Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you want to see in a forum skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you want to see in a forum skin?

i've been asked to put together a forum skin. it's about time. we switched to vb 4 something like a year ago and we're still using this basic shit.

i may be matching the forums up to the look and feel of tw.org, or if the community at large would prefer something else, well then i can do that instead.

so what are you looking for in a forum skin?
    Last edited by Jason; 12-11-2010, 04:28 PM. Reason: wanted to note that i only *may* match up to tw.org considering tw.org is due for a refresh
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

boobs
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
      boobs
      this

Comment

I like the twd.org skin personally, the font color is really easy to read on the dark background.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

please change ww2 soldiers to tw spaceships

jason is on the fukin ball son, making squads new skins clopsing threads at the very last possible moment tw is saved its gold jerry

Comment

Something easy on the eyes without weird gradients when we do (code) or other functions. Use your discretion on colors, I trust - dark backgrounds with lighter fonts, etc.

And yeah, change that top banner.. it makes no sense unless it's world war two trench warfare which is kinda lame considering this is about space ships.
            thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

the biggest issue is continuity. pretty much every site related to tw, each was designed by a different guy. it's hard to pick which look the forums should match up with. i agree about twd.org, though. that design is very clean and easily readable.

soon i'll be getting together with aro and zazu to discuss a much needed refresh of tw.org. so i'm hesitant to match up the forums to the look of tw.org if we'll just be changing the look of tw.org in the semi-near future.

at the very least, this basic, generic shit definitely has to go. i'm going to start to get serious about this forum skin just after the holidays. it's too crazy to dive headfirst into it until after the new year.

please keep ideas coming. i assure you if there's anything i can do to make the look and feel more agreeable to you guys (the people actually using the forums) then that's what i'm gonna do.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i can safely assume that the general consensus is that we prefer lighter text on a darker background?

after all, we're all nerds browsing the forums in the wee hours of the morning. hurts to look at a bright screen in the dark.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

definitely dark background light text, just try to get it back to the way it was eh

Comment

it's been so long i honestly forget some of the old looks prior to us upgrading to vb4

if anyone has screenshots, that'd be awesome
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

i would actually prefer something minimalist and white-on-dark, but as long as you keep this skin as an option i am ok

my sensitive eyes
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

forums.trenchwars.org/mobile

thanks
                        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Am I the only person who would rather read dark text on a light background?
                          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                          1:Chao <ER>> at all
                          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                            forums.trenchwars.org/mobile

thanks
                            i'll have to look into mobile templating

making a mobile version of a site is pretty much an all-out rewrite

not a quick-n-dirty task
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

dicks
                              sigpic
                              All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Working...
                              X