Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abridged Shark guide. Ask questions and get them answered eventually.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

constantly rep in whatever ship you are in

Comment

mattey is far from a bencher
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
      DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
      DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
      1:waven> is if im going to prison
      1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        what's worse, he didn't say a word about it. at least when i left freebie (well before twl mind you) i had the decency to come and talk to you about it first, paul.
        http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...need-some-help

You might've talked to paul, but I was assuming that joining freebie right before twl meant you would stay for twl. Imagine my surprise when I saw this post. Hey, at least you might get to shark a few games on sweet now. And I wouldn't call two weeks "well before twl." At this point most rosters are set or close to set and recruiting new players is difficult.

/offtopic

Nice guide!
        http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          Sweets just glad that QS isn't back to put them in their place yet again this season.

Now that better players aren't playing they might be able to make semi finals or something.
          Kthx is speaking from experience here since QS finally made it to the finals because of the lack of top level competition last season and thus earning the right to look down on Sweet this season.
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by saetep View Post
            http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...need-some-help

You might've talked to paul, but I was assuming that joining freebie right before twl meant you would stay for twl. Imagine my surprise when I saw this post. Hey, at least you might get to shark a few games on sweet now. And I wouldn't call two weeks "well before twl." At this point most rosters are set or close to set and recruiting new players is difficult.

/offtopic

Nice guide!
            i wanted to shark with jeen to gain some knowledge and get better. freebie didn't have any especially good sharks to learn from. looks like karma is having its way with me now though. i'm getting my just desserts.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
              mattey is far from a bencher
              so is pretty much your entire roster

dice - talent whoring its way to its 238423572895th twlb title

yawn
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

lucky i retired from sharking.
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                  Kthx is speaking from experience here since QS finally made it to the finals because of the lack of top level competition last season and thus earning the right to look down on Sweet this season.
                  I would think even more top level competition is missing this season.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i wanted to shark with jeen to gain some knowledge and get better. freebie didn't have any especially good sharks to learn from. looks like karma is having its way with me now though. i'm getting my just desserts.
                    Don't worry Jason, I will teach you the ways of the ocean predator
                    Dice
                    TWLB Champions Season 8
                    TWLJ Champions Season 8
                    TWLB Champions Season 10
                    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      I would think even more top level competition is missing this season.
                      we are so lucky 'squad!!' isn't around anymore
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

so is pretty much your entire roster

dice - talent whoring its way to its 238423572895th twlb title

yawn
                        can't help I'm an amazing captain
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

disclaimer: i'm not being sarcastic!

i completely agree with you, mega. i watched you come up from nothing, outta nowhere, and you built a dynasty. i can't do anything but give you props for that.

all i'm saying is, twl seems to be getting more and more boring with each passing season. the same people shack up after every off-season on usually 2 (maybe 3) squads and titles are passed out like biscuits at the soup kitchen. they don't feel as meaningful.

of course, you can't blame a core group of guys for wanting to stay together. that's human nature, and besides, it just makes sense.

no one (except the home team fans) likes it when the same team or two in pro sports keeps winning year after year. fuck you new england patriots. i'm looking at you. fuck you new york yankees. looking at you too. and that's where we're at with twl now.

it would be fun if twl were amended to include a draft. force the talent to scatter. it'll never happen though. the game will die before enough people are willing to try it out. (and i'm not talking about a clone of twdt. i'd say you give the perennial squad caps like mega and vati and ease and so on a chance to pick maybe 5 core players to put around them. and then everyone else is put into a draft pool. anyway, just spitballing and rambling at this point.)
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

if you guys have trouble playing shark then you probably suck at continuum

basing is the easiest zone ever invented and shark is the easiest ship ever invented.

i hate basing.

thank you to mattey for writing up a gr8 essay that is relatively correct for all the incompetent noops out there

Comment

yeah basing sucks! exiut this thread quickly!
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

actually, there is one thing that i don't agree with in this guide and that is the attach key that you're suggesting. no doubt, having an easier attach key should (and will) benefit most of the players, but unfortunately that is not the case for me. over the years i have developed myself an unique way of playing this game. there is no way to normally play on a Logitech G15 keyboard. sure, it's a nice keyboard and feels great, but its anti-ghosting and key prioritizing is pure horror. none the less, when i play the game my fingers move faster than a Koreans in a Starcraft Tournament Final.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2mexv61.jpg: that is what my keyboard looks like. it's different from the standard Logitech G15 (UK/US) versions and has a way smaller left (which is why i prefer the right shift). no idea why i haven't changed keyboards yet.. this is a great keyboard, feels great and all that, but it's just not suitable for playing games that require simultaneous key presses. have to move fingers fucking fast and have good reflexes to keep a great ship control, which is why i'm capable of dodging with high precision. :P

f- need to start rereading my posts. and rewriting. another clusterfuck of bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X