Warbird Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbird Life!

ok soo here is the situation, apparently the arena .?go warbirds is unwanted in trenchwars due to a vote about the arena a while ago i am starting this thread to see current opinions and suggestions about it please feal free to add w.e u would like

My Opinion:

I feal the arena .?go warbirds adds a strategic playing style to the #1 ship of the game instead of a open box with some spinning rocks in it and i think it should seriously be considerd into leagues after all it cant do any worse then TWSD which only gets matches cause its option of 3v3

Originally posted by Xp. View Post
    ok soo here is the situation, apparently the arena .?go warbirds is unwanted in trenchwars due to a vote about the arena a while ago i am starting this thread to see current opinions and suggestions about it please feal free to add w.e u would like

My Opinion:

I feal the arena .?go warbirds adds a strategic playing style to the #1 ship of the game instead of a open box with some spinning rocks in it and i think it should seriously be considerd into leagues after all it cant do any worse then TWSD which only gets matches cause its option of 3v3
    Personally, I like the idea - HOWEVER - I think it needs a large open area with the classic rocks also. Allowing people to fight on the turf that they prefer.

Don't ask me how or what this should look like though.. But I do believe it's a good idea.
    STARKITTY
    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by StarKitty View Post
      Personally, I like the idea - HOWEVER - I think it needs a large open area with the classic rocks also. Allowing people to fight on the turf that they prefer.

Don't ask me how or what this should look like though.. But I do believe it's a good idea.

i have already made such arena trying to get it ontop of elimbeta but of course that was a big FAIL if u would like to see it pm me your email in game and ill send it to u :P

yayyyyyyyyy after the first event hosted for .?go warbirds in how long i have no clue i feal it was a big success and will continue my commitment to this arena and would like to further see the popularity level rise and hopefully become part of TWL
      Last edited by Xp.; 10-13-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

i have already made such arena trying to get it ontop of elimbeta but of course that was a big FAIL if u would like to see it pm me your email in game and ill send it to u :P

yayyyyyyyyy after the first event hosted for .?go warbirds in how long i have no clue i feal it was a big success and will continue my commitment to this arena and would like to further see the popularity level rise and hopefully become part of TWL
        Golden Gun was hosted in there the other day :wub:
        STARKITTY
        A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Ohh Dang I Missed It!

Comment

I like go warbirds map
            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Personally speaking it's ridiculous turning this map into league map. With less open space and more rocks for newbies like yourself to hide and stray, It doesn't show off a warbird's full potential. It would just turn my 6 years of warbirding in TW to non existant and turn skill into luck. With the current league maps, it's an open space for sniping/mid-range/rushing.

Just keep it as an event, end of discussion.
              Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                Personally speaking it's ridiculous turning this map into league map. With less open space and more rocks for newbies like yourself to hide and stray, It doesn't show off a warbird's full potential. It would just turn my 6 years of warbirding in TW to non existant and turn skill into luck. With the current league maps, it's an open space for sniping/mid-range/rushing.

Just keep it as an event, end of discussion.
                I personally think there's a completely different style of warbirding that lends itself to an arena with walls and small spaces.

The open arena allows the fundamental style that's evolved and changed over the years... Maybe it's time to mix this up a bit?

Walls allow for feints, a different style rush, it forces close quarter combat panic situations with the emphasis on outmaneuvering your opponents turning speed. There's still scope for sniping and those beautiful perfectly executed long range through hole shots.

I'd love to see some testing done with this... Maybe an arena + bot (the existing twd bot could be used) created purely for just playing this? - It doesn't need to be recorded - I'd like to see how it fairs up in 5v5 and what kind of tactics and ideas teams come up with.
                STARKITTY
                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

as far as a league type map, it wouldnt be too bad. as far as an elim/soloing map it would be terrible.

what a horseshit of a map if you have to chase a person around an object you cant shoot through without a team to corner them. that would be a terrible idea.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Well if this idea comes to reality then me and many other wb's with some skill will retire.
                    xp you fail in twdd, because your aim is off key and so is your rushing, so when you miss you get owned. So with boxes to hide behind you can do better? There's no skill in this, it's just promoting hiding/straying from newbie teams.
                    Newbs can hide behind a box and shoot randomly, and the better squads won't have the patience and just suicide and get owned. There's no skill in hiding and wasting people's time.
                    I wouldn't care if it's an event like ?go warbird and it has a constant bot like ?go wbduel, It's a public event, not for squads!...Plus there would be too much upsets in leagues if this happened. There's no skill in it.
                    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

u will retire because of a optional map on Tw that u dont even have to play if u dont want to?? this is just a idea to attract more ppl out of pub and into leagues to get them more active..maybe even attract a diff crowd of people into this zone..all i know is that the population here is doing terrible and u threatening to quit over new posted idea is obsured...

Comment

95% of TW from what I've seen and people I've talked to seem to like the new TWSD after they come to terms with it's new game play...
                        And yes it has gotten more attention because of the option of 3vs3, but is that not a good thing?

I find Ur apathy towards it a bit of a shame really.
                        Especially since on your profile's recent games you have never even played SD, in fact you only play TWDD...

Please don't slander something that is new and still in its early days that you have never even tried playing yourself...
                        PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                        Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                          Well if this idea comes to reality then me and many other wb's with some skill will retire.
                          xp you fail in twdd, because your aim is off key and so is your rushing, so when you miss you get owned. So with boxes to hide behind you can do better? There's no skill in this, it's just promoting hiding/straying from newbie teams.
                          Newbs can hide behind a box and shoot randomly, and the better squads won't have the patience and just suicide and get owned. There's no skill in hiding and wasting people's time.
                          I wouldn't care if it's an event like ?go warbird and it has a constant bot like ?go wbduel, It's a public event, not for squads!...Plus there would be too much upsets in leagues if this happened. There's no skill in it.
                          lol dude

I hate that stupid 11 year old little girl mentality. If you change something and I don't like it, me and other people will retire! Oh no! Honestly man, this game is so damn old, the maps and shit barely matter anymore. People come on for the people, the squads, the shit they've seen for years. Yeah if something changes, people will get disgruntled and pissed off for a while - but to constantly threaten to stop playing? It's really childish and annoying. Everyone is going to stop playing eventually, if you want to try and make some sort of political stand by 'retiring' due to a map change or something of the sort - go right ahead. Only making yourself look like a huge idiot.
                          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by RiiStar View Post
                            95% of TW from what I've seen and people I've talked to seem to like the new TWSD after they come to terms with it's new game play...
                            And yes it has gotten more attention because of the option of 3vs3, but is that not a good thing?

Especially since on your profile's recent games you have never even played SD, in fact you only play TWDD...

Please don't slander something that is new and still in its early days that you have never even tried playing yourself...

I have played in over 15 Twsd games just not on squad Sweet this thread was not started to bash twsd..This is for arena ?go warbirds and since we are on the topic of go warbirds i think we should take a bot like in wbduel and throw it in the arena and see how things turn out...maybe even with a poll on it to see how players feal on this idea since like 80% of ppl who play tw dont even read forums it would be inpossible to get a accurate result of what ppl actually want just by forums

Comment

Originally posted by RiiStar View Post

id like to see 3 vs 3 dd and jd too
                              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Working...
                              X