which favicon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which favicon?

i know a lot of you probably could care less about this, but which of these favicons would you like to see used for the forums?

(if you're unfamiliar with what a favicon is, it's the little image that shows up either in your browser's address bar or on the tab next to the title of the page.

we can use the one that's currently in use, which is:

or i made two more which draw from the new forum theme, and they are:

and

edit: it's probably best to switch to the "vb4 default style" theme so you can see what these images will look like on a light background. most browser tabs have a light bg.
    Last edited by Jason; 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

oh and here are just a few more variations. first one is a bit hard to see against a light background. last one is a black shield which you absolutely have to view against a light background in order to properly see it.

Last edited by Jason; 05-23-2011, 11:12 PM.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

currently my favicon has the white background with the continuum emblem on it. Is it possible for it to just be the continuum emblem without any background. It will look nicer on my bookmarks bar. : ]
      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

yeah, that's because dez messed up the tw forums favicon.

the one at trenchwars.net has a transparent background, and i just copied the one from tw.net over to the forums. it sometimes takes awhile for the new favicon to show up, though.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

okay, last one.

this is very similiar to only it's a quite a bit darker so hopefully it'll show up better against a light background.

Last edited by Jason; 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM.
          jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

think i'm gonna go ahead and use that last one for the time being, barring any feedback to the contrary, i think it's the best option.

but please toss in your two cents, as i can very quickly change it!
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

My vote goes to the last one.

Not too bright and it looks like the logo has depth to it.

edit: though I do like the black one as well.
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

heh, i was posting so spastically as i created those that i'm not sure which one you mean by the "last one" at this point.

this one?
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I like the one with a transparent background. Which could be many of them. But of the two most recent ones, I'd prefer the lighter yellow over the orangey one.
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

My vbulletin favicon looks wayyyy better than the default vbulletin one.

But yours looks wayyyy better than mine :O

Comment

yo, whatever the favicon is right now... its the same one as the TW official website, and so in my bookmarks i frequently click the wrong link and get to tw homepage instead of forums.

i know its possible to cook up a script to let you change the favicon to suit a user's preferences, but failing that, at least make it something that isnt identical to TW.org homepage favicon!!
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Wow Jerome, just wow. HATER.

Comment

TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
                          WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
                          CURL MAX: An entire ham
                          SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
                          DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
                          WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
                          BODYFAT:97%
                          TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

that would suck

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
                              I like the one with a transparent background. Which could be many of them. But of the two most recent ones, I'd prefer the lighter yellow over the orangey one.
                              i agree with this, the yellow one reminds me more of the icon i clicked on a scary amount of times over the years :P so much so anything other than yellow seems wrong to my indoctrinated brain
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X