NO ?go base fridays????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO ?go base fridays????????

So, I have been thinking a lot lately about how I can improve the zone.

I came up with the idea of basing fridays.

The concept:

From 12am-12am, we shut down ?go base. Have any staff who wants to host do some basing events in other maps.

While some of the maps need more than the standard 8 vs 8. Other bases do not. We could always use matchbot in other arenas. so we can still have your traditional 8 vs 8 to 10 minutes game. It would obviously be up to the host. But we can make a rule abot how often this is done.

Thoughts:
    The biggest fight Staff have with hosting basing events, is that ?go base is on, and who really wants to leave a comfortably good game of base for some new base where newbs are teamkilling you, or the terr is a newb... ect. But as a host it gets frustrating. Why spend all the time setting up an event where only 12 people show up and then trying to keep people staying the entire game when ?go base starts a new game?

I want to increase the awareness of basing events in the zone, as well as stop the continuous parade of the same events OVER and OVER again. I took a look. in the first half of this month.. Bluebase has been hosted 4 times. and boki once. Thats 5 basing events in 15 days.. Basing is all but dead. Trench Wars is based on basing.. no pun inteneded. We need to do something.

Conclusion:
    This is just an idea. We can work it out where a majority of players like it/tolerate it. But something needs to be done. And I would like some input on how to do it, because we cant keep it as the status quo.

-H.M.S. Stargazer
    Event Coordination Team

your just a fucking dumbass
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
    1:waven> is if im going to prison
    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

No.
      The song doesn't make your hands clap,
      The hand claps make the song

Comment

Roughly what MM89 said
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

3:Unedited> hms wants to stop basing on fridays

idiot
          1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
          JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
          1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
          http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

OORRRRR, you do this and the people who just want to play go base, just get pissed off at this retarded zone and more fukin retarded down syndrome'd staff members, so that they just leave game and dont get anything achieved, therefore lowering TW population.. more.
            1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
            1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
            1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
            1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
            1:exquisite> like zzzzz
            1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
            1:exquisite> ya
            1:Ease> try skipping school
            1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
            1:Kian> LOL EASE
            1:Collusion> LOOL
            1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

I don't think forcing people to play things they don't want to play is ever a good idea.
              SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
              SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                3:Unedited> hms wants to stop basing on fridays

idiot
                Not so much stop basing, as move basing to other venues :P

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                  Like they did with #mythrandir? Please. You cant force people to play events, i know your not trying to but its like your implying it. people would just rather play ?go base instead of basing maps, cause thats not really good practice for like leagues, and twd matches.
                  TWLD Champion 2014
                  TWDTB Champion 2013
                  TWDTB Champion 2016
                  TWDTB Champion 2017
                  TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                  -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer. View Post
                    you need to shut the fuck up and stick to your hosting and stop getting involved in other people's business. maybe some people want to play a nice competitive game of base instead of playing your version of basing which would involve every ship having super with random gay arena messages by you. Maybe if you played the game for more than just hosting queer events for fun you'd understand why everyone thinks this idea is stupid as hell
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
                      Like they did with #mythrandir? Please. You cant force people to play events, i know your not trying to but its like your implying it. people would just rather play ?go base instead of basing maps, cause thats not really good practice for like leagues, and twd matches.
                      Well you've hit on the biggest problem we have.

People complain that all the same events get hosted over an over again. But when basing events get hosted or new ones come out they dont want to play because it wont help them for league/twd or its not fun with only 15 people.

So Something HAS to be done, and unfortunately we are going to have to cut from somewhere like ?go base or events just simply wont happen. Or it WILL be the same 10 events over and over.

Comment

You remind me of Jeffrey Domber from The Ringer.. stupid down syndrome'd HMS, stick to hosting 24 hr thons that 10 people go to
                        1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                        1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                        1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                        1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                        1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                        1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                        1:exquisite> ya
                        1:Ease> try skipping school
                        1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                        1:Kian> LOL EASE
                        1:Collusion> LOOL
                        1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                          maybe some people want to play a nice competitive game of base instead of playing your version of basing which would involve every ship having super with random gay arena messages by you.
                          I think i covered that in my original post. We can still have the traditional 8 versus 8 games with standard 4 spider/2 shark/1 special/1 terr, JUST hosted in a different map. OR I could have the ?go base maps change every friday like dads does with the pubs.

Comment

megaman for event coordinator y/n
                            y
                            FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
                            SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
                            TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
                            #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

n cripple for event coord.
                              1:Mattey> proof that god doesnt exist : animals can swim into your dickhole

TWLD Season 10 Champion - Syndicate

Comment

Working...
                              X