No announcement yet.

usage for base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is, if you dont give a newbie his break and make him a cap for the first time we will end up with the same caps over, and over, and over, and over again (ckpoon)
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

when someone's a good captain, and the games are exciting, what the fuck is wrong with having the same captains every time? it beats the shit out of one team getting destroyed for 20 mins.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam

Secondly, when I captain in ?go base games, I'll usually pick a few people who are new to the arena. I feel that by doing this, we're introducing new blood into the arena (I know I'm not the only person that does this). At the same time, the only way that works is if I pick them in a safe ship such as a spider or shark. 8 times out of 10 the newer players to this arena would just constantly say "i hate this ship!" or "change me to jav!". .
        when im' captain, I remove that guy from the team if there's anyone else alive in the arena
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
          when someone's a good captain, and the games are exciting, what the fuck is wrong with having the same captains every time? it beats the shit out of one team getting destroyed for 20 mins.
          The same captains pick the same people
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Untrue.
            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

yeah thats a lie

However captains tend to pick squad friends alot tho
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

I pick newbies depending on what my lineup i already have looks like. If i've got a strong terr and strong sharks, i'm all for 2 newbies in spider.
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

they'd probably pick the same people if there were constantly the same 16 really strong basers in the arena (at least I would), but that's never the case.. people come and go, and usually I end up with at least 2 guys that I don't really know on my team because I run out of people. those people sometimes turn out good, but more often they're camping spiders, which I really hate.

Comment

It all starts with the people who set the captains. A lot of staff, who are called in don't know the more "experienced" basers from the others, so the simply set the person who says "cap me first"

What I personally suggest, is having a seperate .?go base arena (say base3) where there is in fact a usage limit. Maybe a high one. I also know that matchbot records all games, and myth has access to those numbers. Maybe players are only eligible if they have played a certain amount of game? Putting a higher standard in one base arena will bring some of the same aspects as the old privbases hosted by Mantra, WP, Bleen, and Addy.

I do agree that the quality of .?go base is drastically declining. I think that there needs to be some change. The more experienced players are turning to pub while the new and up and coming are in .?go base. I am not saying that it is a bad thing however. I am simply stating that the privbases and #myth were designed for the experienced not the new. This is why i propose one basing arena with some kind of limit, no matter what it be.

-Yojo
                    2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
                    9:trashed> LOL YOJ
                    9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
                    9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
                    We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

I love it when I'm on a team which is getting absolutely destroyed, and then all of the players chime in, saying "make me jav!"

Comment

I kind of like yojo's idea. Captain usage based on games played instead of time.

Comment

That is, if Myth is willing to make a system in Matchbot that can readily access those numbers.

P.S. Myth is the coolest.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                            It'd be nice if there was a rather high usage limit to Cap, Terr or Jav.
                            Wah, you would trust two newbie sharks. I have to admire your courage.

BTW, just 3 hours ago in a basing game, the team I was on had a retarded shark who repelled mines and commited a 4 fers TK (including the terr) when we had the base.

Originally posted by NaiLed
                            Aye, where the caps were always the terrs. That always seemed to work
                            Terrs for caps would stuff the whole game up if subs are allowed. Have you even tried to be terr and cap at the same time in?go base?

Originally posted by PolluX
                            But there should be a +100h usage match every now and then.
                            Good idea ... normal ?go base should NOT require a minimum usage limit ... but once in a while someone should host a special ?go EliteBase (aka ?go SSGeekParty) ... only people with 500+ hrs usage get invited

That should be fun.

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                            problem is that most experienced caps refuse to cap anymore
                            Well ... being a responsible cap means that you can't fully enjoy the game

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                            The same captains pick the same people
                            So tru ... nowadays I can just have a look at the list of players, do a :MatchBot:!cap

And I would know whether I get picked ... and if I do what ship I get picked into ... with 60% accuracy :eek:
                            Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                              Wah, you would trust two newbie sharks. I have to admire your courage.

BTW, just 3 hours ago in a basing game, the team I was on had a retarded shark who repelled mines and commited a 4 fers TK (including the terr) when we had the base.

SHHHHHH THAT WAS ME :eek: :eek:

Comment

go base always has the same faces playin all the time.....lame, lame , lame .........pub is fun cause there are tons of vets around and tons of ez kills to make and laugh about >oh ya

IM HELLA LAME...........> see ya in pub
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X