New map ideas (looking for input)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New map ideas (looking for input)

Ive thought up a few map ideas. Was seeking some input, or to know if its possible for me to create these maps. Ill prolly start working on them when im finished with ?go hate the fake and ?go plade

Ideas-
    1- ?go trifecta a 3 freq map where javs can only kill wbs, wbs can only kill spids, spids can only kill javs. 10 deaths per player. First freq to kill out their targets win. (all ships use wb settings)

2- ?go juggernaut a map where its 1 person vs everyone. The goal is to kill the juggernaut within the time limit. Juggernaut would need near 100k health. Should be able to bullet once every few seconds. Very slow recharge. Most likely play against some sharks/wbs.

3- ?go Defense a zombie map where theres 4 nemos bases (in a plus sign like shape) guarding a flag in the center. Starts with 2 zombies. Humans must hold off zombies for a time limit. Maybe have the 2 starting zombies as nightwasps.

ps if this is in the wrong section feel free to move wherever also if your interested in helping with maps, testing/developing. Message me in game
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

I like the 1st idea, not sure if it's possible though

The 2nd idea has been done already ?go twboss

The 3rd idea has sorta been done already ?go zombase (but the bases are just regular bases). I think your nemosbases idea would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
      Ive thought up a few map ideas. Was seeking some input, or to know if its possible for me to create these maps. Ill prolly start working on them when im finished with ?go hate the fake and ?go plade

Ideas-
      1- ?go trifecta a 3 freq map where javs can only kill wbs, wbs can only kill spids, spids can only kill javs. 10 deaths per player. First freq to kill out their targets win. (all ships use wb settings)
      I came up with one like this called it "rock, paper, Scissors" (map at ?go RPS in dev settings are wrong they were changed never updated) and I had cfg settings that made it virtually impossible to kill the ship you weren't supposed to kill. though if three rocks or something ganged one paper they would win... any way it kind of died when my alinea had her baby and stoped updating my maps I never sent it to twmaps to get updated just basicly stoped working. got into other mmo's oh well

Comment

1- Need a bot to monitor, anyway it's rubbish since few ships can overpower others there.
        2- This kind of map was on the development, don't know what happened. Could work. (No emp though with sharks?)
        3- Could work, although dividing into many nemos isn't really great, people will split up and zombies can easily take bases one by one.
        Last edited by The Unliked One...; 10-28-2008, 07:40 AM.
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
        2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
        2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
        2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
        --
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
        1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

Originally posted by The Unliked One... View Post
          1- Need a bot to monitor, anyway it's rubbish since few ships can overpower others there.
          2- This kind of map was on the development, don't know what happened. Could work. (No emp though with sharks?)
          3- Could work, although dividing into many nemos isn't really great, people will split up and zombies can easily take bases one by one.
          1- could you possibly modify the hunt module to only "count" deaths for the specific ship type (roundabout for each person on that freq) and give it 999 non-hunted deaths with no warp on death? Might take some tweaking but seems possible from a lay standpoint. Still, it might be a dead-end as far as generating a lot of interest as there are a ton of deathmatch/elimination games out there. Make a good map for it and you could always just play other game types if it isn't a huge success.

2-would be an interesting gametype. I'd stay away from higher firing rates and possibly even from higher speed/turning for the juggernaut. The fact that it could tank shots and shoot back is probably strong enough for a juggernaut. Is the idea to become the juggernaut after killing it, or just to kill it?

3-if you make another zombie game, please make the map as small as possible to still be fun. A big problem lately seems to be people hosting a zombie event with like 20 ppl. If you could make it so that the arena only really suits 20 ppl (or possibly put doors on the other bases if there are more people?) it could be played more often and would cater more to fighting zombies than hiding in a giant arena.
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

1) Not a bad idea but not really sure who you could implement it simply through settings. I guess you could presumably do something with different levels of bullets and different amounts of energy for each ship but it would take some messing with.

Reminds me of hitmatch, but it's not at all similar so I'm not sure why.

2) Superbeast, golden gun, twboss (never heard of it). There are already similar events to this so I'd say it'd be a waste of time.

3) Zombase is pretty much this idea. I would say take the map and shrink it to a quarter of its original size so we'd have a zombies map for smaller amounts of players.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

The idea of juggernaut is to just kill the thing. The juggernaut should have tons of health, slow moving shooting and rotation. (its nothing at all like superbeast or golden gun, havent played twboss so i couldnt say) The juggernaut has 1 life whereas everyone else has infinite.

Ive never been a fan of zombase. I want a smaller nemos like base basically x4 surrounding 1 flag in the center. Basically a map like an octagon with a 4 way base inside.
              Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

Comment

Sounds like watered down Starcon without the ball then, HTF.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  Sounds like watered down Starcon without the ball then, HTF.
                  never been a fan of starcon either, however this kind of gave me an idea, make a big long base. Humans start at the top of the map, and juggernaut at the bottom. Humans must kill the juggernaut before it reaches the top of the map. Maybe also make it a ratio 1 juggernaut per 15 humans?
                  Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

Comment

how about twjd and twlj being the same
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

never been a fan of starcon either, however this kind of gave me an idea, make a big long base. Humans start at the top of the map, and juggernaut at the bottom. Humans must kill the juggernaut before it reaches the top of the map. Maybe also make it a ratio 1 juggernaut per 15 humans?
                      this would be neat

Comment

You really can't prevent that a ship type is killed by another specific ship type.
                        A bot can enforce this one way or another (for example penalizing players that kill the wrong ship) or doing a *shipreset on a player that is wrongfully killed (this will allow the player to immediatly continue on the same position). Nonetheless, it will never be a smooth gameplay like it was meant though.

(all ships use wb settings)
                        It would be more fun if you create differences between the ships but keeping the balance equal.
                        Maverick
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                        Subspace Statistics Administrator
                        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

this actually seems like a winner to me.

don't know if you'd want the humans to have infinite lives though, unless they don't spawn at the destination - it would be hard to kill 15 ppl nonstop in a narrow corridor, i'm not even sure it's mathematically possible using normal cool-down and respawn times.

also, would the juggernaut have 0 firing cost, but the normal (or similar) cool-down? This would make it so that it could fire normally and still take a set amt. of energy to kill it. If it regens and/or has a firing cost, it would make it much more unpredictible to kill.

and a small map for zombies
                          .fffffffff_____
                          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                          .fffffff\______/
                          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                          .fffff\________/
                          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                          .fff\__________/

Comment

its gonna how no regen, no terrs, talking with jord its gonna be like 5 basic stacks of track the juggernaut has to go through, with little holes to get humans to go through faster
                            Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

Comment

trifecta=3 way team hunt could be done and prize engine shutdown for killing the wrong ship
                              ?find dads revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X