Resolution Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    Please enable resolution limits again. Resolution limits should be imposed in the upcoming twdt, twl, and twd in general. Staff has experimented with the reso enough.

Allow:
    1280x1024
    1440x900
    I totally agree. Staff is smart enough to realize that in TWL there must be a res cap to ensure that everyone has a fair advantage, and skills should be the only factor that decides a game. So in TWDD, why do people use 1980x1200, or whatever monster res, when they can't use that in TWL? I just find that to be silly and pointless.

Let's keep it consistent with our league settings.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

demonic uses 1920x1440 on a 100000" tv loooool
      J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
      8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
        demonic uses 1920x1440 on a 100000" tv loooool
        Wow, that's insane. That's exactly what I'm talking about. I mean, hell, I can use a high res too. I can get up to 1600x1200 on my 19" CRT monitor, and it's so easy to see everything. But the only reason I don't use it is because that isn't allowed in TWL, so why tease yourself? lol
        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me

Comment

who says i wont get twl changed?

nah just kidding, it has its advantages ie. radar shots, but sux like crazy up close cant dodge for pie as opponent ship so small cant see which way is facing properly.

As for 100000" only just over 50" flatscreen :P

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
            1280x1024 and 1440x900 were the maximums that i allowed two seasons ago and almost everyone was happy with that, do this again and enforce it asap
            ph 3:16 "for ph so loved the world that he offered good advice and the world better listen or your children will die"
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

This has been argued before and proven to be a huge benefit.

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              Yes technology has changed, yes these settings were designed for play 15 years ago when the game was created yet I don't hear anyone talking about the fact that lag limits are still exactly the fucking same as they were even though technology has turned the dial up modem into an antique.

So sure lets have 1900x1600 resolution or whatever it is, but then lets also reduce lag limits to 100ms and .5 .5 because as everyone has said "these settings are really old and out dated and cable modems are cheap now".

You are turning the game into a game suited for the upper echelon of the playerbase by having a resolution that not everyone can play on (even though anyone can play on our current widescreen/regular screen res limits) so why not go all the way and make people have better connections if they want to play?
              Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
              Here is a comparison of view distance between 1440x1024 and 1920x1080, and yes this is going to break the tables. First of all, this doesn't show the difference in vertical view distance, which is negligible, and the distance shown is obviously in one direction meaning you get that on the other side as well.

Also, it's not shown here, but it should probably be noted that at 1920 resolution you can almost, but not quite, see the entire radar left-to-right (not up-to-down, though).

This is from the original argument thread, which there was a poll in (which there was more votes for a cap than no cap btw), it pretty clearly shows the huge advantage.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by death row View Post
                I totally agree. Staff is smart enough to realize that in TWL there must be a res cap to ensure that everyone has a fair advantage, and skills should be the only factor that decides a game. So in TWDD, why do people use 1980x1200, or whatever monster res, when they can't use that in TWL? I just find that to be silly and pointless.

Let's keep it consistent with our league settings.
                Exactly...I also hate the argument that well twdd doesn't matter. Not everybody gets a chance to play TWL, so twdd is basically competitive for them so why not keep that fair for everyone.
                1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

currently the resolution in twl arenas are controlled through arena settings i think

is it possible to remove those so people in spec can watch on higher res then use a bot to control the res for the squads actually playing?

im ok with the cap going back on, but i like watching the games on high res

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

tired of getting r5'd by dreadful newbies. res cap in all arenas
                    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

yah I agree...this is why I'm so bad in dd's, get the res cap and I'll be pro $$

Comment

as far as i know it's actually just bot-controlled, two seasons ago i asked maverick to implement a res check into the bot when a player got added and if they were over the limit they were specced

if someone could verify that would be great
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I agree with cres.
                          Game would be more fair.

Comment

yeah its retarded people like lasenza use super high rez and think they are good lol. cut that shit out
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Cres> u ever gonna reply 2 thread
                              Cres> tired of u

yes i agree with crescent seal we should have resolution limits please.
                              Riverside> engi next time you talk like an idiot
                              7:Riverside> need 2 jack off asap wut website i use?
                              7:Riverside> sigh y u talking about cumming :/

7:Jones> dude have you ever read anything about chia seeds
                              7:Jones> hemp seeds have like 4Og protein per 1OOg
                              7:Jones> 35g protein 47g fat
                              7:Jones> or putting hemp/chia seeds in a glass of water
                              (Cres)> its like they have no other food

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                                Exactly...I also hate the argument that well twdd doesn't matter. Not everybody gets a chance to play TWL, so twdd is basically competitive for them so why not keep that fair for everyone.
                                Correct. I mean, Twdd means a lot from that standpoint when you are evaluating talent for the upcoming TWL. You want to know who you can and can't depend on. So if your players are being strayed non-stop by people who have a crazy res advantage that they normally would not have in TWL, the player may be judged unfairly.

I want to play a certain style in twdd, but I know I can't with certain players who have such an insane advantage in res. Back in the day in twdd, I could comfortably play a certain style without any regard to being at a disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                                X