How to save ?go base/twdb/twlb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by riske View Post
    People who like that type of thing are going to play fantasy/rpg type games. Not real time shooting games.

You do not give people who have more experience advantages(ie shit they bought) that will only make new people who don't have those guns(or the experience) get owned, get frustrated, and quit. the game is hard enough to learn already.
    There are lots of action games that incorporate gaining "experience" and upgrades over time and that sort of thing. Borderlands, Modern Warfare 2 (and to a lesser extent, Team Fortress 2) being examples of popular non fantasy/rpg games that do this kind of thing.

Also, as for your second point, it would be simple to set up pubs that separate players based on their "ranking", IE only newbies in pub 0, slightly more experienced in pub 1, etc.

Anyway, all I was trying to say is that someone needs to be done to rejuvinate pubs and keep new players that try the game. We have a high turnover rate for new players, and that is clearly due to the pub not being appealing enough for whatever reason. This is the area that needs to be attacked, and looking at ?go base/twd/twl/whatever is going after the side-effects rather than the real problem.
    sdg

Comment

The issue isnt the game itself, its the advertising, and vain graphic loving gamers.

People aren't quitting this game and thinking "Well I would have kept playing if I had to spend hours earning the ships/guns." People are quitting the game because it's hard, not a lot of people play it, and it isn't shiny like new games.

The games you mention; the people who play would surely rather be able to use everything without having to earn it, and they'd still play because its playing against opponents that's fun.

Comment

I think a master reset is just what we need. The last squad/name reset we had was in 2003.
        Seriously, which old player who's cap, is going to recruit someone to the squad who has a long name with numbers and underscores in their name to a squad. It just won't happen, no matter how good the player is.
        Tobey Maguire got bit by a spider, me? Must’ve got bit by a goat

- The best player to every play the game....Will duel any 10* who thinks otherwise.

Comment

yeah i mean come on we're being forced to use the name Freebie, how crap is that!

Stabwound its SOMETHING NOT SOMEONE OMG JUST WATCHED YOU USE IT TWICE AND I WANT TO HEADBUTT A WALL, thanks.
          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Working...
          X