No announcement yet.

Publics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking for a thread about pub... But this one seems kinda old...

I think the small weasel was better. It was one of the unique things about TW. And I like Zizzo's idea that the one with most points can be lev. Also TagMor's decoy idea was kinda nice.

I don't want to quote everything Maverick X+ said but I agree with most of it.
    Last edited by Mite; 09-09-2009, 12:59 PM.
    I like pie.

Comment

This is why fanbases exist!

One thing we should add to publics is a display of Kill % Accuracy. Alternate maps every single weekend for the duration of that weekend. Make better use of ?news and have weekly updated one-day shifts in subtleties of shipstats, areas ships can/can't go based on bounty(without getting warped), and specials on the ?buy (yes the one with points newbs don't know about yet) which can accumulate effectively. Probably as extensive an a distension bot, it would be a new saga of experimentation, just much more compact and Polled. We can be progressive it's easy.

Inevitably we are weekday traditional tw map and settings citizens and preserve the love. Binging with entertainment expansions is the only way to stop these kinds of threads sounding like this.
      The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

the golden days: before fantus coded belimbeta

I tried to get javduel going. Guess it's more and more like ?go base now. Put me in such a bad mood seeing 30 people in baseelim spec and the once-per-15-minute advertisement for javduel getting 0 turn-ups. Here is what followed:

Codeman!> i fucking hate you all
        Codeman!> kill everything to sit in spec here
        Codeman!> how fucking trash at this game can you b
        Codeman!> ruin the best zone in the oldest mmo
        Codeman!> force everyone to solo jav or nothing at all
        Codeman!> 4/50 players who would enjoy multi javs get to play
        Codeman!> thats the entire fanbase and they dont get to play multi either
        Codeman!> they play the substitute because the coding fucks the advertising
        freddie> this is almost interesting monologue
        Codeman!> it should be stickied to thiz arena when u enter
        Codeman!> [hi, killers of all other fun in tw]
        Codeman!> please sit patiently for 20 minutes and twiddle your thumbs like the jackasses you are
        Codeman!> zones dead
        Codeman!> only reason why is the only trash thats ever up

freddie> everything comes to an end

Codeman!> if someone in charge fails like a bitch
        Codeman!> people with no respect for what this was or could be must be in charge now
        Codeman!> now you get 90% of the playerbase judging themselves by their performance here
        Codeman!> not discrediting 'here' for what it is

freddie> well 90% of people are dumbasses anyway

Codeman!> that 10% who suffers could have learned better
        Codeman!> i hate this situation
        Codeman!> voicing opinions anywhere doesnt matter
        Codeman!> forums or sysops, pointless, i tried

freddie> thats true

Codeman!> everyone agrees with me
        Codeman!> but its done now, they want it done

freddie> i once made post about public
        freddie> it got zero proper replies :P

Codeman!> adam basically quitting staff
        Codeman!> their last good coder
        Codeman!> because they are the opposite of progressive
        Codeman!> only idiots left not enough people to help me whine
        Codeman!> this game is too disheartening

Codeman!> trivia plz
        Codeman!> its something right
        Codeman!> till ppl get on
        TURBAN> Na
        Codeman!> cmon u got ER
        Codeman!> id kill for ability to host triv
        TURBAN> buy my ER name then
        Codeman!> all u gotta do is sit there
        Codeman!> they monitor macid and personality etc
        Codeman!> your isp is finnish
        TURBAN> nah they don't
        TURBAN> no one cares
        Codeman!> if u just turn the bot on then many will play, and u can even go take a shit and read a book
        Codeman!> i dont see how it accosts you or anyone at all just to type the keys
        TURBAN> I don't want to log on my <ER> name nor host.
        TURBAN> I only host when I feel like it
        Codeman!> i'm petitioning to have all ERs forced to play on names that arent like their ER name, so they dont tempt us to beg while refusing out of laziness
        Codeman!> as if there is some attendance track record
        Codeman!> as if anything wouldnt be slightly better than nothing, on the boring ass wednesday mornings
        TURBAN> I don't care the slightest bit atm
        TURBAN> won't host anything, do :Eventbot:!request trivia
        TURBAN> maybe some <ER> will host for ya
        TURBAN> but I absolutely hate the <ER> tag and people begging me to host in the mornings

Baseelim or pub except between 3-7pm EST weekends. gg, fail. nice staff too - no offense TURBAN we blame the system.
        The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

Originally posted by Space_Hiker View Post
          What to do about Publics
          Who does what
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz View Post
            Who does what

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
            I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
            tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
            im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
            i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

This feature may not be something everyone here needs, but it's something the new players might want. The timer in the top right hand corner of the screen displays the score for base, but is it possible for there to be another type of menu that displays "Kills: x Deaths: x" directly below it or next to it for yourself?

Comment

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...aughing-matter-)

Comment

plz go back to pure

I propose we go back to no levis + no private freqs, in pub0
                  the other pubs can do whatever they want, but by default I think we should try and promote basing.

the last few months we had a lot of great base games almost any time of day.
                  now its back to one team dominating the mid completely while the other freq runs around in spawn and on roof with lev terrs.

I have no interest in playing lev or being killed by people that arent even on my radar.

my two cents.
                  cheers,
                  malkere

Comment

!vote
                    !vote
                    !vote

What was the problem with !vote? I know it had some bugs but they could have been worked out and I thought they were being worked out.

There isn't a large enough population to sustain two separate publics at all times. Why not use !vote? At LEAST use it when the population falls at night (EST) and there is only one pub so that if the majority of players want to lev/wb/base or whatever they actually can. This would be better than seeing people sign on, bitch for 2 minutes about how they can't play and then leave.

We should be trying to make public arenas into what the majority of players want and !vote does exactly that.
                    (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

The MVP system is retarded.

Why have the mvp system in place like it is, its silly and noone cares about it. Noone says "hey gj teamleader, you touched the flag 8 times"

Why not make the MVP system based on kills/deaths or average/points a round? it seems to me that people might actually try then if the whole zone is aware of the current badass. Not sure that it wont encourage spawing with a WB though. Maybe make it so you need at least 1 flag claim to even be nominated for mvp/teamleader.

Maybe even have the bot post a report after each round like in twbd, but only include players that played whole round and stayed in same ship.

I dont really have any fabulous ideas here, just think the current MVP system is useless.

Comment

Yes, changes to the MVP system would be great. And maybe more hype when the flag has been taken by the opposite team, or how much time is left until the round is over. Also the wait between rounds seems a little long, should only be maybe 30 seconds?

Comment

Can we get some variety in map as well? specially with these themed tile-set days like Halloween, it's just a different tile-set and the same base.
                          FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
                          Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
                          FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
                          Burzum> meaning what
                          Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
                          RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

Originally posted by Eww View Post
                            Yes, changes to the MVP system would be great.
                            Perhaps we can have a special pub base weekend where we can swap the pub map for one of the many base maps we have in reserve. Maps like subroids or boki for the weekend.
                            Celibrate
                            XXX is overrated.

Comment

OMG!! Thanks so much for adding what I suggested back in 2006.
                              http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...l=1#post495321 (part #5)
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X