Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bohemians voluntarily left TWD (long post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemians voluntarily left TWD (long post)

Hello all, this is SpaceHiker, I wanted to share with the TW public some information that I posted on the Bohemians Forum, mainly so I don’t get asked “what happened?” by a bunch of people. Hopefully this will shed some light on the situation, and I ask you to give our players a fair chance if they show an interest in joining your squad, many of them really are extremely talented and could perform well with an organized group of people….

(pasted message #1, by SpaceHiker, follows)

Hi all. When I first got involved in squad leadership, back during the days of the Time Lords, I had plenty of money to pay the bills and all the time in the world to play SS and help lead a squad. I was even interested in joining staff someday and working on the development teams for Subspace or the bots. But times have changed and now I have to work harder and harder for less and less money. Being an adult and involved in Subspace doesn't make much sense since there is no money to be made in it, and you have to invest a lot of time and energy to be a squad leader or staffer. I'm sure it's great for high-school and some college students to get involved with, but beyond that I think you would have to be comfortably wealthy to devote time to this endeavor, and I am not.

My goal was to improve this squad’s image from a startup pub squad to one of the top squads in basing. It was chaotic at first since I was starting with a squad that was a bit argumentative anyway, with some people in the squad that really didn't belong, and many good players quitting the Time Lords. Improving the squad required that we attract better and better talent, and train the talent that we already had to work together better. During this process though, the time that I needed to devote to this squad was on the rise, and the actual time I had available was going away. I gave ownership to JackieChan>, who eventually shared it back with me and then we brought Bosshawk in as well, trying to get things under control. But it doesn't seem to be coming together at all. When we do manage to bring some great talent on board, they just get frustrated quickly with all the problems and they leave, or they stop playing regularly and we end up with a seriously inconsistent lineup like we have now. Those of you that have stayed with us through the whole process have shown great devotion, and I thank you for that, but it isn't enough for us to move forward.

When the possibility of being in Leagues came around, we started to attract the kind of players we needed and for a few weeks I'd say we were playing at League levels, but it was too little too late (not to mention that some seriously undeserving squads were allowed back into TWL-B), and now things are a real mess. Now a couple crappy squads that were incumbent from last years TWL have the ability to attract good players and turn themselves around a little since they are in Leagues again, but we are left out to pasture after all the work we put in.

I know that I can't devote the time to solving the problems; my participation in Subspace has been reduced to occasional breaks during my work. Squad leaders cannot be like that. Think about the leaders of the top squads in basing, they are online way more than I am and even when they're not playing they spend a lot of time working on something Subspace related. I can't devote 5 hours a day to this game anymore, and I don't know if we can survive without someone on board who can get the job done.

So I'm opening up for discussion the possibility of ending the squad. We have some of the coolest people in Subspace on this squad and I would hate to sever those relations, but we're struggling to the point where it's not as much fun as it could be.

Maybe someone can step up and bring things together, if so, now's the time to speak up. I haven't discussed this with Boss or Jackie either, maybe they have a plan to get it together. If so, let's share it here for everyone to know. Because without some serious effort, being in this squad will continue to get less fun.

(pasted message #2, by SpaceHiker, follows)

Wow.... From what I have heard through the grapevine it sounds like we were banned from TWL and fined some points because Bosshawk created a fake squad and we TWBD'd them (in the game where no one ever showed up).

I can assure you that I had no idea this was happening, although I thought it was wierd when no one showed up and Boss did seem fishy about the whole thing.

I am going to discuss this with staff and find out the details asap.

That isn't the kind of squad that I wanted when I created this. We were supposed to be a squad of friends first and foremost, but what can you say when someone does something like this?

(pasted message #3, by Bosshawk, follows)

space and jackie had no knowledge of this....
    i have been so frustrated with spastic, and with hck....and i was so pissed off the other day.... yes i challenged bohems from a fake registered squad......to make sure we were over hck.....

they havent said a word to me...funny.....

all i can say is i am sorry....it was a bonehead move thru and thru..... and ill resign and leave the squad....

(pasted message #4, by SpaceHiker, follows)

Hi all, As you may know, Bohemians were removed from backup TWL contention for this season and fined 100 points in TWBD.

