Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is interested in reviving ?go #mythrandir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
    Basing is like a train right now, it's moving forward at all times, and all a new player has to do is get a free ticket to get on.
    I'm not sure if you're referring to ?go base or not, but I think this is why most (decent) players have lost interest in that arena. I mean, when was the last time you played a decent game in ?go base - with decent captains, terrs, etc? If we can somehow make that arena respectable and appealing again without bringing back private arena basing, then it's well worth a look...

edit: but as for the private arena basing, should we have a seperate chat? A bot that alerts you to a game starting? How would you guys go about setting that up?
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture View Post
      I'm not sure if you're referring to ?go base or not
      I'm not. I thought I made it pretty clear that I don't think such arenas even need to exist anymore.

Comment

I am pretty sure that pretty much forcing pubbers to play basing to some degree sorta kills the competition in ?go base and other basing leagues. If you spend a year or even six months being forced to base and decide to try another arena, it is pretty doubtful you are going to want to do something that is exactly like what you have been doing since you started playing.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
          I referenced a lot of basings ability to grow from #mythrandir to the pallies, I thought I'd acknowledge that other squads have played a major role, and in some cases an even bigger role than Pallies. Disoblige in my mind is the original Basing squad.
          In my mind, Cripples

Comment

Yeah, long before all the private basing bullshit Cripples was takin' basing to the pubs.

And basing in pubs didn't die because the pubs died, but because squads like Cripples died.

Same kind of goes for private basing (although it did get removed at one point). Private basing was popular because of the squads/people who played in those days. There was an actual basing community back then, much more laid back, much more jokes. Most of those people have quit or are playing a lot less.
            And THAT is why basing these days is maybe less fun to a lot of (old) players. I don't see what changing from ?go base to a private arena will change about that. It won't bring that nostalgic feeling back..

Comment

Crips did a lot of pubbing since that was about all there was to do back then, the first ‘season’ was really only a weekend tournament.

Mythrandir had a mystique because it was somewhat hidden and usually done by invite. The mystique was probably somewhat due to the restricted access, it always has this kind of effect (i.e night clubs).

Looking back, that mystique may have added to the popularity and growth of basing but in parallel many, many other things were changing TW as time when on. It always bothered me that TW wo0uld make multiple changes without a baseline to understand and measure the effect they were having. The evolution of TW will always be handicapped due to this and will leave open for speculation the 'what might have been' and the 'what could have been'.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                Yeah, long before all the private basing bullshit Cripples was takin' basing to the pubs.

And basing in pubs didn't die because the pubs died, but because squads like Cripples died.

Same kind of goes for private basing (although it did get removed at one point). Private basing was popular because of the squads/people who played in those days. There was an actual basing community back then, much more laid back, much more jokes. Most of those people have quit or are playing a lot less.
                And THAT is why basing these days is maybe less fun to a lot of (old) players. I don't see what changing from ?go base to a private arena will change about that. It won't bring that nostalgic feeling back..
                We didn't cram, we had javs and birds, it was good stuff. Fuck, even when we did cram, we had javs and birds. It was more fun, simply put. Basically you'd have three or four squads that didn't have enough guys and BOOM, there's your game.

A lot of good times.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Lining was just as boring eace:

Comment

But points > time race. Learn the art of the milking! don't kill the terr!!!! don't kill the TERR! TD! idiots...
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman View Post
                      don't kill the TERR! TD! idiots...
                      FUCKING WB! Stop with the TeKs!

Thanks a lot IDIOT jav, you just teamfered them and their terr is dead! Argghhhh.

*switches to all spiders*

Comment

solacer talking brookus into letting me onto A-S (after brook made me change my name from hairypencil) and getting invited to my first private basing game are easily my fondest ss memories, and probably the only i stuck around as long as i did (i probably would still play, as soon as they come out with ss for mac os).

if pubbers know about some sort of elitist basing group, it would give them something to aim towards...at least a reason to get better. Not that my input means much, but having proudly been a newbie for most (if not all) of my career, it was probably crucial in my development as a mediocre spider.

Comment

Cool guys. Well, I'm up to something. While the title says "reviving" I'm actually leaning towards something like Scurvy said, although I would need a few people to help me get started... I will update when I've contacted the people I want on this thing.
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
                            We didn't cram, we had javs and birds, it was good stuff. Fuck, even when we did cram, we had javs and birds. It was more fun, simply put. Basically you'd have three or four squads that didn't have enough guys and BOOM, there's your game.

A lot of good times.
                            too bad the only good basebirds/basejavs left in this game don't ever play base anyways, so we're left only with captains who special themselves when they really shouldn't (aka me).

I mean one of the more active basejavs left right now is daldur, and who the fuck would want to play a game in any arena with that shithead in jav
                            Originally posted by paradise!
                            pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                            1:Reaver> HALP
                            1:Reaver> HELELP
                            1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                            1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Good old times. Reading this makes me want to play again. Must have been 2002 when I first logged in... Nostalgia...

Someone make continuum available for mac already!!

Comment

Working...
                              X