which favicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason View Post

use this one, it's original, it looks best, people like it, give it clear back ground and engage, i have enough basic continuum icons on my screen

Comment

meddis is best, #4 is second best
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

as far as the yellow versus orange debate, the yellow has a slight issue. if i leave it on just a transparent background, it doesn't show up worth crap against a light background. just about all browsers use light colored backgrounds for tabs by default. i purposely darkened the image (which turned it orange) to allow for better contrast.

as for an animated favicon, hell fucking no. they are way too annoying, not to mention anything other than an .ico file is non-standard and will not necessarily work across multiple browsers (and older browsers). you can't animate an .ico file.

so... that leaves us with two choices i suppose. either we deal with this one ( ) not showing up all that well, or we go with this one ( ) as vati suggested and i can take away the square background and just make it transparent.

more feedback, if you please! :nice:
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
          yo, whatever the favicon is right now... its the same one as the TW official website, and so in my bookmarks i frequently click the wrong link and get to tw homepage instead of forums.

i know its possible to cook up a script to let you change the favicon to suit a user's preferences, but failing that, at least make it something that isnt identical to TW.org homepage favicon!!
          even though the main tw site is due for a design refresh, i think i'm going to change it's favicon to the orange and white TW image for consistency's sake.

and then i'll set the forums favicon to whatever we decide upon in this thread.

just for you jerome. :kiss:
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Do Jason's bronze colour with meddi's rotating thing on a black square background?
            Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

who will be the first trench warrior to go through an enemies post history and deploy an ordinance of dislikes thus shattering their foes street credit and self-esteem? who is the true forum highlander?

Comment

speaking of which, the add-on we're using has a feature whereby if a post reaches a certain negative rating (calculated as likes - dislikes), it will auto-collapse and you have to click to expand it.

of course, the feature is currently disabled, but i'm just throwing that out there.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meddi View Post
                  Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  that would suck
                  Originally posted by Jason View Post
                  as for an animated favicon, hell fucking no. they are way too annoying
                  all of this

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

orange shield sucks btw
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

i'm gonna go with vati's suggestion and try out the wb symbol one. i just have to tweak it a little first. might have time to do it tonight, but if not, i'll do it over the weekend.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

okay, so take a look at this. these are all the choices i can muster. and i've put them on a light background so you can tell what they'll (most likely) look like when in use.

jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

my personal favs are either second from the left in the top row, or the terr.

tried as i might, i just couldn't get the wb symbol one to look right. the detail in my original graphic is just too fine, so it doesn't scale down in size all that well.
                          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

in order:

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

really, #4? as in the 4th from the left in the top row?

it looks off to me. couldn't seem to get the anti-aliasing just right.

more feedback please! (food for my OCD, hah!)
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

yeah speaking of OCD #4 looks fine

id be fine with second from left or terr or even #4
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X