Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keeps squads alive

Hello

As most of you probably know TWL is only for the best 16 squads in each division. Has anyone counted how many squads there are in TW? Well alot more than 16 and they dont have anything to play but TWD which is also for TWL squads. Asking for a match on TWD chat usually ends up by playing a good TWL squad. So if those TWD squads are not enough good for TWL why are they supposed to play TWL squads in TWD? Also there is no guarantee u will get a match when u sheulde to be on with ur teammates.
    Hockey Zone for example has RSHL for the best squads. But there are also minor leagues and tourneys open for weaker and newer squads too. HZ has about 5 times less players on average than TW but they still manage to have leagues/tourneys/championships for all squads.
    TW is known as a "newbie" zone in SS. Maybe thats just because only a small part of TW gets to play quality matches(TWL).
    Im sure there are enough squads that would like to play in any kind of league/tourney for Non-TWL squads.
    You will probably argue these Non-TWL squads have TWD but that really isn'y the same as a sheulded match. The best my squad gets out of TWD is some practice with random 4 player lineup. That excludes us to play basing. However if there would be something with sheulded matches we would ge tthe chance to play quality matches and show what we are capable of.
    If making Non-TWL league tourney is too hard at least make a way for squads to play sheulded scrimms. Like a forum section or something for squad capts/assistants to ask for scrimmages.
    This way there will be a reason for squads like mine to exist after they didnt make leagues. Also ability to play quality matches for "not that good" part of TW will help to improve.
    Just my 0,02$

-Copy
    MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

as far as i know twl squads will be taken off twd
    jee

Comment

There are many problem's if you take away TWD from TWL squads.

With TWL having only 1 round only 5 pilots will ever get the chance to play. If you took away TWD from them what would be the point of being on that squad if you was not in the top 5 pilots playing TWL?

TWL squads use TWDD for practice and allow new or lesser skilled pilots to home their skills in a competitive environment.

Many people like having competitive games every day of the
      week. TWL should be the blue ribben event at the weekends but not the only chance for people to compete against other squads.

The problem with a structured league with fixtures for non-twl squads is someone organising it and sorting out all the rest of the bullshit involved (staff, times, zone etc..). I can imagine the dropout % for anything like this would be very high making it impractical.

Comment

I can imagine the dropout % for anything like this would be very high making it impractical.
        TW is the largest zone of Subspace there more than 16 squads that wouldnt dissolve next month after created if they had a reason to exist. A small tourney lets say for 8 squads wouldnt be so hard to organise for someone who has the power to do that. But im afraid those people who could actually make this happen don't care coz they r in TWL. TWD ladder doesn't actually show how good the squad is and as i said TWD works out as a practice in best case, though usually we just get to play something Rampage like and end up losing 50-20 or playing some actually new players and beating em 50-20. If staff doesn't want to let Non-TWL squads have a league of their own how about adding an option to sheulde matches in TWD? This would also help to get more squads into basing.

Copy

Comment

I do believe that you are wrong. Give me a list of 16 active squads that aren't in TWL.
          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Lol ok here goes:
            Burning Rose
            Warpath
            Beauty
            Bohemians
            ForReal
            Evolve>d<
            **dragon**
            Unox
            Lego
            Celestial Arrow, Blade whatever
            WarAngles
            p0x
            Mist
            foda
            Wbdynasty
            Hck-limited
            Dark trinity
            ...prolly left out some plus squads that are only in one division of TWL.
            Louis i bet u prolly dont know half of these squads including mine. Thats the reason u asked me to name 16 active non-twl squads? Time to realise TW doesnt consist only of the people posting here on forums. When a person from another zone enters TW he sees newbies but how do you expect those newbies to get competetive with TWL squads and learn proper teaming/basing if theres only one decent league in TW and a practice ladder aka TWD.

