• Show
Clear All

no idea, but nicely done. Also kthx for greatest writer ever :P
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Posting it

EDIT: Done, http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202644

Comment

nice thix
        1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
        1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
        1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
        1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
        1:exquisite> like zzzzz
        1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
        1:exquisite> ya
        1:Ease> try skipping school
        1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
        1:Kian> LOL EASE
        1:Collusion> LOOL
        1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post
          Cue forum invasion to keep bumping that thread :wub:
          STARKITTY
          A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
            pd, when you started there were also a lot more people playing this game. think about how many people played this for a little while but quit because things weren't always properly explained to them. i would think a fair amount. i know a lot of the people i've tried to share this with maintain that sentiment. now that we're getting even less and less new traffic, the amount of people who actually end up sticking around goes down. i think the smart course of action would be tutorial -> advertising if we want to improve our chances of having success in repopulating this game.
            thats why i think that the trenchwars site should be a portal for new players with a zoner as they enter going

" R U an EZ N00b ? www.trenchwars.org to lurn to play " ahem

there is only so much a tutorial can teach you and most of what to learn is the momentum of the ship and bullets and the best way to get that is through experience. Unfortunatly that is carried out in a hostile pub where if you kill a levi they shout at you indignantly hurling abuse at you while they then bomb the crap pointlessly out of base.

As i've said it takes very little to rework the tw.org site to have a screenshot tutorial and hell i'd even scratch one together if it would be used.

Sometimes ppl can't even be bothered with a tuorial and only want the basics to get going, it would be easy to type out a quick guide and also a more indepth TW manual - there is allready some basing and dueling guides linked there but nothing for the new player, this is a scandle and the blood lays at your feet jeeny the meeny :fear:

I've allways answered peoples questions in public when i know the answer as do many others i see there as usualy people just ask in public rather than a ?help - so there are some helpfull people out there. Though often it's the openly hostile vocal ones continualy trashtalking that make more of an impact but it's been that way as long as i can remember it, though i see alot less ns being said than there used to be but then again pubs have compacted down to 1+1/2 now.

MOAR advertising

we need some of that internet monies
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
              MOAR advertising

we need some of that internet monies
              nt
              STARKITTY
              A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post
                I cannot see the thread? (I'm registered and all). Another way to promote is I think continuum and MLG should be partners/sponsor. After all they are the biggest gaming league out there. This would also help the population issue. I was meaning make a thread about it anways, but you beat me to it.
                TWLD Champion 2014
                TWDTB Champion 2013
                TWDTB Champion 2016
                TWDTB Champion 2017
                TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

A few ppl have pmed me about wanting to help set up the tutorial arena. It really is all up to you and your ideas of how new players should learn the pure basics and what kinds of things you teach them first, second and last. The bot is done, the map needs to be made. We had some ideas about using objons also. There were a few things that would need the bot to work with the map, but that is out of my area.

Here was my rough draft for the tutorial, maybe it will help:

?Go Tutorial

Goals:
                  -week 1: Finish wb tut-make maze, type up ship descriptions and define each area
                  -week 2: finish other ship tut’s
                  -week 3: add FFA and lvz’s (11/1/08: got to about here before project was abandoned for other duties)
                  -week 4: test and polish
                  Release Date: March 1st
                  Meetings: Tues nights and Sat.

Needs & (Notes)

1. Shooting bot/turret (various set ups for each ship)
                  2. Fire line
                  3. Doors (only open once task is completed)
                  4. Lvz showing what shot/bomb/repel/mine/etc looks like for each ship in corresponding ship tutorial room (possibly in objon form and arrow pointing to each item on screen)
                  4. Chat tutorial section –private, multiple chats (include ?find, ?help and :name: )
                  5. How to use pg up and pg down with the / PM command
                  6. ESC + A and pg up/dn to get to other arenas
                  7. Inform of A1 rules?

Room Layout- room with a # or word for the player to PM the bot and learn more (!info 1/!info thrust)

-First need an lvz/objon explaining how to PM the bot to learn more about each room:
                  -Newb enters and reads milobot entrance message. They are automatically put in as wb and milobot tells them that each room has a name. They will need to PM bot by typing :milobot:!info name to learn more. Player warped after they pm bot.
                  -Ex: :milobot:!info thrust. When they do this the bot PM’s back with some type of congratulations and tells them to move to the next room.
                  -Problems: lots of messages at once when they enter. They get welcome message, then “what is a wb” message, then the lvz/objon. Need to space it out somehow.

Rooms (main tutorial map and for wb)
                  1. Entrance room, where newb learns about PMing the bot for more info
                  2. How to move -maze, navigating around rocks and corners-timed maze, if they don’t make it they warp to beginning.
                  3. Thrust-holding thrust key and passing wormholes (depletes energy)
                  4. Firing - shooting bot Player is warped when they hit bot. Player can now go to FFA or another ship room
                  Game Basics
                  5. Energy bar- what it looks like
                  6. Team and Enemy – yellow and blue Also: how to use simple team chat ‘ //
                  7. Radar- finding enemies and base (include button for seeing entire map)
                  8. Flag- touch it and bots PMs them (include significance of holding flag)
                  9. Final room (upon entering bot PMs them with “to learn about the next ship, javelin, press ESC + 2. Bot then moves them to jav arena, or….#10
                  10. Can now type !practice to bot and be warped to a FFA area

Jav Rooms

-once in ship, bot PMs them with explanation of what a jav is

1. Firing – bomb (lvz/objon with pic and how to fire a bomb). Room should have a goal of hitting a rock/bot by using an angled shot. Should warn about power of bomb and tks.
                  2. Firing – butt bullets (same as above, include difference of bullets with and without multifire) Include explanation that these bullets are ideal for close range enemies so that they don’t kill their teammates.
                  3. Rocket – (lvz/objon with arrow pointing to rocket icon). Why they are so great.
                  4. X-Radar - (same) Javs have the ability to find and kill cloakers. Need to explain that this option drains energy. (Anyway for them to practice this by actually seeing an X appear once they turn it on?)
                  5. Practice room – (areas to practice using bomb, bullets, radar?)
                  6. Final room - (upon entering bot PMs them with “to learn about the next ship, spider, press ESC + 3. Bot then moves them to spid arena.)

Comment

Working...
                  X