No announcement yet.

Wild Guns Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have thought staff would be glad I have returned from foreign parts and am playing again My post last night was overly angry (I blame the full moon) so I apologise for my tone, but the gist of it is relevant.

Its an unhappy fact that (as stark mentioned) most pubbers don't read the forums. I posted here when it was pointed out that all the messages seem positive. I know from taking to staff and other players that there have been a lot of complaints about the settings this weekend - its only fair to represent the silent minority (majority?) of pubbers who have voted with their feet rather than bothering with posts on the forums.

A lot of comments on chat (and even from a number of staff) are along the lines of "the new settings are fun for a few minutes, but you can't base with them".

Dads, you haven't addressed the fact that there are far less people in pure pub than normal for a weekend. I'm writing this on sunday afternoon, when pub would normally be busy, and the only "people" in pure pub arena are pubbot1 and roboboy. Even on a weekday morning pure pub usually has enough players for a decent base battle (5 on each team). There might be some major external reason for less players that I don't know about, but from what I can see I can only conclude that the normal core of pubbers has given up on TW for now.

Please think before you randomly change settings. Its been shown before that increasing the power of any particular ship has an adverse affect on basing. Simply increasing them all probably wasn't a great idea either. Powerfull bullet-spamming ships are great in open-plan arenas (similar to zombies) where dodging and running is easy, but in a tight area its unbalanced.

If you have to fettle the settings every week, why not do this on a normally "dead" weekday, when you need to encourage players to play, rather than doing it at a weekend when you stand to piss off more people?

LEM
    DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

Comment

Its not that i think the changes are bad, they are quite cool but i wanna play TW settings not settings that i can play in all the other zones.... Thats why I play in TW :P

I think changing it on a weekday is a better idea. Could have wild wednesdays maybe or something :P
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
        Its not that i think the changes are bad, they are quite cool but i wanna play TW settings not settings that i can play in all the other zones.... Thats why I play in TW :P

I think changing it on a weekday is a better idea. Could have wild wednesdays maybe or something :P
        I agree. Wild Wednesdays ftw

Comment

weekend = tw time.
          weekend + pubevent = no tw time.

=> -_-

*equation applies to those who have little time during the week days and play pub.
          Celibrate
          XXX is overrated.

Comment

wow, weasels with ass bullets, wb's and spiders with multi, and sharks with bullets? no wonder there was only 1 full pub when I was on earlier. what happened to the times when there would be 4 or 5 active pubs. didnt need silly setting changes back then?

change the settings back and do them during the week as suggested when noone really cares. weekends are the busiest time, and should be left alone so people can have proper basing fights.

and whilst we are on it, what happened to banning LT's in purepub. whats the point basing in pub when people are just gonna get shitted on by lame levs
            5:ZeUs!!> http://www.mikejeapes.twzone.net/images2/me_title.JPG
            5:sexy wooden spoon> when did u erm, win the title?
            5:ZeUs!!> yeah im a black man
            5:ZeUs!!> i won it back in 98 when i absolutely battered Evander Holyfield
            5:Superted> you look a lot whiter in your drinking pics
            5:ZeUs!!> i mullered him
            5:sexy wooden spoon> did u bite his ear?
            5:ZeUs!!> I bit his whole fucking head off
            5:ZeUs!!> he needed 56 stitches after that

Comment

Originally posted by davie View Post
              and whilst we are on it, what happened to banning LT's in purepub. whats the point basing in pub when people are just gonna get shitted on by lame levs
              LTs are still banned from pure pub, pub 0 is no longer pure pub

Comment

Overall, I thought it was a lot of fun. I like the changes for short term enjoyment.
                • Wbs were fun with the new settings (i'd like to see that multi carry through to distension if possible)
                • i couldn't see a difference in javs
                • spiders were cool, fairly unchanged in style of play
                • levis with prox = godly
                • terr burts were cool but not too powerful
                • weasels -- were small? looked big to me. ass bullets aren't too hard - basically a jav
                • Lancs were rendered ineffective, the one changed i didn't really get (and javs?)
                • Sharks were godlike. i like the bullets, but i think the prox was a bit too powerful

didn't get to play with bouncing bullets didn't see a change in jav (was pressed for time)

Overall, I liked it. but it did get old with everyone lt'ing or sharking.

On to the complaints. I completely see where they are coming from. As soon as i entered pub, before i could even try more than 1 ship, there were about 3-4 ppl clamoring about how "they ruined pub". I don't think that they read the news.txt or heard about it, because they definitely thought it was a permanent change.

Most were pissed because they didn't know that the changes were just for the weekend. Others might have known that, but were still pissed because they only get to play on the weekend.

The people who really wanted to base probably went to ?go base or twbd so they didn't have to figure out the new settings. That's why i think purepub was killed. Also, people are always going to want to try the shiny new ship, so I'm not too suprised when i see 75% of the arena as sharks. However, it doesn't make it too fun if everyone's in the same ship all the time (cough, cough, leagues, cough, cough).

Maybe Wednesdays would be better, or find 2 days so ppl at least get the chance to try it. It's fun, it's over in 2 days, and chances are you won't get to play the same "weekend" event 2x, ever. It may overshadow the pub atmosphere on weekends, but then we should use this enthusiasm during the dull parts to balance it out.
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/