No announcement yet.

++++ Small Weasel Petition ++++

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please note I haven't forgotten about the recent posts in this thread, but I've been busy with Uni. So I'm aiming to try a few things in the next couple of weeks with my break..
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

• I've changed the speed of the Weasel's bullet. They are double the speed of a Leviathan's, but not as fast as the main fighter ships (Warbid, Spider & Lancaster). You can ?go #Moot to try out the new speed of the bullets and let me know what you think, and what implications you think it may have in Publics.
      • Shark
      • Dicer
      • Sager

Comment

• Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
        I've changed the speed of the Weasel's bullet. They are double the speed of a Leviathan's, but not as fast as the main fighter ships (Warbid, Spider & Lancaster). You can ?go #Moot to try out the new speed of the bullets and let me know what you think, and what implications you think it may have in Publics.
        I feel it's too fast, it seems it was even faster than what the small weasel had.

Weasel do need some boost in bullet speed to feel more combat-worthy and to make to spread actually meaningful. Yet, it also need to be low enough to limit the reach of the ship, which is intented to be stalkers that make the kill up close.

I believe bullet speed of javelin could be a good reference, slow enough to require a bit of push while fast enough so that the ship's momentum do not completely dominate the direction of shots.

Another way to limit its reach is to alter the bullet's life, if it's not a global value that is.

Comment

• The new shot does seem a little fast, but I like it. It should give the weasel a fair chance in a weasel vs terrier duel. It shouldn't really effect combat with other ships.

Now, if we can just shrink em down and give them x-radar...

Comment

• Wow. That is fast. If you're going to do that I suggest you take out the rocket it has on spawn.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

• Bullets are pretty fast, about 30% faster than the old good weasel's bullets, but I like it. The triple shot thrust snipe is devastating now. However, the weasel really needs to be able to get through the holes to be effective, and with x radar could control its own population. With those additional qualities, the fast bullet might make it overpowered, although maybe not, because the weasel is still sluggish. It's worth testing.

It's definitely an improvement. Today I had a good time playing weasel for the first time since it was neutered, and I wasn't even cloaking.

Did you take down the energy drain of afterburn as well? That really helps.

I still say give us back the weasel from, e.g., ?go elitebase, but at least we have progress, finally.
              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• Whoa, just saw this. These bullets are waaaay too fast. Also huge spread. I liked the weasel best when it was small and you could get the bullets almost this fast with a bit of a thrust run-up and they were much closer together, so that you could radar people with the equivalent of a slowish warbird shot. Those were good times. Especially since it made wsl vs wsl dueling much more viable, and often unavoidable.

Comment

• give an inch and the whiners want a mile

nice to see some things never change
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                  Originally posted by the_paul
                  Gargle battery acid fuckface
                  Originally posted by Material Girl
                  I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• I've reduced the speed of the bullets. Slightly faster than the Javelin's. In #Moot
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager

Comment

• Much better
                      [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

• No comments. It felt just right. I say it's good to go.

Comment

• Bullet speed seems a-ok.

Comment

• This bullet speed is OK only if there are other upgrades coming. With these bullets and no other changes, weasel is still a complete piece of crap.
                            Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                            2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• Its ALL irrelevant except for the SIZE. if it isn't going to if through the holes, there is no point
                              LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

• Originally posted by ph
                                give an inch and the whiners want a mile
                                That just about says it all.

The weasel is a pretty useless ship with it's current settings. It doesn't have to be small and disrupt the basing game to have a purpose though. I like the new bullet speed in #moot.

Maybe if the weasel was given an extra repel instead of that rocket it would be an alternative to shark in publics. It would still be 1 repel behind a shark and unable to mine but it would be a good ship to balance out the damn shark wars that happen. It's 2 repels would clear any mines and it's increased bullet speed would be good for taking out the enemy sharks.
                                (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Working...
                                X