Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't this zone implement what EG does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
    You mean a template and then turning on the correct letters each time someone enters?
    I thought of it like that at first too but considering the amount of text they display, I seriously doubt they do it that way.

Some time ago I played with putting text on the screen like that. I noticed it was a serious impact on the client as for every letter you would have the entire alphabet configured for it.

They have
    15 names *18 letters= 270 positions * 26 letters = 7020 lvz objects
    (1st column) 5 names * 9 numbers = 45 positions * 10 numbers = 450 lvz objects
    (2nd column) 5 names * 5 numbers = 25 positions * 10 numbers = 250 lvz objects
    (3rd column) 5 names * 6 numbers = 30 positions * 10 numbers = 300 lvz objects

that would be a grand total of 8020 lvz objects. I doubt you can even make so much lvz objects.

Plus, a bot can never toggle all the needed lvz objects at once when you enter - you would surely see it being built up as the bot toggles the correct lvz objects on.

--------------------------------------

It's most likely that they use a template and then have the bot create the names and the scores column on top of it. Being that that isn't very easy to do, they might just do it completely manual every 2 weeks
    You have a good point there and the lvz might cause alot of lag, because I think someoen once tried to have stats on screen for ?go base and it created alot of lag also
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Annoying for many even if can be done without increasing lag or downloads - which I doubt.

I bet most pub players do not - and never will - care about scores and stats for their current arena let alone some elim arena or league they never play in.

Only a small minority of players are going to have much chance of making the top 5 and I am guessing they are likely to be the ones who least need incentive to play.

If you want to promote scoring and stats then keep them all on a webpage so the enthusiasts can pore over them at their leisure.

You could then have a bot infrequently spam us with the link. Most of us are used to ignoring a certain level of announcement spam anyway so this won't disrupt our game much.

Perhaps it could even spam out a message when a top 5 position changes.

These messages should come from a spambot that is never used for important messages so those who really hate all spam can happily unsubscribe or ?ignore it rather than hit esc+q and and go play something less annoying.

Comment

Working...
      X