The more things change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The more things change?

Over the years I've seen posts decrying the decline of quality play in TW. For the most part, I didn't consider them seriously, believing that TW was indeed cyclic. The general ‘ebb and flow’ of the TW community seemed to be following some complex and undefined on-line sociology.
    However, I am now of the belief that there may indeed truly be a decline in recent months. I am probably not close enough to be able to completely understand the exact causes of this, but I certainly see the symptoms. I’m not going to sit here and pick apart the ‘broken’ things in TW, I respect those are willing to donate the time and effort it takes to staff.

I will say, however, that TW has a huge amount of diversity, ‘sub-games’ if you will, that add to the complexity and overhead of managing such a community. I wonder if TW has grown too complex for it’s own good? Perhaps it might be time to consider ‘downsizing’, concentrating on doing fewer things better. Once achieved, then slowly add back in the most popular venues. Note that I am not advocating shrinking things down to 3-4 arenas, or one just one league or one season. I am only suggesting that at some point TW may become too big for it’s own long-term good.

Just when I thought that this game was improving due to its variety, a boomerang comes around and knocks me on the back of the head.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I officially hate "clever" maps like the new turretwarz...

-RR

Comment

Lots of subarenas are good, the problem is caused by too little staff to do hosting. Pure Luck and Mr 420 are the only ones I've seen hosting in the last 2 weeks.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have not played a subarena event in 2 years. I come to TW to play TW, not some other crap. Maybe I'm just too lazy to wait for the map download...
          'vet' is the new 'newb'.
          sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

they took out the one subarena I loved. Not counting the league affiliated ones (twx, xlim, base)

Comment

I know this is going to spark a torrent of a rage and abuse, but why was speedball removed?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                I don't know about the rest of you, but I have not played a subarena event in 2 years. I come to TW to play TW, not some other crap. Maybe I'm just too lazy to wait for the map download...
                same, i just always check out new maps/events superdave made, that guy owns on map/event-making. too bad the people that are attracted by events are newbies who can't play em right unless the events are too simple.

Comment

Give me mod, and ill host some shit

oh, I might ban 1 or 2 ppl too..
                  $$$

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
                    I officially hate "clever" maps like the new turretwarz...

-RR
                    I officially hate "stupid" fucks like RabbitRapist.
                    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX
                      I officially hate "stupid" fucks like RabbitRapist.
                      ew ew ew, Pollux called RR a stupid fuck...

MOVE IT TO THRASH TALK ------>

here we GOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV
                        You should check out ?go saucers , thought it'll be prolly the longest download on TW -_-

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
                        1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
                        1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
                        1:Zloy> Why
                        1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

Don't think its as big as ?go gravbomber
                          Warpath

Comment

Someone should put all the lvz maps to the downloads section of tw.org

ps: Do the old maps work well or do I have to download all maps again for .038? Too lazy to test
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                            X