Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play on a Lapop, or have a widescreen computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play on a Lapop, or have a widescreen computer?

BAM! Check http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=35534
    Why the hell am I not getting any support? Im sure 50% of you all sometimes play on a widescreen. And thats reason enough. Even 10% should be enough to enable widescreen resolutions.

1:Kawrae> i got wide screen
    1:Kawrae> i play with it
    1:Kawrae> using lower reso
    1utch_> i used to have 1280 so im not going back
    1:Kawrae> i was too
    1:Kawrae> now i play better with this one
    1:Kawrae> cant wb tho

My typos are fake
    -Kawrae

Comment

wide screen lapop

Comment

Yeah I do, and I own.

Comment

17 inch monitor, laptop no need for a bigger resolution
          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Im not asking for a bigger resolution. 1280x1024 wil still be the biggest resolution.

1280 x 1024= 1310720 pixels

And i want to play with:

1440 x 900 = 1296000 pixels
            1365 x 768 = 1049320 pixels

There is no gain whatsoever.

Comment

Thats actually a pretty distinct advantage in some circumstances, although it is a disadvantage in several as well. Either way its better to have everyone on a level playing field, so I think it should stay the same.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_ View Post
                Im not asking for a bigger resolution. 1280x1024 wil still be the biggest resolution.

1280 x 1024= 1310720 pixels

And i want to play with:

1440 x 900 = 1296000 pixels
                1365 x 768 = 1049320 pixels

There is no gain whatsoever.
                spend some money and buy a normal 4:3 widescreen monitor

simple as that

new technology is 4:3 not shitty widescreen that is just cheaper to make, I have a widescreen 4:3 monitor that plays both widescreen and 4:3 resolutions just fine

get over it newbie
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                  spend some money and buy a normal 4:3 widescreen monitor

simple as that

new technology is 4:3 not shitty widescreen that is just cheaper to make, I have a widescreen 4:3 monitor that plays both widescreen and 4:3 resolutions just fine

get over it newbie
                  Fu nerd dont call me a newbie!

"new technology is 4:3" Dont talk about things you dont know anything about. 4:3 is old. The new standards are 16:10 (16:9 for tv's). Look at console games, movies, and laptops. All widescreeners. I dont know if you can even buy a 4:3 laptop these days. Monitors yes but not allot. And why should I get a 4:3? Widescreen is better for everything else i do behind my computer.
                  You dont have a 4:3 monitor, you have a widescreen. It just doesnt stretch things out on a 4:3 resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                    Thats actually a pretty distinct advantage in some circumstances, although it is a disadvantage in several as well. Either way its better to have everyone on a level playing field, so I think it should stay the same.
                    I agree. ATM allot of ppl are playing with a handicaped resolution; 1280x800 or 1280x720. Level it out by enabling widescreen.

Comment

I don't think you understand what I am saying.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I'll explain this one time, enabling the wide screen res gives an advantage to those people in twdd/twld. Here's how it works, with that resolution you can see much further left and right and less top to bottom, players with that resolution can use their advantage by constantly fighting left to right. It's not that hard to do in twdd/TWLD and in fact, that's how most fights are done naturally because of 1) the location where players spawn and 2) the fact that the map is wider than it is tall.

'But they have less pixels to work with top to bottom?' It doesn't matter, a good warbird is going to continue moving and positioning himself and his enemy until they are side by side, it's not hard to do.

I'd only be ok with the wide screen res if they rotated twdd and twld map by 90 degree's so it's taller than it is wide.

The other thing is, the fact that the res limits are where they are at is kind of silly considering how cheap monitors are today and how common larger monitors are (I've been using a 21" or 22" CRT that I got for $50 for the past 2 years, no excuses). The only way keeping the current res limits makes sense to me is if you want to keep the style of gameplay tw has, which isn't a bad reason at all. If you wanted to change things up you could increase the res limit for everyone, maybe 1600 x 1200, but I know how whiny some of the warbirds are today and how they'd whine it out rather than try to adapt.
                        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                        3:Best> see it coming
                        3:Best> sad

Comment

I play on 1280x768 res.
                          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

1600x1200. Let's get with the times!

Comment

I play on a 15'' laptop screen on 1280x768 res. Answer me this though, why do people have such a hard time playing on a laptop compared to desktop computers?
                              9:staffeR> naw I won't make my girl swallow it
                              9:RUCCI> if its in your mouth why not swallow....
                              9:GoldDustWoman> ive never noticed the difference
                              9:staffeR> I learned after I got punch'd not to do that to a girl
                              9:RUCCI> i hit my guy in the mouth and she ran for tissues
                              9:RUCCI> GIRL
                              9:milpitas> lies
                              9:milpitas> guy
                              9:GoldDustWoman> lol
                              9:milpitas> u homo rucci
                              9:RUCCI> NO
                              9:milpitas> the truth comes out
                              9:GoldDustWoman> lololol

Comment

Working...
                              X