• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insight into the deep thoughts of No Surrender

1:SaVaGeD> two people from our squad left to go to another squad
    1:Sinister Urge> and?
    1:Sinister Urge> this means ?
    1:SaVaGeD> that apparently ns is not good enough for them otherwise they would have no reason to leave
    1:Sinister Urge> i wouldnt say that is what they where thinking as we have no clue
    1:Sinister Urge> what i can say is it all rolls down to the fact that squads will have some coming and going
    1:Sinister Urge> but loyalty is important
    1:Sinister Urge> some of us have it some of us do not
    1:Sinister Urge> all we can do is press on
    1:LaRaMaC tHe HaTeD> well said
    1:SaVaGeD> they could have said it in a better way instead of saying "i'm not having any fun"
    1:SaVaGeD> it's like saying I've had better sex
    1:Sinister Urge> true but maybe its true they where not happy
    1:Sinister Urge> is that something we can change for them? 1:SaVaGeD> all that matters to me is that i'm having fun
    1:Sinister Urge> all we can do is be what we are a group of friends
    1:Sinister Urge> weather or not they are happy is for them to do
    1:Sinister Urge> its unfair for anyone here to exspect we make them happy
    1:Sinister Urge> is all im saying they need to find there own happiness
    1:Sinister Urge> friends are happy being together even if everything around them is shit
    1:SaVaGeD> tis the problem with today's society
    1:Sinister Urge> maybe they need to learn how to be happy with themselves first
    1:Cadet Hunter> this is the deepest conversation i've ever seen
    1:SaVaGeD> and you came into the end of it
    Shhhh.

that's gotta be the first log i've ever seen without "newb, lag, etc" although there was a reference to sex

wow...people in this game do have intelligent conversations!
    Ну вот...

Comment

Don't eyefuck me.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

i knew there were sane squads out there!

when i was head of aiwa, i saw pretty much the same. They get an offer from some really great squad asking them to join, they run off, and then that awesome squad dissolves and they're left squadless. sometimes they even want back on the original squad... but it sucks to be left, no matter how big your squad is ya hate to lose even one great player.

btw, congrats on your squad being one of the best on trench wars, awesome stats! Great job in chosing your teammates

Comment

Face, i really just laughed out loud. good game.
          Shhhh.

Comment

I always get flamed for asking about or trying to define a “mission statement” for a squad.
            Frankly, this is the most basic requirement for a group of people trying to accomplish something, whether it is a SS squad, a coin club, a ball team, or a business. This is important because things often boil down to, “Are we having fun?” or “Do we recruit so-and-so, he’s a great player but an idiot?” or “Who should we play in this match?” (rewarding which kind of player behavior). A “mission statement” simply describes what the objective is for the squad. Has anyone ever joined a squad thinking that what everyone wanted was to win a season but it turned out that the purpose of the squad was really a sandbox for an egotistical individual? I actually had someone once tell me that he thought the purpose of the squad we were on was to “screw with the other squads”.

Without everyone understanding ‘up-front’ the purpose of the squad, things always fall apart. Every squad I’ve seen eventually has this discussion. The first squad to:
            - define the objective of the squad and communicate it
            - define the plan of how to achieve that objective
            - have a group (caps and asst.- caps) that fairly implements the plan
            will absolutely own this game and these leagues. Until that time (or if it ever happens), squads will continue to simply be random groupings of good players. The quality of the squads and squad play will continue to vacillate, with those who have at least some of the above in place winning more than the others.

Comment

being nice isnt enough.. u gotta win..

-RR

Comment

pallies had a mission statement once.. but I forget what it was. Something to do with catching bees with a tiny net, or fucking cows. I dunno, it'll come to me later.
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                  pallies had a mission statement once.. but I forget what it was. Something to do with catching bees with a tiny net, or fucking cows. I dunno, it'll come to me later.
                  According to div it was to score some sweet sweet internet pussy.

Comment

I'd assume that any SS squad mission statement would be a farce...and generally funny, who woulda thunk someone would be serious with one?
                    Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                      According to div it was to score some sweet sweet internet pussy.
                      we'll go with that then.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

ne1 wanna cyber?
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Hell, I leave for a good offer. Who cares about loyalty and fun?
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                            ne1 wanna cyber?
                            Shhhhh :X

Comment

I'm game

Edit: Just realised I've replied to a dead topic. Topic closed.
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X