Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger resolution make u a better player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger resolution make u a better player?

My resolution kinda sucks at something like 1080 X 800 at max...compared with some players that have over 1200 +.

Does havin a bigger resolution make u a better player? especially for a jav player? or is it down to which ever resolution size ur most adapted to (used to)... or both?
    1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

it helps you dodge bullets in wb better, you can see them coming from a further distance
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

resolution isnt the be all end all of being good at this game, but it is a very significant advantage

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Bigger penis make u a better lover?

Not per sé, you just have more potential to be one! It's still mostly about skill that determines what you can get out of it.
        "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

I find up and down resoultion more valuable in jav as it stops me getting strayed trying to enter base.

incedntally if your penis is too big to fit in it can be painfull for both parties involved.
          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

after playing for years at 1024 x 768, then switching to 1200 x 800 for a year, and then switching back to 1024 x 768 for the past year...

Yes, it does.

Initially you build up skill in a ship, regardless of resolution, to do things like dodge, shoot, fly straight, etc. After that, resolution plays a big part. Combined with latency, low resolution means you can't dodge shots that others with higher resolutions can, simply b/c you don't have time to react to the bullets. Who woulda thought 0.1-0.5 secs really mattered, but it does.

You can employ a strategy with smaller resolutions to win -- basically avoid everyone who's focusing on you and vulch others. If they see you coming (and they will if they have higher resoultion) on screen 1st, they have an automatic advantage to guessing where you'll fly. Therefore, you'll probably have to dodge their first shot. If your resolutions are close enough, they missed badly, or you were chasing them on radar, you'll have time to return with a decent shot or you can 'rush' them. The problem is getting close to them initially and maintaining enough energy to keep them on their toes. Be patient, don't shoot first. Also you can try sniping, but they'll have way more time to adjust to your shots than you do to theres. This strategy backfires when lag gets so bad that if you do get close to them, you'll never even see there bullets, or they'll appear on your screen right before they hit you.
            .fffffffff_____
            .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
            .ffffff|ff __fffff|
            .fffffff\______/
            .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
            .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
            .fffff\________/
            .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
            .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
            .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
            .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
              incedntally if your penis is too big to fit in it can be painfull for both parties involved.
              i find that good ol' fashioned lube is necessary in cases like this
              .fffffffff_____
              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
              .fffffff\______/
              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
              .fffff\________/
              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
              .fff\__________/

Comment

You're working with a bigger res, more room to dodge shots from a distance, more shots on target on-screen.

So yeah, you become better as a consequence of adapting.
                (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
                5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
                1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
                1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

1280*1024 ftw

Comment

I play at the largest res my computer can handle, but i think a few steps down could be very good in certain situations, for example dueling in javs, makes it much easier to do fancy shot's that might require alot of difficulty and luck in higher res's.

Besides you don't really need to see your opponent from too far a distance, pixel dodging is much easier with lower res.

Comment

Yeah, my entire game is based around pixel dodging and luring so I play at a low res, windowed, with IRC at the side of the screen. Hah.

Then again, not many people think I'm a good player.
                      dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Try playing on the highest resolution for a year, then playing in the lowest. I felt like a giant.

Comment

Working...
                        X