Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xog View Post
    use paint.
    There is too many effects on them, would be too hard to edit them. Sure, I can use photoshop to change the color but still.. If someone is willing to copy their design to create their own medals, go for it! But don't forget the 30x30 limitation.
    Last edited by Arobas+; 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM.
    TW Bot Developer
    TW Web Developer
    Friends> All I saw was arobas+
    Friends> It's like death

Comment

Ah, I didn't know you were doing the coding. I can't wait for this feature to be implemented. I really hope it's a cross-zone feature! I don't have internet at my house yet, and no photoshop here at the firm (that im allowed to use, anyway), so I can't really do anything beyond providing some samples that you guys can work with. Is it at all possible to use different dimentions other than 20x20? Perhaps, for those larger badges? I can't see the harm in doing it (even if you're worried about bandwidth)

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
        Ah, I didn't know you were doing the coding. I can't wait for this feature to be implemented. I really hope it's a cross-zone feature!
        It won't be that big.. ok here's some hint? : One of the medal will be "Baseelim +100 wins" and another "TWLJ Champion Season 3", etc.. etc.. Medals won't be given online in-game (A bot won't tell you : "you've just won a medal").
        TW Bot Developer
        TW Web Developer
        Friends> It's like death

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
          It won't be that big.. ok here's some hint? : One of the medal will be "Baseelim +100 wins" and another "TWLJ Champion Season 3", etc.. etc.. Medals won't be given online in-game (A bot won't tell you : "you've just won a medal").

And with Arobas+'s words, Xog's world comes crashing down...

Comment

http://bbs.gamesoft.com.cn/dispbbs.a...=650&ID=458027

Stolen from a chinese game called Crazy Arcade. Feel free to ignore all the chinese and just observe the pretty medals. There is about 450 medals in total and they can get pretty fucking cool if you ask me :-) These medals are essentially the leveling up achievements you get in that game. Basically the system they use is add 1 stripe to the medal per lvl, then change colors, then do stripes again until they run out of colors, then they change medals.

There are 10 different medals and each medal has 3 colors: bronze, silver, gold. That comes up to about 30 medals, and then each of those color'd medals has a different color stripe at bottom: grey, green, orange, blue, red. I'd say that's a pretty good number of medals to steal from

Unfortunately, they are all 16x16 so it might take a tiny bit of work (I suck with pixel art and photoshop) to get them to be the right size and you'll probably need to pick which medals you want (seeing as there are 450....).

Hope this solves your problem!

Comment

Those badges are pretty awesome crea, I have some nice inspiration for new ones. I will give this a shot when I finish client work and other projects.
              (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
              5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
              1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
              1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

i made a bunch, if you like i can make more easily, howeverrr i don't really know what it's for, little more direction would be okay. : P

oh lovely image limit, well..
                http://members.lycos.nl/agiosnikolaos/airforce.bmp
                http://members.lycos.nl/agiosnikolaos/legionofmerit.bmp
                you get the idea..

Comment

and a bunch of 'ship'-medals:

http://members.lycos.nl/agiosnikolaos/sharkstar.bmp
                  http://members.lycos.nl/agiosnikolaos/javstar.bmp

I got them all in .png as well.. w/e

Comment

Those are nice Dabram. I think 20x20 is really too small. I changed it to 30x30. But "less important" medals can be smaller.

We will need at least 3 differents kind of medal for (TWLB, TWLJ, TWLD). A number will be added to represent the season. Medals will be given also for TWEL, TWRC, BWC, and special event. Some of them will represent an achievement like +100 wins in baseelim/elim. Etc.. etc..
                    TW Bot Developer
                    TW Web Developer
                    Friends> It's like death

Comment

will there be a medal for 4time runner up twld champion
                      3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

I think you should have lots of elim/baseelim medals. It will encourage more people to play. Rank in top 5 after a reset. Top ranking. 20 killing streak. Consecutive wins. I truly think this will save continuum. I have tons of ideas for medals so just ask if you need any ideas.
                        3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

This should be the medal of honor!
                          Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Working...
                          X