Levs in Pure Pub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levs in Pure Pub?

Okay let us rethink this a bit. First off I wanna say that I talked to a staffer about this and they told me the decision "Was something to please the levs and the basers."

I am hoping that this change isn't permanent, because I have officially stopped playing pub until levs aren't allowed in pure pub. If people who like to play levs want to play, they always have the other pub. If pure pub is meant for basing, there is no way that any FR battle longer than 2 mins is going to happen because all there is needed is 1 lev bomb to kill BOTH of the teams. This means that levs are being catered to in both public arenas and basers are catered to none.

Reply and gimme your opinions on how wrong/right I am, even call me fag if you want. But I want to hear what you guys think.
    Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

I'm not quite sure but I do believe the levis in pure pub are an on-off thing. Sometimes they're allowed sometimes they're not.

Comment

No levi's are the reason I play purepub
      1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
      Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
      1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
      1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
      beam> stfu tsunami
      Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
      beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
      Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

Love those lil blue ships!
        sigpic

Comment

OK so I played pub for about 45 mins.

It was really annoying constantly having to look out for levs, and getting tked by javs, but I can put up with it. Nothing a terr with spiders and anti can't get eliminate.

Con: I guess it is a deterrent to new players who might not want to keep blowing up from random blue bombs all the time.
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

remove levs

bring back the old weasel, I wonder which person made the decision on removing them

Comment

oh cool.

i kind of liked playing pure pub every now and then. too many javs, but youll have that.

well, if levs are in there no reason to really play all that much.

i thought people played pure pub to get away from levs and get somewhat of a structured basing game?

i dont spend time in the other pub. why arent the levs happy there?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                i dont spend time in the other pub. why arent the levs happy there?
                because im pretty sure only the newbie players actually play there. why would you want to try to play a basing match when out of nowhere half the base blows up at random? Most of the time there's nothing you can do to prevent being killed by a levi

Comment

I agree with the randomness of levi bombs being a pain in the butt but I will give this change a fair try and see if I like it or not. Avoiding dying from levi bombs is almost impossible but here where the skilled might shine and show what is needed to be done to survive such attacks. I'll get back to this post in a few weeks.

Comment

well there goes my fun in pub again :/

LT's are ridiculously overpowered and always have been, now that the game is shrinking it's even more a pain in the ass and less to do in the game
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Atleast you don't have questionably aged girls hitting on you in the pub.

Comment

Whats really lame IMO is this constant singular droning sound of a thousand newbies crying all at once. For the past 2 or so years this droning sound has gotten louder and more unified.
                        Maybe it is time to change the game to appease the new pussy gamer generation.

Prior to purepub, pre-2003 or somewhere around there, the most fun in game was lt base bombers. People would get pissed which made it delicious, staff was always in game as <zh> keeping tabs on intentional tkers, people bitched but only because they got OWNZD. We didn't have a no levi zone for at least 3 years so everyone just played better then, got along better and teams were stronger. Now adays, you get teams over dominated by javs because it's so goddamn boring. Staff has done some great things with idle speccer time limit, timed base, mpv status and ship changes. Just take it further remove levis, re-restrict jav bombs and increase pubs arena size to 40.
                        Can't bring back the past you only only train the future.

-A
                        Originally posted by Dr. Snyder
                        I think pure pubs started the problem but regardless it looks like the LTers have died out so why doesn't anyone come up with an idea soley based on bring the newbs to this game. Fuck the vets this zone is dying cause people who have been playing to long can't stand change. Because this zone is some teri shivo shit right now and I gots no problem with knifing babies but leave the bitch alone.

Comment

No levs, bring back small weasel, put colours back so you can see the ears etc

ALmost everyone in there will say that is what they want
                          LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

I'm with ffe, I've stopped playing pub as I don't really see the point in having a competitive "basing" game when a levi bomb destroys 1/2 the flagroom while his 2nd finishes it off. If you guys want to keep the first pub as anything goes, that's fine but don't make them both suck
                            2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                            Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                            Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                            Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                            1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

Levi pilots represent! I noticed during levi in pub 0 time on Monday, the population went up. I liked that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X