Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is interested in reviving ?go #mythrandir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is interested in reviving ?go #mythrandir?

I thought I'd gauge everyone's interest... I think maybe we should bring back the underground fightclub of BDs, circa 2004.

For those of you who don't know, #mythrandir was ?go base before it was released to the public. It was hosted manually for the most part and only the people who loved basing knew about it. Personally, I think ?go base is too automated now. While I understand that automation has made basing more widely available, but with anyone able to claim captains, the quality of basing games has gone down dramatically.

I'm thinking maybe we should setup times where basing will be hosted, i.e. 8pm-10pm EST on select days, and advert this, manually select captains, and go from there. Personally I'm tired of seeing only 10 players in base asking for adverts to get enough people to start playing!

Please give me your thoughts.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

It wasn't a special arena it was just where basers would go when they got a bot there for private games. Go base was created so that basers would not need to find a bot and there are many times its empty. If there is a need for another ?go base2 is available.
    ?find dads revenge

Comment

Who's stopping you from getting your friends together in a private arena? And the fun in #mythrandir was that the game wasn't generally public knowledge, unlike this forum post, lol.

24, a few others, and I would play ?go javduel at around midnight with the same group of people. Wasn't private, but it still had the same feel.
      DELETED

Comment

I think the point is being missed...

#mythrandir, #adman and similar arenas were good because they got a lot of new players into the basing scene. The players would go into pubs and personally invite (well, via PM) pubbers into the private arena to play, which is something that doesn't happen at all anymore. That's how I got started in basing and I bet a lot of others did, too. You learn quickly when you're the only inexperienced person out of a team of 8... and have bloodzombie yelling at you for camping in the ear. :P

Putting a bot in #myrandir and then zoning it is pointless; it would just be ?go base by a different name. It shouldn't have zoners, and squads/players/pubbers should be invited in though chats or PM. Obviously it would need a staff member to host and keep an eye on it, but that doesn't involve much effort.

I don't play ?go base anymore because it's degraded into a shit fest. It would be fun to play organized skirmishes with other dedicated BD players and a few pubbers, though, which is what private basing used to be. I'm sure the basing community is big enough (and people would enjoy it enough) to make it a regular thing.

The biggest issue is that the base module on the MatchBots automatically does a zoner even for a private arena, and let's face it, it would be way too annoying to have it all done manually. It would take about 10 seconds for anyone with bot dev access to make a clone base module and comment out the zoner line, though.

I talked about bringing private basing back before I rejoined staff, and kinda forgot about it since then. Let's do it up.
        sdg

Comment

i think this'd be solid, would be trouble keeping dedicated caps for though.
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

I have to agree with Stab, it was the good old time. But I think, people are more individual than before.. playing for rank, etc.. But I may be wrong.. As stab, I lost my interest in ?go base, where I used to play 100% of my time. It's just not the same.

I suggest to test it. We just need someone from the staff and 2-3 people to bring the players! Squads don't BD everytimes, it would be an opportunity to base more!
            TW Bot Developer
            TW Web Developer
            Friends> All I saw was arobas+
            Friends> It's like death

Comment

What should we do about ?go base so people will start basing there again? Remove automatic captains? Add stats?

If we do start a private base arena again (i.e. ?go #stabwound) how should we run it?

Thx for the input, fellas.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                You learn quickly when you're the only inexperienced person out of a team of 8... and have bloodzombie yelling at you for camping in the ear. :P
                I remember my first Mythrandir. I was sharking and I had Divine Rides spamming...

Divine Rides> DONT FUCKING MINE ON THE FUCKING ATTACK FUCK
                DELETED

Comment

yes
                  https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                  1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                  1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                  1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                  1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                  1:soild>they can say what they like
                  1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                  1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
                    What should we do about ?go base so people will start basing there again? Remove automatic captains? Add stats?

If we do start a private base arena again (i.e. ?go #stabwound) how should we run it?

Thx for the input, fellas.
                    to be captain you need 500 hours of usage <--would be nice
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

seems like pallies was crucial to this whole thing. until someone else steps up again, nothing will happen
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                        seems like pallies was crucial to this whole thing. until someone else steps up again, nothing will happen
                        ^ exactly. You need a dedicated and charismatic group of people willing to dedicate the time to this. I'd vote Penetrate. They just won a title, good personalities there, already a training squad. What you say fellas, wanna run a private basing/training thing somewhat like #mythrandir?
                        7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                        7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                        7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                        7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                        1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I don't think #mythrandir or go base are necessary to train people. I trained people strictly in BDs and showed basics in intrasquad private battles (where I could more accurately correct fundamentals and what not).

I don't see how #mythrandir would help at all. The only thing that helped me start RB was to take the people that didn't get picked, not the ones that did.

Comment

#mythrandir served its purpose to allow the underground basing community to slowly grow and pick future basers to be involved in their community. Basing today is a lot more accepting of new players, and in some ways I like the fact that the attitudes of basing squads are usually a lot better than warbird and jav squads.

I think half the problem with #mythrandir and the pallies way of doing things is that it was a very elitist and close circuit operation that didn't give people the opportunity to get better and get on a decent squad. This caused the formation of squads like Rejected Basers, who worked towards training new players that wanted to learn how to base. Don't get me wrong, I loved playing in #mythrandir but today the basing community needs to be trying to get people involved in it, not keeping people out of it.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Rejected Basers doesn't need to exist anymore. You have squads like Penetrate and Brainwave that can pick up people from pubs to be more active with your players that know exactly how to base effectively and want to BD more often. RB was necessary at the time because cramming was relatively new, and the basing scene had shifted and was starting to pick up speed.

People didn't know about the basing underground, which really started before #myth in #basers, #base, #spider and the like, so it was necessary to introduce new players to it, and get them in shape in order to be picked by team captains.

Basing is like a train right now, it's moving forward at all times, and all a new player has to do is get a free ticket to get on.

Comment

Working...
                              X