Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wasp is back for the weekend over Weasel changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasp is back for the weekend over Weasel changes?

The Wasp was never a ship one could just pick from the list. You had to earn the points to use that ship.

I dunno, but I found it exciting for about 5 minutes and then noticed everyone jumping into this ship.

I was dissapointed.

Nice throwback to the players of yrs long ago, but come on...if it's a weekend thing it's cool, but with all that power and available to everyone? It held my interest in the zone for a minimal time before I shut the game off.

Next week perhaps every ship can be given powers like in EG Zone?
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Next week is no complaining week.

seriously, its just one weekend, it isn't that bad. its not that strong ship anyway...

Comment

The nightwasp may be slightly overpowered, but I think such imbalances of power across ships can really pump up the competition in a pub. There were a lot of nightwasp hunters and people making frequencies that were anti-wasp which was good to see. Sure it's annoying when they cloak and levbomb etc., but I think with a bit of tweaking to the ship settings, it will be a fairly playable and enjoyable ship.

When people saw that LTs were getting annoying, they had people hunting them down, it seemed no different for the nightwasp today, and it's been a lot of fun for those who are so against them because people got together in killing them, while those who used the wasp were happy as well.
      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Lance = nightwasp swatter.
        Celibrate
        XXX is overrated.

Comment

lanc*
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
          SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

I was not all that annoyed with the Wasp. I actually was somewhat pleased to see it back again.

I would welcome the ship back to the arena based upon what it was originally designed for and that was to the person of who held the highest overall point within an arena.

It would at least attract players to stay in the arena and attempt to de-throne the current wasp in the arena itself.

The wasp could be a help TW in the pub arenas IMHO. I just did not think that the ship should be one that someone can just pick at random.

If the TW community is looking to make the game more appealing as well as create a way to keep people playing, having the wasp as a ship only available to the one player per arena with the highest point scoring. It could, and I think, would attract more people to continue playing...if not just for the fun of hunting the wasp and killing it.

And FarScape, the reason I was pissed was obviously because I had been playing this game years before you discovered it and had the fun of pubbing when the Wasp held more merit than just a weekend event for everyone to jump in the same ship. I guess I was feeling sentimental towards the days of Old TW. Complaining on my part…perhaps, but at least the addition of the Wasp, in what it was originally used for, would entice players and add to the game rather than create a free for all two day event.
            Last edited by 404 Not Found; 08-07-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
              I was not all that annoyed with the Wasp. I actually was somewhat pleased to see it back again.

I would welcome the ship back to the arena based upon what it was originally designed for and that was to the person of who held the highest overall point within an arena.

It would at least attract players to stay in the arena and attempt to de-throne the current wasp in the arena itself.

The wasp could be a help TW in the pub arenas IMHO. I just did not think that the ship should be one that someone can just pick at random.

If the TW community is looking to make the game more appealing as well as create a way to keep people playing, having the wasp as a ship only available to the one player per arena with the highest point scoring. It could, and I think, would attract more people to continue playing...if not just for the fun of hunting the wasp and killing it.

And FarScape, the reason I was pissed was obviously because I had been playing this game years before you discovered it and had the fun of pubbing when the Wasp held more merit than just a weekend event for everyone to jump in the same ship. I guess I was feeling sentimental towards the days of Old TW. Complaining on my part…perhaps, but at least the addition of the Wasp, in what it was originally used for, would entice players and add to the game rather than create a free for all two day event.
              Agreed. I would like to see the wasp back under such terms. What ship should it replace though? It's faster than a lev, has the bombs, annoying but nice bullets, or the weasel, so it would save people having to argue big or small etc. etc.
              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
              5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
              1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
              1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

No need to replace any ships. The Wasp was a solo ship that was bestowed upon the player that held the most overall points in an arena. The point being that the person that is given the Wasp would change and create more interest in an arena to achieve the points needed to getthe Wasp.

Plus it was always fun to go after the player in the Wasp as well.

No ships need to be dropped from the list to add the Wasp back into the game itself.

Comment

Working...
                X