Intellectual Discussion About Pure Pub & Original Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellectual Discussion About Pure Pub & Original Map

I've been playing TW since 2001 or something like that, hell I don't even remember. I logged in after 2 years of break and wanted to have the good old fun on pub. But what the shit? Original map has been replaced? No pure pub? Shitty levs? I mean what the hell man we've been playing the same goddamn map since all these years. It's like a gigantic FUCK YOU to the old pubbers. (Ok I have to admit there's nothing intellectual about this discussion and the title is purely misleading)

Pub is something else. It's not like twbd or any other kind of shit. Pub is both natural and competitve. It's not just some place to fuck around or practise. At least make two pubs, the current one and the original pure pub. I'm aware that probably there had been many topics about this in the past, but hell it's the first time I'm registering to the forums. Shit, I grow up pubbing. Most of us were dumb kids but we had one passion in common: the joyous extacy of pure pubbing. I'm starting to get fucking emotional I'll cut the crap now.

Don't dismiss old pubbers so easily, after all these years. Seriously man.

welcome to sscu trench wars, enjoy your stay!!!

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Yeah bro I feel you, I have been using the same toothbrush for the last 20 years because I can't seem to let it go and buy a new one, it only has like one or two bristles left but fuck man its bullshit that people try to buy me new toothbrushes. Who cares if I only have five teeth left, going to keep using that one toothbrush until im dead.

IE:

The old pub system was broken, it was one map with 35 players, a second pub with 6 players in it that all players entered into when they came into the zone and everyone spent their time trying to get into the first pub. Staff made the (right) decision to combine the two and make a slightly larger map in which they had to change the layout for a bit, levi's are still being worked on and are a work in progress, and its much easier to kill them now that the random player can buy a thor to kill them through walls. Anyways the pub population during busy hours is around 70 or more now and I have never seen it lower than 20 even during the deadest of times in TW which means that the one pub is drawing in almost twice as many players as it was before. So for everyone person we have whining about it, there are obviously more people enjoying pub now than there were up until probably 4-5 years ago when we actually had two full pubs and a third slightly full pub during peak hours.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Maybe the new pub could be edited with some gates to decrease the size of pub if a certain number of people aren't playing. There are certain times of night that the pub will fall under 25 people, and this new map is too large for that small of a turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by Slat View Post
          I logged in after 2 years of break and wanted ......
          I almost stopped reading right here. ^-^^-^

Glad you decided to comeback, but pull the broomstick out of your ass and enjoy the new pub. It's not finalized yet, and anything USEFUL that you have to add to the future of the game would be much appreciated, especially from anyone who has allegedly played since 2001.

The new pub system is a beta test that we can all contribute to and enjoy, but if you just want to bitch about it; don't let the virtual spaceship door hit you in the ass on your way to your control panel to uninstall the game. :turned:
          Fuck it.

Comment

Wasn't there like 5 different pub maps since 2001?

?go oldtrench1
            ?go oldtrench2
            ?go oldtrench3
            ?go oldtrench4
            ?go oldtrench5

Comment

Old map, no levis, no private freqs, SMALL weasel

Too many want to play turret war in pub now
              LF> Winners of killothon are obviously best players in the zone

100+ Killothon victories

$25 Easter event winner

Real winner (stargazer ruined) $!00 step-elim

Runner up levi elim to 500 marathon

Comment

Problems with old pub one entrance into fr, now there are 5 this makes defending the flagroom alot more fun, and much less jav tks as there aren't 16 people in one flagroom at a time people are spread out, the lev always needed nerfing totally ruined pub most people can easily see that. There are less spots to jav on roof. Lot's of good buffs to pub i fail to see the problem.

Comment

I don't know other buddies... but I stop playing pub since the map has been changed

Comment

Originally posted by ckpoon View Post
                    I don't know other buddies... but I stop playing pub since the map has been changed

Why?
                    Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by ckpoon View Post
                      same its fucking boring to play, and it doesnt feel like trenchwars anymore...

Hell i'd even wish purepub was back for good at this point.......i dont know why 50 players wouldnt work with the old map

But...prehaps i am looking back too much...and the best thing for the zone was to make changes...as it has seem to have revived pub
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

it's not trenchwars any more, for me it was about a level playing field and skill rather than buying items and advantages for play time / real money

anyhow i also quit playing due to these changes but before i did i don't remember a revived pub, is there any proof a significant amount of extra people are playing it on a regular basis ?
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
                          it's not trenchwars any more, for me it was about a level playing field and skill rather than buying items and advantages for play time / real money

anyhow i also quit playing due to these changes but before i did i don't remember a revived pub, is there any proof a significant amount of extra people are playing it on a regular basis ?
                          Get your ass to TWBD PeeDee!!
                          Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

haha heya spikey

naw the rage quit is strong with me ><

good luck with your TWDT team though ! pwn the basing in it :turned:
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

It does seem that some of the changes should try to appeal to the long time (5+ years) players of the game as well as to people who are very new to the game.

From what I'm seeing so far in many posts and in-game chat - the appeal to long time players isn't really there. I do suggest trying to play the new pub more than just a few minutes, it does seem to grow on you a bit.

I would say the playing field is still pretty level, PD, even with the new !buy/pubbux system, with the exception of the thors. They are too cheap to !buy and can get annoying. Come pubtrash it up a bit more (and if you have played more than I realize, sorry... lol)
                              Fuck it.

Comment

Working...
                              X