Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing what a lack of skill can do for you

Okay, I just saw something weird in pub:

I was on spec, following a Terr doing his Terr things (namely acting as an attach and detach point and staying alive) and then I noticed that even though the Terr was kinda sucky (i.e.: he bumped into everything and had the hardest time just getting into the flag room) he just wouldn't die, he was like a cockroach surviving anything. He could stay alone for minutes in a mid base filled with ennemies, running circles around bullets and killing people as it was the easiest thing in the world even though the odds were highly against him. I even saw him mock a WarBird after it missed a shot, moving his ship left and right like it was saying tsk tsk tsk...

I mean, WTF is that ?

How can being so bad make you so good ?

My thoughts are it's a combination of duds and lag.. you can survive anything sometimes.

I see 10 bullets spray on my ship when terr/wb and I don't die.. recharge is pretty quick to survive even more - not thrusting or shooting helps a lot too.

Then add natural lag, I've been laggier since server change - I find both the enemy and I eat more. If I'm not shooting at them, that 'fair' lag advantage is for me only when shot at. Maybe the person was using some of his bandwidth too.

Maybe someone authoritative and in the know here will give some sort of believeable answer.

Comment

who was that terr? :P
      WMMMM0 MMMMM ZMMMMMM7iMMMMM 8MMMM a aMMMX;
      MM0;MM MM M2 M8 M SMS rM MM MM 8MMMMMMM
      MM MM8MM MM ,M MM2MM BM M0.M0 MM
      MM 8MM MM MM ;MM MM iMM: ,MM8.MM MM
      MMMMMMM MBMMMM MMMM2 MMWMMMM MMMMMMM ZMM iMM
      ra8Z2Zi :8Za2@ W, rS8ZaZB rS7 rZM 8Wa

Comment

Originally posted by BooHoo!
        who was that terr? :P
        i was also there... watching warportal
        hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
        !

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
          My thoughts are it's a combination of duds and lag.. you can survive anything sometimes.

I see 10 bullets spray on my ship when terr/wb and I don't die.. recharge is pretty quick to survive even more - not thrusting or shooting helps a lot too.

Then add natural lag, I've been laggier since server change - I find both the enemy and I eat more. If I'm not shooting at them, that 'fair' lag advantage is for me only when shot at. Maybe the person was using some of his bandwidth too.

Maybe someone authoritative and in the know here will give some sort of believeable answer.
          My lag hasnt changed a bit but i have been noticing that nme's have been eating alot now.. since the server changed

Comment

Originally posted by Spybreak!
            i was also there... watching warportal
            rofl was it really him that this guy's referring to?

Big ups WP, can't wait till you join Pallies and Mythrandir can spend his days spidering
            Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Re: Amazing what a lack of skill can do for you

Originally posted by x.X.x

he just wouldn't die , he was like a cockroach surviving anything. He could stay alone for minutes in a mid base filled with ennemies, running circles around bullets and killing people as if it was the easiest thing in the world even though the odds were highly against him. I even saw him mock a WarBird after it missed a shot, moving his ship left and right like it was saying tsk tsk tsk...

I mean, WTF is that ?

How can being so bad make you so good ?
              I'm a badass and yes when a wb misses an open shot on me i wiggle my ass at him. It's the only right thing to do.
              Last edited by warportal; 04-28-2003, 09:03 AM.
              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I find it interesting that one of the "sucky" things you think a terr does it bump into things. They have to, if they want a quick change of direction. Until Priit gives us space-brakes it's all we got.

llater,
                Tony

Comment

Sounds to me like the terrier was really good. Sometimes you lose your concentration outside base and bounce into a couple of walls or whatever, that doesn't make you a bad terr.
                  "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Re: Amazing what a lack of skill can do for you

I noticed that even though the Terr was kinda sucky (i.e.: he bumped into everything and had the hardest time just getting into the flag room) he just wouldn't die, he was like a cockroach surviving anything. He could stay alone for minutes in a mid base filled with ennemies, running circles around bullets and killing people as it was the easiest thing in the world even though the odds were highly against him. I even saw him mock a WarBird after it missed a shot, moving his ship left and right like it was saying tsk tsk tsk...
                    I like the way you campare a laggy terr to a cockroach $
                    Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Ahem, it wasn't WarPortal, WarPortal is a veteran Terr whose skills are undeniable.

I thought about lag being the reason behind what I saw and I do think it explain a least part of it but not entirely.

And the reason why I was saying he was a "sucky" Terr is that sometimes he would miss very easy shots but other times there was like no chance he would survived but yet he did.

Oh, and funny enough, his name was OMG WTF...

Ps: WarPortal, looks like you have a fan there with the booty shakin'

Comment

Ahem, it wasn't WarPortal, WarPortal is a veteran Terr whose skills are undeniable.
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

who was it then?
                          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                          There wont be another election for president.
                          Obama is the Omega President.
                          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X