It's obvious that this squad is holding all of you back at this point and you would be better off elsewhere. As I've said before, I wanted this to be a squad of friends, a group of people that get along and play this game to have fun together from time to time. Some people (or at least 1 person) took it a little too seriously I guess, and now in TWBD and TWL this will not be possible, we will just get the tar beat out of us in TWBD anyway except by noob squads.

So, I have taken over direct control of the squad again and put ownership under the nick Space Hiker (I normally play under the name SpaceHiker, which will not be in the squad anymore, but I will check in on the squad from time to time). I have removed the Bohemians squad from TWD and un-rostered everyone. Those of you that want to compete in TWD or TWL would be advised to find a squad to join. The Bohemians will continue to exist as a pub squad only. I will not dissolve the squad, and maybe one day it will be resurrected.

Playing alongside most of you has been great fun and it is very painful to see those times end. I ask you to keep the Bohemians chat in your chat list and keep in touch.

Take care everyone,
    --SpaceHiker

Re: Bohemians voluntarily left TWD (long post)

Originally posted by Space_Hiker
    many of them really are extremely talented
    We all are in our own special way!
    I have a sig and a cig hahaha

Comment

Worst mistake you can ever make, Space. Besides maybe ever letting BossHawk into your squad in the first place. You really weren't TWL quality, YET. If you guys stick together, play together you'll improve on teamwork, and eventually get better. But definatly axe bosshawk.

Comment

Man! this is terrible news..Bohemians were a tight unit and played well as a team..basing pros if you ask me. I was with them for a short time but basing wasnt my strong point. Great group of folks there for sure and we al will miss them as basers. Still I will get a chance to lame them in pub which makes me happy =D
        sigpic

Comment

Heh... this is kind of ironic. If any of you have ever studied even a bit of history, you all know about the "great schism" of the church. I was back around on Time Lords way back when everybody was still there, Galleleo, Credit Account, Evul Fly, Maize, Jackie, etc., and eventually, a lot of us got bored and left. A little bit later, Hiker reforms a group called Bohemians, and Credit does the same with what is now Mambo. I had oppertunities to join both these squads, but I was a doofus and didn't take either one. Now one is top ranked in TWLB and the other is dropping from competition altogether. This saddens me... that such a split had to occur, but I suppose that squads end up this way. It's sad to see ya go Hiker, I personally can vouch that you put a lot of time and effort into the project. You're always okay in my book, give me a buzz in SS next time you're on.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

:'(

In my opinion, I really think You (SpaceHiker), WorstPlayerEver and JackieChan have been nice to me all-time. I really don't wanna see you guyz break-up. Even though I only know you guyz for a few months, but I know your Bohemians really improved alot, alot and alot. I also know Bohemians have been created for1-3 years (?). It's really sad to dissolve just by 1 MISTAKE. Why BossHawk, WHY DAMNIT? WE ARE NOT TRYING TO GET OVER YOU GUYZ IN TWL-B spot. WE ARE TRYING TO HAVE DAM FUN. Jesus BossHawk, I was joking as you know and you know I talk alot too. Why did you take this so seriously?

Oh Well. Good Luck to other Bohemians. Hope you guyz find a goooooood Squads that you like to be in. Wish you all luck.

This message is brought to you by HcK-Limitedsss.
            TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
            TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
            Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
            1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
            4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
            1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

Sad to see our only respectable opponents in TWBD go.
              MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

Originally posted by Space_Hiker
                BLAALBAALBLAABLAABLAA
                BLAABLAABLAABLAA
                Originally posted by Diakka
                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

deeply dispointed....
                  Arsenal

Comment

:/

Comment

Bowhomiens?
                      1:ToRR <ZH>> i was a huge ass and i've really cut down to only like 25% of the ass i used to be

Comment

Paladen has little room to talk in the basing department.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Oh no! A squad dissolved in TW?!?!?! WTF!?!??!?!

P.S. Jackie>Chan is a little fruity biatch.
                          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Although I'm tempted to post something about this being another 'feel sad because our squad was dissolved' post (and Eeks post really did make me laugh out loud), it really does suck when you trust someone enough to make them a cap and then get screwed over by them.
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i shoulda read the whole post before i posted. oh well

Jackie is still queer.
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                              X