lazy useless staff....yet again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazy useless staff....yet again

Davie> ?help for some reason on tw, the sound keeps cutting between working on both speakers, then only 1, then sometimes just no sound at all. anyone that can help?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    small wait
    ?go pub
    Welcome to SSCU Trench Wars! Visit http://www.trenchwars.org for Zone Information
    RoboBoy> Welcome to Pub. Private Freqs: [NO] Timed pub: [ON]
    RoboBoy> Ship restrictions: Leviathans disabled.
    RoboBoy> Commands: !warp !terr !team !ship <#> !clearmines
    RoboBoy> ROUND 1 Stats: Freq 0 holding for 2:56, needs 0:04 more. [Time: 8:14] Score: 0 - 0
    END OF ROUND 1: Freq 0 wins after 8:18 (24 bounty bonus) Score: 1 - 0
    MVPs (+ claims): pascone
    Gorzonac> heh
    Davie> *
    The Fuzz> tank uch?
    Round 2 begins in 1:30. (Score: 1 - 0) Type !warp to set warp status, or send !help
    LordGore> !team
    The Fuzz> wow
    BeerBong> 68
    DaShysta> !team
    MODERATOR WARNING: Racism is not tolerated here. Continue to use it and you'll be banned. -Stabwound
    LordGore> !team
    :stabwound:so noone is free to respond to my help ticket, but can respond to an automated alert

stabwound didnt even bother replying.

The last 2 times i have submitted a valid help request, noone has bothered responding despite it being busier periods and staff being online (as they were in arenas playing, and chatting on redchat)

Seriously, what is the fucking point in having them if all they will do is responding to automated alerts from the bots.

Get some new staff in that will actually do some work instead of these power hungry retards that are currently in place
    Last edited by Kolar; 11-29-2009, 04:26 PM.
    5:ZeUs!!> http://www.mikejeapes.twzone.net/images2/me_title.JPG
    5:sexy wooden spoon> when did u erm, win the title?
    5:ZeUs!!> yeah im a black man
    5:ZeUs!!> i won it back in 98 when i absolutely battered Evander Holyfield
    5:Superted> you look a lot whiter in your drinking pics
    5:ZeUs!!> i mullered him
    5:sexy wooden spoon> did u bite his ear?
    5:ZeUs!!> I bit his whole fucking head off
    5:ZeUs!!> he needed 56 stitches after that

Use the Tech Support/Help subforum here http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Comment

First of all your initial ?help call was beyond retarded. Why are you making a help call with something that is obviously wrong with your hardware. Faulty audio cable perhaps? They probably laughed at you in staff chat before doing more important things like watching paint dry than answering such a dumb call.

I'm not even going to bother telling you why you got warned right away. Keyword: stupidity.
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
        First of all your initial ?help call was beyond retarded. Why are you making a help call with something that is obviously wrong with your hardware. Faulty audio cable perhaps? They probably laughed at you in staff chat before doing more important things like watching paint dry than answering such a dumb call.

I'm not even going to bother telling you why you got warned right away. Keyword: stupidity.
        noah, stfu. its not a hardware fault - unless my hardware is clever enough to fuck the sound up for tw only, and nothing else.

im not complaining about the warn if you read the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
          Use the Tech Support/Help subforum here http://forums.trenchwars.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5
          thanks kolar, nice to know that someone is capable of providing constructive input

Comment

Actually Davie Noah is right. It is probably a hardware fault or at least something wrong on your end. I've never heard of a problem like that effecting only Continuum so likely no one on chat at the time knew what to suggest. It's not a technical support line. I also don't like people attempting to use legitimate problems to gripe about getting a retarded warning but whatever, I'll leave it open.

Comment

im not moaning about the warning. again, you would see that if you read it. thats just proving the point staff are around but dont respond to help calls.

Its not a hardware fault. Every other part of the computer runs fine - I work as a network administrator so I would like to think I can tell whether i've got a hardware problem. Anyway, this thread isn't looking for solutions to the sound issue.

Even if noone on staff knew what the problem was, theres nothing stopping them from a quick pm saying "sorry we dont know". or as you did and point to the tech help forums. I put in a pretty standard help request the other day which was something tw staff could deal with, and didn't get a response then either. I know other people have suffered this problem as highlighted in other threads.

The whole idea of ?help is surprisingly to get help. A few years ago, all ?help calls would of been answered pretty much straight away (normally by a ZH), however now, staff don't seem to care. In the "objectives of trenchwars" page on the site it even highlights this...

"-To allow worldwide accessibility to the zone, creating a diverse populated zone, but not just based on player location, but personality, age and gender. There will also be sufficient staff online at all times, so that player’s requests and questions can be acted upon as quickly as possible."

Its common to blame other games like WoW and Cod for the decline in player numbers, but the fact that most staff have become so useless will have also contributed to this. Although noone on here will admit it because they are either staff, or kiss asses
              Last edited by davie; 11-29-2009, 06:34 PM.

Comment

The community is the only thing that has kept this game alive which has faded overtime because most people are moving to newer games. People aren't quitting because of unanswered help calls. I think cheater calls take priority, specifically those where players are actively disrupting game-play. That's why we restructured staff so there would be more Moderators focusing on that. That doesn't mean there's less people to take help calls as it's all of their responsibility, there's just less staff around in general.

Comment

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                    HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN????????????????

i don't remember seeing any help call, probably because i was getting mvps
                    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Acctually i seem to remember this has happened before I think typing:
                      ?sound=0 then
                      ?sound=10 can sometimes fix it...

Either way I think ?help should be answered with something...its frustrating to feel ignored...maybe we should bring back the <zh> :fear:

Maybe a new !tell tech support, that redirects to the forum might be useful for staff.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

the Client's sound is not as perfect as you think it is. Sometimes i cant hear prize noises, etc. etc..

Another thing is, the job of staff is to assist and moderate the community, even if someone were to ask the question, it is the duty of the responding staff to help to his best knowledge of this situation. I have asked about vista os issues I've had in the past and have gotten some help with graphics card info on NVidia because of Trench Wars staff.

Want to know why staff looks lazy now? They dropped the ZH rank in staff, the people who helped with help calls. It was their job and mostly theirs, and to have it taken away is to really cripple the whole basis of help calls.
                        [Nov 07 11:13] RuBbEr BoMb: all your base belong to us

Comment

i ask questions like that all the time, i never get answers. Anyways, asking for the above and beyond from staff is like expecting the pirates to win the pennant.
                          4:BigKing> xD
                          4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                          4:BigKing> what did i do???
                          4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                          4:BigKing> ???? why though
                          4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                          4:BigKing> xD

Comment

sigpic

Im gonna slash and gash, rip another hole in your ass.
                            I'll smear blood on the walls and then play
                            tennis with your balls, and if the phone rings dont answer the caLL.
                            im gonna slit yo throat, fuk u like a goat
                            i'LL rip yo fore skin off and make a winter coat. PEACE!

Comment

Staff is pretty bad, but if you need staff help in this game then you are retarded.

Comment

Working...
                              X