are generally helpful and fit the description of a potential staffer either (more likely) refuse the offer or do not fit in for one reason or another. It's not easy finding good staffers these days. Knowing someone high up in staff is also not a sure thing.

It might help but recommendations are open to all current staff members (normally Moderator+ but not really anymore), so kissing ass on all of us or even a few isn't going to help. Just act like a normal person in game, don't try to be someone else and if it's fun for you help out and be active (Base, Elim, Pub, TWD ect..).

^ What that guy said is bullshit. (Thinking about Top Gun when Maverick says I was in Inverted. Ice Man Coughs bullshit)
    OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier
      I think sertifi is certified to clarify his butterfly into a deep fry<ER>
      foxed
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

x.X
        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
        1:soild>they can say what they like
        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Everything in life is "Who you know". And a way to know those people is to be nice, not have a shit history with the community, and get your name out there as a prominent player in the game.
          DELETED

Comment

I have found there is no such thing as "the community". It is all clusters of players who know each other. I've played for a couple of years and know quite a lot of people on the game, but there are whole groups I have never so much talked to. For example: the whole diso buddies (with the exception of displaced once since he was in BoZ), the quicksand homeboys + hysterical hangers-on, and most baser groups (spastic, penetrate, pandora). It might seem strange, but like in highschool there is always cluster formation. With the exception of Acumo and sws there were hardly staff people in my circle until recently.
            Kahlan is more or less in my circle of people, and I can name quite a numer of other players who would have been staff material over the years in "my circle" who might be known, but not connected to the right people.
            "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Whoa Oh, amber is the color of your energy.
              sigpic
              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
                Whoa Oh, amber is the color of your energy.
                Rainstorm, keep me away form the norm
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/

Comment

Back to the topic at hand, the staff member I respect and like the most is Rudy. I think he'd make a great System Operator if he wanted to be one.

Comment

I know you were talking about people in general, not yourself. I know a lot of people exactly like you and they never become staff for a lot of different reasons. I think it's a combination of a lot of things not because we're over looking them or because people are kissing ass and getting in over them. I think those who easily enter staff and progress are just very active and they're not complete dicks, above everything else they don't give us a fake persona of niceness (or even conversely a negative persona-See Soul Survivor and QS for example).

I like to think of it as making a name for yourself, not like going 10-1 in elim 5 times in a row, just being known in the sub communities. As an example (and I mean no offense) Until you came to the forum I had never heard of you, and I can't exactly peg where (if ever) you've played. Again I'm not trying to anger you or offend you, it's just an example. I wasn't kidding when I said recommendations are open to everyone so when one person gives their negative response it generally doesn't turn into a hire.

There are a lot of people hired who will never make it to Moderator, and sometimes even ER. A lot has to be in place for it to happen, and SMod is a rare occurrence that demands a lot more. ZHs can not do a lot of damage, they don't have ban powers, they can't access any server documents and their forum and site access is generally limited. But I do agree with you, we need to be looking for quality people for higher positions also.

Comment

well met him about a year ago. he asked me if wanted to join his squad, i said sure i'd only been on one squad that dueled and i'd like to give it a shot. you probably don't remember ever seeing him kolar becuase he's changed names almost as many times as squads as long as i've known him. he showed me all the commands and such and was nice enough to let me play even if i sucked ass and helped me out to get better. eventually he left a squad to me, and even though it was a shittty squad at the time, he pretty much showed me everything from how to cap/asst games to running a squad. he helps out a lot of "new" people and that's one of teh things i'd look for in staff, someone who tries to invite teh newer people into the "community". He probably won't get staff because he disagrees with you guys on some points. Afterall, yall are looking for someone to agree with you that you can model after your own ways, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Personally, Id think he do alright as staff, but thats not why i posted all that

you say that he hasn't made a name for himself, but also say that the way to do that isn't to to be really good (go 10-1), just being known in the "subcommunities". i dare say you don't know me from in game. i don't know where i'd have to go to be known, i play a lot of pub, elim and events everynow and then. i play in javs occasionally, but i don't like base, so i guess that throws me out of the subcommunities that one needs to be in.
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                      .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets
                        He probably won't get staff because he disagrees with you guys on some points. Afterall, yall are looking for someone to agree with you that you can model after your own ways, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Personally, Id think he do alright as staff, but thats not why i posted all that
                        If everything else fits then that is almost never a problem. If we're promoting someone to Smod who will have some influence then yes I would make sure they're A) Not going to trash the zone, and B ) Have some decent ideas and plans for the zone and their department.

I do know about him now and a lot of people I wouldn't from in game. Also, and don't quote me on this, but some forum names have been thrown around as of late, especially people who are not particularly known in game. All the places you listed are good.

Comment

Originally posted by DankNuggets View Post
                          well met him about a year ago. he asked me if wanted to join his squad, i said sure i'd only been on one squad that dueled and i'd like to give it a shot. you probably don't remember ever seeing him kolar becuase he's changed names almost as many times as squads as long as i've known him. he showed me all the commands and such and was nice enough to let me play even if i sucked ass and helped me out to get better. eventually he left a squad to me, and even though it was a shittty squad at the time, he pretty much showed me everything from how to cap/asst games to running a squad.
                          Did I really? Must've been years ago. Was it under that name? I've only had this name since 2004. This is the only one I've really stuck with, even though I switched between Creepers/Zach/Seethe/and a lot of others between then. I'd say this is the name I'm most known on these days what with doing TW Radio and the general community of TW is less than 4 years old, so they wouldn't remember my older names.
                          sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
                          1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                            Everything in life is "Who you know". And a way to know those people is to be nice, not have a shit history with the community, and get your name out there as a prominent player in the game.
                            which of those did you do?
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
                              which of those did you do?
                              He has a female looking name obviously :turned:
                              "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
                                Oh yeah, JabJabJab is experienced and has a lot of ideas and good intentions toward furthering the zone. He'd be a good candidate no matter how many people don't want him to be/don't like him. Plus ThirdSpace is pretty cool.
                                I have to agree/disagree. Jab is qualified, but he has a MAJOR temper.

Comment

Working...
                                X