Comment

lou, you just got told!

copy, there is nothing holding your squad back from schedualing (unofficially) any match with any squad for any time in twd. melee's done it a few times in basing.

i don't know if you realize how much effort is put into these leagues. last season your squad would be playing practice matches in priv arenas or begging for a host to go hold a prac game for you. you'd be playing the same squads, if not just the twl ones (non-twl squads without a purpose have a tendency to fall apart) for practice. now you can play pure-twd squads and watch your rank change as you play.

unfortunately, short of extending twl to having more squads, non-twl squads will not get the twl experience. this gives them something to strive for. to put this in perspective, melee spent all last season watching twlb with envy. we spent the first 2/3 of twbd hauling ass and getting taugh how to base by the more experienced squads, now we've made twlb. i think that's an ideal model for a squad wanting to make twl for any of the three leagues.

you mentioned hz. they are just implementing their minor league this upcomming season. my team (haunt) and our tw-comprised roster will be there, as we were in the nrhl-tourny. in my opinion, nrshl is comparable to twd, they were both to qualify for the major leagues, yet nrshl lasted what, 6 games spanning 3 weeks? i don't know how fun that is.

as is right now, twl has enough of a problem finding staff members to host it. this has alot to do with most of us being in twl, the games being held on weekends (real life), and overall laziness. best case scenario, do you see anything but a bot-operated league working?

i think twd is a great addition to trench wars. everybody gets to play. there are alot of squads with talent in tw that aren't in twl for whatever reason. you don't get better by playing worse players. play the twl squads, take advantage of twd and learn from it. twd should be as much about growing as a squad as about playing, look to your squad captain to pull you through and make your squad better as a unit.

this is twl's 2nd season in trench wars (i think). it's going through a learning curve that will effect the entire zone, let it get stabilized before asking for more. in one season we've gone from no alternative to twl to having a 24/7 twd for anybody who can put together a squad, not a bad growth rate if you ask me.

don't compare trench wars to hockey zone, the two are completely differen. our population number will always mean there are people exluded from the leagues, there are just too many. in comparison, a few rshl teams have asked me to join them for next season, leading me to believe that they are lacking players. wait til mrshl is through a season to say it is the answer, i think we'll see a whole lot more of what happened in nrshl: dissinterest from the majority of the zone, including staff. by incorporating everybody into twd, you guarantee it's continued prosperity.
              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
              Philos> there is something about you
              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I don't know if this has already been mentioned above or not (I don't feel like reading right now :P) but also....

...yes, u can name 16 non-active TWL squads that are active now but can you mention 16 non-active TWL squads that have been around for the past 6 months straight?

Fact is most squads don't even last a month and that means that there would be a constant drop-out/application rate, and with as many squads in TWD as there are now, it would be a nightmare to run it.

Also...the squads u mentioned above...like half of them have only been around for not even a month or don't even exist anymore.
                Last edited by Round; 04-29-2003, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Yup halve of this months active non-twl squads will be gone within 6 months thats a fact. The 1st few seasons on TWL were a knightmare and that was with alot more stable squads.

Comment

The subject of this thread is What keeps squads alive. Yeah alot of these squads dont last longer than a month because they dont have a reason to stay together. And anyway Burning Rose, Beauty, Unox, Warpath, LEGO, Bohemians are here for about 6 months but all they get to play is TWD. A small basing or dueling tourney should tell if this gonna work out.

Rand: If ERs(Event Referees) are too lazy to host events they dont deserve to be ERs. There are alot of people like myself who would like to host & help people but they dont even get a chance. How about squad1 capt/assistant refs squad2 vs squad3 and then squad 2 capt refs squad1 vs squad3? If they get cought cheating ban em and next ones wont dare to cheat.
                    If i sheulde a match i dont have any guarantee the other squad will show up. However if these challenges would be done by bots or by a new forum section the squad that doenst show up would get lose by forfeit. So the time for the squad that shows up isnt totally wasted.

Comment

I don't understand why TW squads never seem to stay alive as well as other ones.

Alco have managed to stay alive for 3 seasons in SVS and we have only 4/5 regular players. Yet we can remain competitive in league (6-9 record last season, just missing out on playoffs).
                      gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                      gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                      gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation
                        I don't understand why TW squads never seem to stay alive as well as other ones.

Alco have managed to stay alive for 3 seasons in SVS and we have only 4/5 regular players. Yet we can remain competitive in league (6-9 record last season, just missing out on playoffs).
                        Cybersex.
                        Originally posted by Diakka
                        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

beauty, longer than 6 months.

Comment

Squads here should feel lucky. They have a competitive system where they can call matches against anyone whenever they feel like it.

Not so long ago there was nothing.
                            gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                            gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                            gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                              this is twl's 2nd season in trench wars (i think).
                              It's actually Season 6 you newbie.

-Epi
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Working...
                              X