Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you play on a Lapop, or have a widescreen computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such bs. Basing is the least affected with widescreen. In my opinion:

TWBD: The advantages and disadvantages even eachother out. Either resolution works.

TWJD: I would rather play with 1280x1024 instead of 1440x900. Becuz I dont have enough time to dodge fast bombs comming in vertical. Having extra room horizontal doesnt help allot (bombs are just too slow to shoot long distance).

TWDD: I would rather play with 1440x900 because of the widescreen. But still it feels a bit handicapped because I got shot allot vertical and its harder to aim.

I have played multiple jds, dds, and bds to get to these conclusions. Dont talk if you havent actually played on widescreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
      The same tactic can be used against another warbird that doesn't want to fight you Left to Right.
      And the same tactic can be used when an opponent doesn't want to fight up to down...

Clearly they don't just want 1440 x 900
      All they have been asking for is 1440x900.

Something should be done but nothing will be done, TW rarely backpedals and reconsiders a decision made.
      If they made the limit 1440x900, then you wouldn't be able to play on 1280x1024. That's just the way the game is programmed. I would think a bot could be coded to stop people from using 1400x986, 1360x1024 etc...I don't think it was ever intended to allow these resolutions, so it wouldn't be backpedaling at all.

Comment

Staff

TWBD3
        BASE
        JAVDUEL

has no widescreen enabled

Comment

Staff you are all nice guys, but so fking lazy. The biggest issue I have is that noone knows widescreen is allowed. Only the few players that read this thread know. Ok this is what you do.

1. Copy the following text: Widescreen resolutions are now available in Trenchwars. The maximum allowed widescreen resolution is 1440x900.

2. Paste it in the Arena message box

3. Your all done! Go party! Get a drink! Smoke! Yay!

Comment

hi, don't really know much about resolution beyond what it is.

what's the reason for not having some square resolution?
            JUST WONDERING
            -not in game

Comment

Most screens are not square. Only alowing square resolutions would result in ugly screen stretching for widescreen screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_ View Post
                Most screens are not square. Only alowing square resolutions would result in ugly screen stretching for widescreen screens.
                yeah, but what about players who played windowed? a square resolution may useful
                -not in game

Comment

DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI EDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIED IEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE fff f

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
                    And the same tactic can be used when an opponent doesn't want to fight up to down...
                    Only for a limited amount of time.

All they have been asking for is 1440x900.
                    All they have been asking for is not all that they got, now people can use more than what they asked for and yet someone thinks this is ok?

If they made the limit 1440x900, then you wouldn't be able to play on 1280x1024. That's just the way the game is programmed. I would think a bot could be coded to stop people from using 1400x986, 1360x1024 etc...I don't think it was ever intended to allow these resolutions, so it wouldn't be backpedaling at all.
                    If what you say is true, then it makes sense to only do this resolution change after the bot has been programmed. But then again I don't expect anyone that whined about the game being unfair to come back here and defend this position because it was never about making the game fair, it was about what you wanted, what you perceived as fair.
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

Dear Staff,

Honestly, the solution of 1600x1200 resolution limit should be implemented. The current top level competition in TWLD relies on teamstray to slowly pick off the more careless or impatient team. What kind of skill is that? This dying zone needs a new influx of strategy, and a higher resolution (but not over the top like 1920 x 1080 etc) would suffice in eliminating this dependancy on teamstraying people out by giving them more time to dodge radar shots, forcing people to actually learn new strategies of outplaying the other team. The whole zone will fill once more with a fresh new desire and necessity to evolve the playing style, if one is to maintain their top performance.

Huh? Higher res means people will just play at even farther distances? Uh, what ? You do realize that higher res doesn't make radar scope increase, right? If people were already radaring with the teamstray concept, that is already the limit at which you can logically aim at a player (unless res exceeds radar scope), and thus the battles cannot go any further than that. And no, 1600x1200 is still lower than radar view range, so the ONLY thing this higher resolution would do is force people to get creative with their strategies of killing the other team.

You don't have to take my word for it, just use your head. Or, try it out. Implement 1600x1200 in a simple casual teamplay arena like wbduel and it can be tested between top players. Scared too many people will commit suicide over wbduel having a testing phase like elimbeta? Then at least just raise the limit in wbduel2 and leave it the same in wbduel. That won't kill anybody; if results prove successful as I have predicted, one arena in TWD can be made to have that res limit for those who are willing to experiment with it. Afterwards, based on success with that, more competitive arenas can convert (or not). This is the only way to get things to move forward in this zone, and help prevent playoffs from just being a matter of who's more patient that particular weekend, hence the last 6 seasons having 4 of them in TWLD be upsets.
                      Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
                      1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
                      2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
                      Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
                      Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

The whole concept of resolution is flawed in Continuum. Why should you see a
                        bigger area with a higher resolution? Is there any other game that shows a
                        greater area to play in when you change your res? Normally it just means higher
                        quality in textures and more pixels inside the same viewing area. If I changed
                        to a bigger resolution in C&C for example would I see the whole map at once
                        eventually? No. What if I was playing Continuum? Yes. 1440x res is ok for
                        widescreen viewing but going beyond that would make this another resolution
                        orientated zone among others.
                        Ara / AraGee / Death
                        SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                        TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                        ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Widescreen Computer
                          wtf is a widescreen computer

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                            wtf is a widescreen computer